“Escape from Stress”

Eden Nature Park & Resort
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Area is Impressive. Its Huge. and Its amaziing how the place is cooler compared to the main town of Davao. I am Glad. because as i got into Davao City and enjoyed my full 2 days stay, I felt like walking In Hot streets of Manila with the Heat. So I was advised by the Locals to see the Eagle Sanctuary, Eat lots of Cat Fish on the way which is Delicious and Stay at The Eden. So now I am at the Eden. yes the place is nice, The food is just right. nothing memorable. I cant even remember what i had because its not something that leaves a memory hahaha. I stayed in a Cabin and it comes with a Horse. This is the most enjoyed part because its like a Play House thing. You have this Log House in the middle of the Forrest. its like Yogi Bear and Friends. and since you have your own beautiful horse. Seeing the Place is better that walking on your feet. A must try for the Family. Though the night i was there it rained heavy so we were not able to make some Mallows on Bon Fire. Btw forget the Pool its soo called and the Pool is sooooo Cold.

Room Tip: Choose the Log Cabin with the Trees on the Side. You will Feel more the Yogi Bear experience
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at Vista Cottage. Check-in was fast and we were escorted to our Cottage with their shuttle. Rooms were clean and tidy complete with basic amenities, spacious bathroom and balcony rooms with cool mountain air with the views of pine trees, tulips and many others.

Shuttle is provided if you need a transportation to go to the restaurant or pool area.

The dinner was great and has many selections. Organic, fresh salad veggies is my favorite.
All at reasonable prices. Special meal/tour rates are offered for In-house guests.

We availed the tour around the park, our tour guide is very knowledgeable of all the animals, flowers, trees and herbs. They also offer hiking tour but we were not able to try it.

We'll be coming back and we'll bring more friends and family so they can enjoy the cool mountain air, and the nature's beauty.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laikz
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The place is far from the downtown area, about 30 mins or more when you drive your own car. The travel is worth it anyway. This place is for you when you love nature tripping or just having fun touring around the green scenery, wild and local flowers and a view of Davao City, hundreds (or a thousand) of meters below.

They have restaurant, kiddie parks and recreation area,, an aviary and a mini-zoo, a swimming pool, a tiny fishing village, cottage rooms for overnight accomodations, a zipline and day tour in a multi-cab vehicle with a tour guide.

The place is also selected for wedding venues for that picturesque appeal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently had an occasion to stay at Eden Nature Park in Davao for two nights by taking advantage of the low price offer available at that time. The accommodation I was allocated was in a Lodge consisting of twin beds and full shower room and toilet (CR) facilities. The room was more than adequate and had TV and DVD with a fridge and Air/con. Although the Lodge was some distance from the main restaurant, if required transport was on call to shuttle you back and forth at very short notice. The food available breakfast, lunch and dinner was ample for my needs and was also very good value for money. I did appear that as a guest of the resort I got preferential treatment during meal times and had I stayed longer, I’m sure I’d have gained weight. The staff at the facility were very courteous and helpful at all times I must add. The only downside to my visit was having been to Eden a few years ago and enjoyed the wonderful grounds and sights there appears to be an element of neglect in the ground maintenance unlike before. I believe that the staff have been drastically reduced therefore less people with more work to do. There is escorted tours of the facilities at a nominal charge with transport provided and the tour guides are very knowledgeable of both the flora and fauna to be found there. If one is looking for luxury they may be disappointed on the other hand if you want to enjoy the mountain air in a natural setting it’s the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Pro - cool weather

Con - bad service. my feet was punctured by a needle while walking towards the play area where there were swing, seesaw and etc. this can be hard to avoid since it happened outdoors. what i didnt like about it is what they did about it. the did clean the wound but there was no folllow up. since the wound was deep and the needle had rust on it, i was worried about getting infection / tetanus. they promised to ask nurse what anti biotic medication i should take but i never heard from them anymore. after checking out from the hotel, i went to davao doc to see a doctor. i was give tetanus shots and was prescribed with anti biotic. i spent almost 2,000 because of the needle puncture. i just couldnt see the right amount of effort from Eden.

The room we stayed in wasn't nice. It didnt have a resort feel to it. Sound insulation was really bad. We could hear a lot of noise from outside and the room beside us.

Although the place was really big, a huge percentage was undeveloped. Although you could see a lot of flowers, it wasn't designed nicely. There was almost no artistry or creativity with their landscaping.

We went to the butterfly garden but it was closed.

The room was dirty. We could see dust and cobwebs on the wall. The dust abd cobwebs were easy to see, I can't understand how that was not seen by the housekeeping.

The place could have been better. It had a nice weather. It had so much potential, but the owners seems to lack the vision, good taste and maybe funds to make it a beautiful place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sophiegrayy
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in a weekdays, so not many people/visitors were there. My boyfriend liked the place a lot since it was like a home away from home -- not only coz it's in the mountains but also it has very cool climate which gave us the reason to snuggle most of the time..hehe. One of the good things about the resort is that the cottages are away from the restaurant, the playground and pool where day-tourists usually stay. So even if there were tourists, we still enjoyed privacy. We enjoyed the hanging rope (I forgot the name of that) which you hold on to the rope like tarzan and swing to the other side. It was too cold for me so we skip the pool. The food is quite expensive but all good dishes. We didnt anymore use the shuttle ride but decided to walk around the place using the map which the resort provided. On our last day, we attempted to do the mountain trekking -- map says it's a 4km walk. We thought it wasnt so far but we forgot, it's a MOUNTAIN trekking, not to mention, the path is slippery coz it rained the previous night. In short, we didnt make it to the end... only half of it. As a result, we were not able to do zip line and horse riding coz we consumed half of the day on the trekking. Too bad.. But it was a great experience. The only reason why i gave 4 out of 5 is that it's too far from the city and the taxi is a little expensive. But it was all worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This Nature Park and Resort is situated in one of the most beautiful places in the Davao City. Its worth visiting just for the view. The food is passable but nothing special. The service needs a lot of improvement. The staff does its best, but they seem to be understaffed. There aren't enough of them to go around. The place is so large that you need to ride their in resort vehicles to get from one place to another and takes quite a while for them to pick you up and get them to where you need/want to go.

If they can provide golf carts (?) or the very least maps of where everything is, the place would be much friendlier.

It would seem to be quite a challenge for anyone to get appropriate medical attention in the event of a medical emergency in one of their cottages.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple