“Worst lodging house I've been to!”

Casa Leticia Business Inn
Casa Leticia Business Inn
Ranked #64 of 124 Davao City B&B and Inns
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
“Worst lodging house I've been to!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I initially reserved a room (via agency) in Casa Leticia Legazpi St. but since the cab dropped me here in Casa Leticia along Maya St. and was in a hurry to get to SM Davao for work, I opted to this Inn instead. The Inn is the nearest lodging house in SM Davao that I thought would provide the "ultimate hotel service that every business person on the go deserves" -- as their site boasts. But apparently and annoyingly enough, they just provided me a troublesome stay here. How troublesome is it? One, I got a room on the 3rd floor and walked up a staircase. There's no elevator in the Inn, thinking of the bright side, this serves as an exercise for me. Second, I got in the room - it's clean enough and made up well, thing tho is, their cable has been disconnected for an unknown reason and I was advised to just have the TV on til their cable's been fixed. Third, I got back this inn late afternoon, hoping the cable has been fixed. I tried checking it with the receptionist, dialing 0 as usual, only to get a response that she'd provide someone to assist me and just hanged up. And yes, as expected, no one came. So, I decided to just sleep on it, woke up and went to get myself a nice dinner in Yellow Fin Restaurant (it's a nice restau by the way, worth all the cent. Their chicken is a must-try). Only to get back and find their wi-fi not working and my telephone disconnected as well. For a person who went to Davao for a business trip, it is important that the hotel has wifi and phone working to connect to the hotel personnel especially with I located on their top floor. It was totally vexing for me to go down from 3rd floor just to talk to the personnel and check why everything's faulty. I understand that these cases, such as disconnected phone line and wifi is inevitable. BUT! If they are really true to their words on providing good service to people on business trip, they could have at least, notified me as I walked in (twice!) in their reception area. Plus! Upon reporting the disconnected phone line and wifi, the 2 receptionists, should have at least provided me with their alternative number so it won't be bothersome for me to go up and down the stairs from 3rd floor! I had to ask them for their mobile so I can call their attention with ease. And strange enough, one receptionist advised that they have a mobile number, it's globe tho so they hope it's okay with me. I don't get it! Would it really matter if it was Sun, Smart or Globe?! Anyway, they instead provided me with a business card. For crying out loud! How inefficient can they all get?! They should have provided me their card upon reporting a disconnected phone line! Don't you think so? So there, for any traveler (be it a business trip or vacation), I highly recommend that you stay to other lodging houses. Marco Polo perhaps? It maybe far from SM Davao but it's I think.. worth all the cent!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank IanBanares

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed June 16, 2011

There are two Casa Leticia in Davao City. You have to tell the cab driver that you want to go to Casa Leticia Business Inn located in Ecoland. Apart from that hassle, my check-in was fast, I was given a simple and pretty room on the 2nd floor with a flat screen tv and other much needed facilities. They also gave 2 hours extension for checkout without any additional charges. The hotel might be far from the downtown area but is near the bus terminal, actually just walking distance (which was convenient for me as I needed to go to Panabo City) and a ride away going to the famous mall called SM City (jeepneys pass by the hotel).

What really stood out for me was the great customer service I received from the staff - from the housekeeping and most especially from the restaurant staff. They're so attentive even on refilling the glass of water without being asked. They also helped me with regard to the bus trip when I asked, one of them even asked someone else just to confirm. The staff also greet the guests warmly and with a ready smile. A pleasant stay over all.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business