“Nice atmosphere, hearty food”
Review of De Bonte Koe

De Bonte Koe
Ranked #12 of 492 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: European, Dutch, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Restaurant (open since 2000)is located in the back of the compound, away from street noise. You can enjoy an open or Air conditioned environment. De Bonte Koe has a cozy intimate ambience. We over a quality conscious menu with variety of entrees, (Soup, Salads, Graved Lax, Pate, Clams, Mussels etc.) Main courses (meat and vegetarian)and Desserts. Our Beef is imported and prepared to your preference (grilled)while keeping the natural flavors. All servings are generous and complete with a tasty Sauce, Vegetable and Potato on the side. Next to our Beef we serve several Pasta, Fish (Salmon,Cod,Squid, Malasugui, etc.) Chicken and Pork (Spare ribs, Snitzel, Cordon Bleu) dishes, not to forget the International dishes like, Paella, Nasi Goreng and Shoarma. we offer small children menu and Vegetarian dishes like Soup, Salad, Lasagna, Pasta and Paella. Dessert: home made Apple Pie and Deep Fried Ice Cream. Our bar offers a variety of Foreign Wines, (home brewed)Beers and Liquors. On Thursdays from 3 till 10 Pm Expats living in Davao are gathering to share experiences and blow off steam, a great opportunity to make new friends and valuable contacts We are looking forward to welcome you in our Home away from Home. Opening time: Mondays we are Closed. Tues, Wed, Thu, Fri and Saturday we open at 12.30pm till 4.30 pm. have breaktime and open again at 5.pm till 10.30. Sundays we open at 5 pm till 10.30 pm The kitchen will close at 10 pm
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Nice atmosphere, hearty food”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The restaurant is located in the Casa de Habana, down a pathway, and is a little difficult to find. It was worth it though, as we enjoyed the stuffed mussels, the Dutch stew and an Indonesian pasta dish. A wide variety of options, and the wine was reasonably priced.

Visited May 2013

Davao City
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I have been going here for around 5 years, for a beautiful romantic place it is impossible to beat in Davao, the food as always is second to none, well done to Haney the owner for working so hard to keep the quality and service perfect every time

• Visited April 2013
Mindanao, Philippines
“The Best”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is our fourth visit to Davao, but unfortunately only our first to De Bonte Koe, but at least we had to time to visit twice. I have visited Amsterdam and the Netherlands many, many times because I find the country so wonderful, even inspiring and the culture so rich. I would not rate the food there as an attraction, however. So I was not expecting much (except for all the enthusiastic reviews). Wrong. Best food I have had in Davao. AND a very personable host/owner, again not the nrm for Dutch, who to my experienc are somewhat dour and "hard headed."

The Dutch stew was so good I had it both times. My wife loved the chicken sate. And by two young children found the chicken tenders "very yummy" (their highest rating). Only (small) downer, the dressing on the Mediteranian salad was too sour for my wife's taste.

• Visited March 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Lovely place to visit, but quite expensive...”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I just visited Davao and opened tripadvisor to get some details for european food. De bonte koe, a Dutch restaurant, was listed so I gave it a try! When I arrived at the location, walking distance from Marco polo hotel, My hotel and Apo View hotel, I first entered in the wrong place, their sign is at the street side but the bonte koe restaurant is behind the pub, anyway I ordered a typical European dish! Food was great, good taste and quality. But the price I paid was also European! I did not mind that much since it was tasteful and it was already a few weeks since I had a good European meal! The next day I visited another Dutch restaurant, de boerderij, which was a bit out of that area but the price was just half and the taste was also very good!

4 Thank Sammypla
Almere, The Netherlands
“Dutch home cooking”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Tucked away between all bars is a Dutch restaurant " De bonte koe" The Dutch owner is very friendly and helpful. Do not expect high end Cuisine at this place but a good meal is what you can get. The staff is friendly .

Personally i think it is a bit highly priced but the food you get is tasty. And i love the cold beer with Bitterballen :-))

• Visited January 2013