“Over-rated”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Filipino
Cebu City
“Over-rated”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The food is not delicious. The place is not suitable for eating. If you are a tourist, this is not the place for you. The food is bland, the rice is sub-standard and their softdrinks are overpriced. 1.5 coke is priced at Php60. The place is not memorable. I think, it is way better to eat in a carinderia than eat here. My friend's yaya can cook better than these folks.

Davao City, Philippines
“YUCK! eeeeww.. !”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Yes! Luz Kinilaw is one of the oldest and long running restaurant here in Davao. But how about their cleanliness? wow! excellent dirt you can see and smell from neighborhood! the best! it'll ruin your appetite. I dont know why the people keep coming back, maybe because of the food.

And there was a time my Australian uncle tried to dine in there like 5 years ago, well unfortunately my uncle promised not to come back because he saw rat running under the table, cockroaches and flies all over. Front liners look so tired and hungry and i heard the owner is a mad race except her late husband. Well they should clean the surroundings of the restaurant in and out. Food is good.

Davao City, Philippines
“Horrendous”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I was never impressed the first time i visited this place some 5 years ago and vowed not to come back since then. But a friend from Cebu was so curious about its popularity, hence i gave in. It still looks exactly the same the way it was since the 90s; in an old, dirty, dilapidated shanty. Whats more hurting is that we thought they served NFA rice, and prices were too ambitious for the taste. We paid ph700 for a recipe that was purely grilled, almost tasteless.

1 Thank iamatopmodel
Amsterdam
“Grilled seafoods my favorite!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If one is looking for a glamorous place to dine or take a lunch. then this place does not answer.

But food.. sea foods are tasty and excellently done and very affordable. With rice and kinilaw..oh boy! this made my day.

I brought my husband here, one time and he did not complain. He liked it here, inexpensive but tasty and delicious grilled sea foods.

I am planning to bring my relatives sooner here for a lunch when they come to visit me in Davao.

• Visited June 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Freshly Grilled Seafood”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Because of the raves about this place, we decided to check it out during our trip to Davao last Oct 2012. We ordered Tuna Belly, Tuna Kinilaw and Squid. All were fresh and tasted divine, and the serving was huge. The only thing I didn't like was that the place is old and rusty. They should really consider having a renovation.

Visited October 2012