“A bit expensive but food is really good”

Ahfat Seafood Plaza
Ranked #9 of 512 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone + 63 82 http://thebackpackman.blogspot.com/2010/11/davao-ahfat-seafoods-plaza.html Telephone + 63 82 224 0002/ 226 2688
Reviewed June 16, 2014

One of the big restaurants in Victoria plaza parking... Place is a bit fancy and expensive looking. Food is very good. One of my fave restaurants.

I love the fact that their ingredients are displayed in a glass window and you can see how fresh the ingredients are. It's very important for me to know what goes into my plate.

You can also see the chef/cooks as they prepare you food. A bit of crowd pleaser but most importantly, you know his clean their kitchen is.

A bit pricey, but their food stands up for it. I don't mind spending, as long as I get the value of my money.

There are newer reviews for Ahfat Seafood Plaza

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had a local friend who frequented this place. He ordered the food for us. There are various AhFat restaurants but he mentioned the one we entered was the first. Our country's President dined here as well few days before we did. The food was truly first class Chinese made from fresh seafood. The place was quite dated reflective of any Chinese restaurant in my younger days.
The food was excellent and the prices are reasonable.
I would dine here again and recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Davao City.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

The last time I had the chance to have dinner at AhFat was 10 years ago.

For this trip, I rediscovered AhFat by accident. We were planning to eat at another restaurant, we got lost and we found AhFat.

The tables and chairs and the place is from another Chinese era where panciterias and green chairs were the fad. None of the fancy spancy Chinese fusion for you. It's authentic Chinese resto owned by a Chinese through and through.

Started with a platter of cold cuts. Had fried rice, oyster cake (although my mom's oyster cake is still the best), hofan (a bit too saucy), hototay soup and veggies.

Despite the fact that we came in late and they were almost closing, we were not rushed. I would definitely make time for AhFat the next time I am back in Davao.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This is undoubtedly the best Chinese sea food restaurant in business. My only gripe is that their restaurant IS VERY TIGHT AND CROWDED. I think it would help if they would remove just even 1 round table. The actually built 2 more branches in the same vicinity to alleviate the crowding problem but people just keep on coming as the restaurant is an institution.

1  Thank Mary Josephine G
Reviewed May 15, 2014

PRice is reasonable and seniors friendly- great service. authentic Chinese taste, food served fast and hot. Can bring friends to eat together- the more people the merrier