“Best Central European Food of DC”
Review of De Bonte Koe

De Bonte Koe
Ranked #5 of 553 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Dutch
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant (open since 2000)is located in the back of the compound, away from street noise. You can enjoy an open or Air conditioned environment. De Bonte Koe has a cozy intimate ambience. We over a quality conscious menu with variety of entrees, (Soup, Salads, Graved Lax, Pate, Clams, Mussels etc.) Main courses (meat and vegetarian)and Desserts. Our Beef is imported and prepared to your preference (grilled)while keeping the natural flavors. All servings are generous and complete with a tasty Sauce, Vegetable and Potato on the side. Next to our Beef we serve several Pasta, Fish (Salmon,Cod,Squid, Malasugui, etc.) Chicken and Pork (Spare ribs, Snitzel, Cordon Bleu) dishes, not to forget the International dishes like, Paella, Nasi Goreng and Shoarma. we offer small children menu and Vegetarian dishes like Soup, Salad, Lasagna, Pasta and Paella. Dessert: home made Apple Pie and Deep Fried Ice Cream. Our bar offers a variety of Foreign Wines, (home brewed)Beers and Liquors. On Thursdays from 3 till 10 Pm Expats living in Davao are gathering to share experiences and blow off steam, a great opportunity to make new friends and valuable contacts We are looking forward to welcome you in our Home away from Home. Opening time: Mondays we are Closed. Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri and Saturday we open at 12.30pm till 4.30 pm. have breaktime and open again at 5.pm till 10.30. Sundays we open at 5 pm till 10.30 pm The kitchen will close at 10 pm
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Best Central European Food of DC. Labing lamí ang ilang meals. Das ist für mich das beste Restaurant in DC mit mitteleuropäischer Küche. Var saa godt det smaker fint

2  Thank Haftelmacher

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I hadn't been to De Bonte Koe in almost two years, not because I didn't like the place or because the food wasn't well prepared, but simply to avoid, in my advancing years, the hassle of parking down town. Tonight I returned after much too long an absence, and was delighted to find that nothing's changed. That is, the food--and in particular the steaks--are still excellent, the service unobtrusive and prompt, and the old world courtliness and politesse of the owner still much in evidence.

De Bonte Koe is an extremely attractive restaurant, well decorated, with soft lighting. It's comfortable, quiet, and done in perfect taste. The wine list, from which I did not partake, is sufficiently large to offer a wide range of prices and types of wine. Tonight however, I stuck with cold imported beer.

This is an easy restaurant to recommend to Davao visitors. The menu is extensive, and offers a huge variety of continental fare, and I believe that it serves the best steaks in town, cooked exactly as ordered, with real French fries or large baked potatoes. I also had the Dutch apple pie, which was every bit as delicious as I had remembered.

The restaurant also has an attractive outdoor terrace for those who prefer to dine al fresco, and the traffic congestion that used to make parking difficult, has abated.

For those coming to Davao, I would classify this as a "must visit" restaurant because of it's excellent food, service and ambience.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The restaurant is located in the Casa de Habana, down a pathway, and is a little difficult to find. It was worth it though, as we enjoyed the stuffed mussels, the Dutch stew and an Indonesian pasta dish. A wide variety of options, and the wine was reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I have been going here for around 5 years, for a beautiful romantic place it is impossible to beat in Davao, the food as always is second to none, well done to Haney the owner for working so hard to keep the quality and service perfect every time

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is our fourth visit to Davao, but unfortunately only our first to De Bonte Koe, but at least we had to time to visit twice. I have visited Amsterdam and the Netherlands many, many times because I find the country so wonderful, even inspiring and the culture so rich. I would not rate the food there as an attraction, however. So I was not expecting much (except for all the enthusiastic reviews). Wrong. Best food I have had in Davao. AND a very personable host/owner, again not the nrm for Dutch, who to my experienc are somewhat dour and "hard headed."

The Dutch stew was so good I had it both times. My wife loved the chicken sate. And by two young children found the chicken tenders "very yummy" (their highest rating). Only (small) downer, the dressing on the Mediteranian salad was too sour for my wife's taste.