“kinilaw and grilled fish”
Review of Luz Kinilaw Place

Luz Kinilaw Place
Ranked #41 of 512 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Filipino
Reviewed November 22, 2011

luz kinilaw is a very old restaurant in davao serving native seafood.
at the entrance you will find marinated fish and chicken on a stick to choose from. they will serve it at the second floor later where the dining area is located.
of course i had to eat kinilaw (like ceviche) as an appetizer and i did not get disappointed.
good experience

There are newer reviews for Luz Kinilaw Place

Reviewed September 23, 2011

It's my first visit to this restaurant and the food was good. It is teeming with local customers who savor the kinilaw of this place. The food there is reasonably priced and tastes good. The comment I have on this place is that the building looks dilapidated and needs repair. The veranda side where we seated seems to be sliding downwards as if the foundation of the building slightly caved in... The plates are old with some of them showing cracks.. For the adventurous ones who only come for good tasting food at a very reasonable price, I recommend this place..

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Me and my hubby went to this place because of the nice reviews. My husband being the seafood lover was not satisfied at all. It was over rated ,nothing spectacular and the price is so much expensive! We were stunned when we saw the place it is like a turo turo or eatery that has griller outside. The place was not hygienic at all the seafood were placed in a glass container/cabinet like. With flies around. We still tried it and give it a chance, The grilled tuna panga and squid were about 600 bucks. Shock about d price because davao is known for seafoods so it should be at least a little less that what we paid for. However my hubby said that their seafood was fresh and thats it. We would rather eat in libis dampa than travel all d way to davao to experience this.

1  Thank k_a222
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Definitely one of the best places in Davao. It was my second time and it never fails to impress me. We ordered grilled tuna, kinilaw (fresh fish cooked through vinegar) and barbeque chicken and I could say it was one of the sumptuous meals I ever had. The grilled tuna is simply the best! It's also not too expensive and you get value for what you pay. Just do not expect a classy restaurant as the place is not and will never be designed for that.

1  Thank krimarie20
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Luz Kinilaw's Panga has totally smitten the gusttatory tastes of my sister, she wants to bring it back to the States,but the resto owner refused saying it will spoil the taste.
For decades, LK has not upgraded her place but what the heck,we always come back.