“Rip-off!!!”

Cuisines: Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese
Description: Telephone + 63 82 235 3251to 55
Description: Telephone + 63 82 235 3251to 55
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My niece celebrated her first birthday at Hotel Tropika whose official caterer was Cafe Aseya.

The hotel was okay but the caterer was terrible! My sister ordered buffet good for 40 pax. Since more people (than expected) came that night, my sister decided to order other viands from the menu to accomodate those who came late and were not able to eat from the buffet (as the warmers were already almost empty). Also, it was evident that most, if not all guests were not satisfied with the food and service of the caterer.

Worst thing was, they didn't tell my sister that they were charging per head in excess of the 40 pax. All the while we thought that we were only to pay for the additional orders my sister made. If only we knew they will charge us that way, we could have demanded more food to be served buffet-style.

They should be thankful my sister is a very pleasant person. Though she was disappointed she managed to control her temper.

Furthermore, when we looked for their manager she insisted on their obviously erroneous rip-off style of charging.

Food was not really buffet! It was not at all enough to satiate even young kids! Not to mention we even paid corkage for lechon and even brought light snacks.

It was such as an annoying experience with such UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE.The staff couldn't even answer our complaints.

We could've insisted our point and left without paying since they didn't even have a legally binding contract to start with!

Nothing really special at all! Food was just so-so plus the service was the worst I ever experienced.

Just a piece of advice,if you don't want to be robbed stay away from Cafe Aseya!!!

1  Thank fabanj_11

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food was good but the ambiance wasn't impressive. They stocked their party balloons inside the restaurant for their other function somewhere. While we're eating and enjoying the food, 4 of their balloons exploded in a gap of 2 to 5 minutes and it scared us. I can't wait to leave. We left with our blood pressure raising up.

3  Thank frugie