“I could not have made a better choice”
Review of Piazza Luna Tower

Piazza Luna Tower
Ranked #37 of 124 Davao City B&B and Inns
Hilton Head Island, SC
“I could not have made a better choice”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Planning my first visit to Davao City, I followed the TripAdvisor reviews to this wonderful B&B/Dormitel. I could not have made a better choice.

As the reviews have stated, the building is nearly new, the rooms are spotless and comfortable, everything is very secure, and the food is amazing. The WiFi was always on and east access in my room. A small flat screen TV was in my room with full cable. Cabinets and storage were built in and very solid.

I could go on to describe the facility in detail (and yes, it is well designed and accommodating), but I want to focus on the people. This family owned and operated business is the epitome of service and hospitality. I was met at the door by Aileen, the owner's daughter, who efficiently checked me in and even upgraded my room without me asking. Al, the owner, and his wife were there to greet me as well.

I was tired from the day's travel and didn't want to venture out alone in the night. (The neighborhood at first seemed a little scary when I arrived at night, but in fact, was quite secure and friendly and just a few blocks away from a busy business area including a nice mall.)

They have a charming area for serving the free breakfast, and I casually wondered if they offered dinner. While they do not normally serve the dinner meal, Al's wonderful wife went to kitchen and just a short time whipped up a wonderful meal for me.

And while I'm talking about the food, don't miss the wonderful breakfast offerings that are included with the room. Served up hot and delivered to the table each breakfast was unique during my three day stay - local recipes including fish, rice, eggs, vegetables, and fresh fruit.

They took a personal interest in my needs and were there at every moment to assist me in the most genuine and friendly way. The owner himself drove me on a tour and to the airport on New Year's Eve for a very reasonable fee.

The location is central to most locations around Davao City. I enjoyed visiting Samal Island (Paradise Island and Hagimit Waterfalls) as well as Eden Nature Park, a very interesting place.

It was my first visit to Davao City. When I surely return someday, Piazza Luna will be my home.

Room Tip: There are a variety of different size rooms according to your needs. B1 is large and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank SailRick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed at PLDD for a week in November 2011. My Davao visit was less than ideal as I arrived with a bad cold from my escapades in rainy Manila. Nevertheless, the management at PLDD made it easy for me to relax when my game wasnt at its best. All of the good things other reviewers said are true, so I wont repeat them. Aileen, Al, Norma, and the staff did everything to make me feel at home and help me attend to those peculiar needs that every traveler has (in my case, lots of hot calamansi juice and hot saunas to get rid of my cold). PLDD is located on a quiet residential street, whereas most small hotels in Davao City are located on traffic-choked avenues. At PLDD I enjoyed being able to open my window at night with the quiet and the fresh air. I should also mention that PLDD has CCTV in the common areas and a guard at the front door after hours, so it is very safe and secure. I do recommend that you print the map that the hotel sends when confirming your reservation, and give it to your taxi driver at the airport. PLDD is new and on a side street, so most taxi drivers dont know where it is. Oh, and unlike Manila and most cities in the world, the taxi drivers in Davao are very honest and simple, and wont rip you off -- just go, and enjoy!

Room Tip: I liked rooms on the higher floors for the view and fresh air.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank DJArnoldo
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I am outmost critically inclined to cleanliness and the safety of the place where I stay specially when I travel wherever and whenever. Piazza Luna was definitely a cut above the rest. The service was very authentic and genuine since its a family owned business establishment. The staff helped me get around the beatiful city of Davao and what places needed to be visited since the offer day tours.The technology of this place is what also impressed me. For the price they offer, you wont even think that this establishment was meticulously high tech. Unmatched by even the big corporation owned hotels in town. From its perimeter and in house CCTV cameras, electronically card operated door knobs and electronically card operated elercrical systems of its guest rooms, high speed wifi and surround sound systems you couldnt expect anything else. I had a wonderful stay with Piazza Luna and it did make it on my to do list once i come back to the city of Davao. Thank you Piazza Luna.

Room Tip: Online Booking in advance since this place is sought after.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank ana h
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Hi! My name is Prue Max. I am from Orlando, Florida.

I visited Davao City because I heard a lot of good things about it.

Since, I was just planning to stay for two to four days only; I decided not to stay in a 5 star hotel.

I browsed through this website; alas I found what I was looking for, a bed and breakfast named Piazza Luna Dormitel Davao.

I immediately booked unto their site, www.piazzalunadormitel.

To my amazement, it only took me about 5-10 minutes. What a breeze it was! :)

On the day that I arrived, it only took me 15 minutes to reach the Piazza Luna from the airport.

The first thing I noticed is that the building is beautifully made.

Inside, the feeling was homey. I felt at home at once.

The front desk officer, who happens to be the daughter of the owner, is warm and accommodating.

I was shown to my room with a complimentary bottle of water to boot.

Everything I had read and seen on the pictures, were true.

Their rooms are squeaky clean.

Amenities are excellent.

Hallways smelled like fresh flowers everyday.

Staffs were kind and helpful in anything you need.

The family was incredibly charming and wonderful.

They offer delicious complete meals at the most unbelievable affordable prize.

Their sumptuous and generous servings would surely melt your hunger away.

One time, I woke up starving, as I looked at my watch it was half past twelve.

I didn’t expect that they would be so nice to cater my needs even through an ungodly hour.

Laundry services were even offered with just a minimum fee.

They also offer tour packages at within your means. Amazingly great value if you travel by groups.

I truly relish the time I came to Davao City, stayed in Piazza Luna Dormitel and met the owners of the establishment!

To those of you who plans to have go here, IT WOULD TRULY BE WORTHY!

INEXPENSIVE yet SUPERB!

Piazza Luna Dormitel Davao, I would be definitely coming back! :)

My deepest gratitude to you guys!

Room Tip: Call or book online.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank maximus p
Irvine, California
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I am a businessman from Irvine California and I was recently looking for new materials or ideas for my next venture. I decided to go to the Philippines to explore my options. When I got there, I decided that Manila isn't the place to be. I decided to fly to Davao City, the Southern Belle of Mindanao. When I arrived, the first thing on my agenda was to look for a place that I could call home for a couple of days or weeks. I frequently searched this site: www.tripadvisor.com where I usually seek out the must-explore places. I didn't want to stay in a hotel. I wanted to stay in a homey place even a bed and breakfast will do. That's where I stumbled on Piazza Luna Dormitel Davao. As I read on their reviews, it made me want to give it a try too. I wanted to experience it on hand. So, I booked online. I was amazed how swift the response and confirmation were made. I arrived with so much expectations of the place and they didn't fail me. Owners and staff were very accommodating and friendly. They never made me feel as an outsider nor a guest but as if I was part of the family.

Hotel premises where pristine. The place is secured and never made me feel unsafe. Fast internet access. Good food. Great service. Affordable tour packages are offered. Conveniently located in the heart of the city.

If you go to Davao, this is the place to stay.

I'm definitely coming back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank apottermore
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Piazza Luna Dormitel is a family own/run business wherein you experience the hospitality trait of a typical Filipino family. Staffs are very accommodating and always there to attend your needs. Sophisticated ameneties, clean, affordable and safe place to stay. It is located in the Davao City proper therefore it is accessible for everything.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank KitzKat
davao city
Reviewed August 3, 2011

It is accessible to any point of the city center, clean and affordable.What i like most is the pinoy taste of hospitality of the staff and the owner.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends