“Better This Time After a Long Hiatus”

La Toscana Italian Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 501 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“Better This Time After a Long Hiatus”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

La Toscana

This Italian restaurant is located on Quirino Ave. Let me first say, we have been to this place in the past and we were not happy then. They charged P150 for a table charge as a surprise each person on the bill, plus a service charge. This resulted in a big argument with the staff. We believe it was because we were with foreigners.

Needless to say, we never ate there again, even though in the area many times till recently. We decided to give it a try again. Before we even finished ordering, we asked for the bill to make sure no surprises were in store for us this time. The waitress informed us, that they no longer do that as many were upset. Okay, great, onto the food.

Upon ordering, they bring a nice plate of warm bread with a deli side for a free appetizer, nice touch. They also bring free bread with the meal, great, I Love it. Our food was well prepared, I had pasta and my husband had the homemade ravioli. All were very good. The wine list is simple, but adequate for us. We enjoyed our meal, the waitress was very nice and polite, and the ambiance is simply comfortable. We will be back again.

Try the homemade pastas etc . Price wise, it’s about on average P70 pesos less than in Manila. One caution, ask them of if any hidden costs before you order just to make sure they did not start that policy again. I only rate this average taking into consideration our past problems there.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank leftovertoo

Davao
“The only place I eat Italian food outside my home.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The menu is simple but it's very authentic. A nice selection of pasta, with good sausages and cheese. The full course dinners are also very delicious. Instead of rice I always select just linquini. The wine selection is small but also to my liking. Salads are fresh and crisp. Best of all, it is easy on my wallet. All the food is cooked by the owner or under his supervision.
Enjoy