“Enjoyable stay in a clean, efficiently-run inn”
Review of Home Crest Hotel

Home Crest Hotel
Ranked #27 of 126 Davao City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently stayed one night at Home Crest. I moved here from another hotel downtown, since I needed to be near the Ecoland bus station for my next-day travel to General Santos City. I booked the Junior Suite by phone, did not encounter any problems. I arrived at the hotel early. The place was fully booked that time, so they told me that I can only check in at 2 PM. They kept my luggage. Not really a bummer, since I can just literally cross the street to the SM City annex, which is just a minute's walk away. It's very convenient for those who need to get groceries or for last-minute shopping.

The Junior suite itself is a fairly large room, with a very comfortable king-size bed and lots of pillows - which I really appreciate. The room is clean, and is quiet, since it is away from the street.

I bathroom is smallish, but has a rainshower installed. My only gripe is that the shower cubicle is half-separated by glass, with no curtains, so the whole bathroom can get wet pretty quickly. They also did not provide any floor mats, which made it a soggy trip from bathroom to bedroom.
There's a large LCD TV with lots of channels, a well-stocked fridge and different glasses and mugs for cold and hot drinks. There's a water dispenser on the hall in every floor. Breakfast is included. It's the simple usual Pinoy breakfast fare. The waiters are friendly, but the coffee shop is quite small and can get filled up quickly.

Overall, the hotel staff are friendly, quick to attend to your questions and needs, and the property is clean. Being next to a mall is a big plus - although far from the airport. But if you need to travel around Mindanao by bus, this hotel is just 3 minutes away by cab.

Room Tip: Getting the suite is a worthy splurge. Get those away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank TheShrike_inManila

Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was a pleasant stay in this boutique hotel. All parts of the room are functional (Wi-Fi, Mini Ref, Phone, everything in the CR, Cable, comfy bed, air-con, etc). You get the same services as in a 3 star hotel. Location is very strategic. It's right in front of SM. Cost is very cheap. Worth coming back!

Room Tip: They have connecting rooms for families with 4 or more adults.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jheviray
Reviewed May 28, 2013

At first glance I was worried about the traffic outside and the locality to local businesses. After staying just one night and getting used to the massage parlor aroma below I came to the conclusion it was not such a bad place to stay. The SM mall extension entrance is just across the road which leads to a busy junction but is quiet enough out of hours and is very handy for nights out and shopping in one of the best malls in Davao. The included breakfast is very good with plenty of smiles and choice. I am staying less that a week but am pleased with my choice of budget city hotel.

Room Tip: If you want it quieter choose a room not facing the road (without balcony). Twin room are better val...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoffw17
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights last month and enjoyed my stay. They were offering 50% room rates on their website so I got a great deal. Rooms are very nice and location is great just across the street from SM City. Staff was excellent in every way. I wanted to extend my stay but the 50% off deal was over so I moved next door to Ecoland Suites where the rooms are not as nice but 50% cheaper rates.

Its on a busy street and most of the suite rooms are in the front of the hotel so if you want a nice room get the junior suite located in the back...if you get a regular room ask for one in the back where it is quite.

Food at the restaurant is good Cheaper pinoy food is right next door on the bottom floor of ecoland suites or just head across the street to the mall

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank beautiful-looser
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This review is a little bit late since we've been to Davao last November...We stayed at home crest for 3 days and its our first time in Davao..The Hotels location from Airport is a little bit far in my opinion but its much closer to Malls and Infact the Sm mall is just a stone throw away,just a few meters...and it's nice if you like to shop and eat out..the staffs are very welcoming,very helpful considering we bought a couple of boxes of Pomelo and its very heavy..hehe..the rooms are nice,clean and cozy since we stayed on a family suite and we have free breakfast for our room., we have free wifi access..The only thing we slightly didn't like about with the place is we can hear the noise from the hallway,the bathroom lock is broken and no floor rug in the bathroom of our room.
Home crest is a nice place to stay if your looking for pleasant stay and near a shopping center.. Well be back if we go to Davao in the future..

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kitty_paws29
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Room was sizeable enough and clean. Drainage in the bathroom isn't that well installed so expect your bathwater to spill into the rest of the bathroom floor.

A bit expensive for the accommodation but the location was great (since my business meetings were all in SM). Hotel is right across SM Annex.

Room Tip: single rooms are only 1000.00
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank stargazerManila
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed at Home Crest now four times and the experience just gets better and better. The staff are so helpful and make you feel at home. Me and my now wife have used HomeCrest as our base each time. Being close to SM mall is very convienent its always easy to take a cab. There is a laundry service next door also a very resonably priced massage salon in the building. Im sure anyone that chooses this hotel will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: 304 is a nice room, also 310.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple