“Good but it could be better”

Nanay Bebeng Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 550 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our guide recommended this place which can become crowded at peak times. The food was good although some are a bit on the salty side. Food selection is kinda limited for me. Although the salads and fruits/dessert section is superb. Love the fresh seaweed! Plus they have unlimited melon drink! At P320 per head, it was worth it!

1  Thank Macben_1969

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Davao have a lot of resto with the same promo. Here you'll find some home delicacies not serve in other resto.

1  Thank joeydvm
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We went to Nanay Bebeng's only because of the reviews we read from TripAdvisor. Long story short we were very disappointed. The restaurant, from outside, is impressive. It gives you the old Filipino feel and it creates an appetite of good food. There's ample parking and the staff are ready to greet you.
We probably came on a bad night as there was a throng of people in the main dining hall (an excursion, maybe). It didn't help that the first thing I tried is the soup. They called it "bouillabaise - yes, as in the Provencal specialty" but really what I found on the pot are just fish innards and scraps, shrimps which are have black coloring (and are gummy in texture) and a dark broth...plus several other parts that were floating on top which I could not recognize. I patiently fell in line to the other choices but when it got to be my turn, there is nothing on the chafing dish but dregs of whatever animal or vegetable part left by the previous guests. I gently requested for refills but was told I had to wait for at least 15 minutes because they are still cooking. Long story short, I had a tiny piece of chicken, a small plate of wilted kangkong and bagoong (there were no lines here) and the soup - which I did not bother to finish.
I wanted to give this restaurant another shot as good reviews still pour in but I have to give my 2-cents worth here...

5  Thank Aveeno1991
Reviewed March 23, 2012

whenever we have guests from overseas and they would like to taste local food, we'd automatically take them there because hte taste and variety of food are simply awesome. good value too1 it's just a bit out of ways but other than that i highly recommend.

2  Thank imojen
Reviewed December 27, 2011

When you get sick of the Jollibee's and Pizza Hut, treat yourself to a authentic Pinoy buffet. Spectacular!

2  Thank DJArnoldo