“more than a dormitel, its a destination!”
Review of Piazza Luna Tower

Piazza Luna Tower
Ranked #42 of 126 Davao City B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Every inch of The Piazza Luna recognises my bold expectations as an international traveler. It made my stay as comfortable and stylishly sophisticated as possible. With its hip interiors, innovative cuisine, crisp amenities and uniquely service culture, the Piazza Luna has created a new benchmark in Davao's hospitality landscape. Will definitely comeback and recommend this to my local friends and friends abroad! ;)

Room Tip: Suite Room is highly recommended
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Jhae0330

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am currently staying here in Piazza Luna, a family operated dormitel in the heart of Davao City. Ambience is very homey with very hospital operators. Its away from the main road, silence and quiet neighborhood that would one a chance to rest. The place is near Ateneo De Davao University and lose to business and commercial establishments. Ideal for backpackers, tourists who would like to explore Davao with modest expenses.

Room Tip: "any room would do but take the room close to the road view"
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Inanrehhernani
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here last june for a wedding. I was surprised how far my money went. From their hi-tech key cards, CCTV's and beautiful clean rooms it feels like a 5 star hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I will surely recommend Piazza Luna to anybody who wants to enjoy and relax at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank Rob_ax1
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at his hotel. The hotel is located in a residential section of the city, about a 12 minute walk to Giasano Mall. The hotel is a boutique hotel, run by a family, and the family was really nice and friendly. The family not only talked to you about the details of the room, and what to see, but would also start up conversations with you on where you came from, and what it is like where you live at home. The family was very accommodating, and when there was a problem with the television not working in my room, they immediately provided access to another room where I could watch the television the first night. The family also quickly had repair men come in to fix the reception problem in my room. The stairs in the hotel are kept really clean, and I could see staff cleaning the entrance way and stairs everyday. There are also so many cheap places to eat on the same street and around the corner from the hotel, and I used to take turns eating at these various home run restaurants and trying the food. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. There is also an internet cafe half way to Giasano Mall, on a main cross street, and half a block from the corner, which only charges 12 pesos per hour. Two sites I recommended seeing in Davao City are People's Park, and Samal Island. You can reach Samal Island by taking a jeepney down to the port, and then taking the ferry across to Kapultian beach area. On the way back, I took a bus which crosses the water on a ferry, and then I got a jeepney on the other side to Giasano Mall.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the high floors, nearest the street, which are less noisy than rooms at the back...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank D0nald2010
Reviewed January 19, 2013

A very good hotel quite new. Rooms are nice and quiet, with aircon, hot shower, TV, good matress. It's a family business and they are so kind. Ask them for anything about the place and they will give you good advices. You can buy drinks and more at the little shop just near the hotel. I strongly recommend this place.

In the same street as the hotel, Luna street, you can eat at the Harley boulevard motor cafe, an american restaurant where u can find good food for cheap. The american owner is very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank leoj2323
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed in this dormitel with 2 of my officemates for 2 nights. The building is well-maintained and our room was cozy and clean. The owners, Mr. & Ms. Tolentino and daughters, accorded us with a very personalized service. The breakfast they offered was good and worth the price. We have found a friend in the couple and they invited to tour us to some tourist spots of Davao in our next stop. The comfort of the place and owners' hospitality and warm accommodation made us feel so much at home. We will surely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank ManilaGirl7
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 1 night on our way to Samal Island for our honeymoon. After a 9 hour bus ride from Cagayan de Oro, the hotel was easy to find and get to from the bus terminal. It was an easy walk to Mandarin Tea Garden for dinner and we had no special problems with our stay. We would return.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple