Planning my first visit to Davao City, I followed the TripAdvisor reviews to this wonderful B&B/Dormitel. I could not have made a better choice.
As the reviews have stated, the building is nearly new, the rooms are spotless and comfortable, everything is very secure, and the food is amazing. The WiFi was always on and east access in my room. A small flat screen TV was in my room with full cable. Cabinets and storage were built in and very solid.
I could go on to describe the facility in detail (and yes, it is well designed and accommodating), but I want to focus on the people. This family owned and operated business is the epitome of service and hospitality. I was met at the door by Aileen, the owner's daughter, who efficiently checked me in and even upgraded my room without me asking. Al, the owner, and his wife were there to greet me as well.
I was tired from the day's travel and didn't want to venture out alone in the night. (The neighborhood at first seemed a little scary when I arrived at night, but in fact, was quite secure and friendly and just a few blocks away from a busy business area including a nice mall.)
They have a charming area for serving the free breakfast, and I casually wondered if they offered dinner. While they do not normally serve the dinner meal, Al's wonderful wife went to kitchen and just a short time whipped up a wonderful meal for me.
And while I'm talking about the food, don't miss the wonderful breakfast offerings that are included with the room. Served up hot and delivered to the table each breakfast was unique during my three day stay - local recipes including fish, rice, eggs, vegetables, and fresh fruit.
They took a personal interest in my needs and were there at every moment to assist me in the most genuine and friendly way. The owner himself drove me on a tour and to the airport on New Year's Eve for a very reasonable fee.
The location is central to most locations around Davao City. I enjoyed visiting Samal Island (Paradise Island and Hagimit Waterfalls) as well as Eden Nature Park, a very interesting place.
It was my first visit to Davao City. When I surely return someday, Piazza Luna will be my home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities w/in the room: Wifi-ready, Cable-ready, Fully air conditioned, Magnetic key door lock, Sound proof windows, Lampshades, Built-in cabinets, Toilet & bath with hot & cold shower. Facilities w/in the building: 24 hr security with CCTV cameras, Fire alarm & smoke detector systems, Fire extinguishers & fire exits, Emergency lights, Standby generator, Pipe-in music, Private lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Piazza Luna Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piazza Luna Dormitel Davao Hotel Davao
- Piazza Luna Tower Davao/Davao City