“Pleasant”

Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Quezon City, Philippines
“Pleasant”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

It was a pleasant stay but i won't go back. I don't think that the price for the stay was worth it. We stayed in one of the suites. It was big and we had a veranda. Security wasnt very strict though.And the breakfast food wasn't enticing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The pros: Reasonable rate, safe location, pool, restaurant with good service.

The cons: Located a little out of the city center- you need a cab or trishaw for any trip to the malls etc., Front desk staff could be more attentive, breakfast was ok, but not great.

Overall a good experience-- my visit to Davao had been mainly to see the Philippine Eagle reserve outside of town, and I was able to do that. Although it is in a residential/commercial area there were mostly cyclle-tricycles near the entrance within a brief wait.

Room was comfortable-- There is wifi in the lobby, but not a busines center for those of us who don't have wireless devices-- In general the good outweighed the bad and I would go back if I return to Davao on another trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Greg48
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 19, 2012

When we arrived at this hotel at around 11:30am, we asked if our rooms were ready and if we could check in. We were politely informed to sit down at the lobby which we did and waited for what we assumed was the check in process. so we waited... and waited. When we finally went to check what the hold up was...we were told that since they were fully booked the night before, we werent allowed to check in until 3 in the afternoon. We asked the concierge why we werent informed and he replied with "i informed one of your party" but could not identify which one. Slight inconvenience for the check in surely but since it was Kadayawan, we decided to just spend the time elsewhere until we could check in.

At 3Pm, to give them credit, some of our party was able to check in to only ONE of the rooms because they required us to pay upon check in. Since half of our party was still out, we wouldve appreciated this information earlier. being dead tired as we were, we just took the room that was available so we could rest.

The room... was horrible. There was hair on our pillows and the bathroom... good god...it was like someone was SHEDDING in there. We called the concierge to request for them to clean up but was told that "cleaning isnt until the next morning". We had no choice but to leave but thankfully they cleaned the room up a bit when we got back. Bathroom still had hair everywhere.

I should also mention that when we ordered a frappucino from their coffee shop we found black bits and pieces in the drink. "blender rubber" we were told. looked like mold to me.

all in all, i wouldnt recommend this hotel to ANYONE... not even someone I hate.
NEVER
AGAIN.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank Puffs A
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was very impressed with the Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases in Davao. This is not my first trip to Davao. I have previously stayed at the Marco Polo and decided to try a different hotel for this stay. The rooms at the Ritz are spacious and well-appointed with a modern flair. The bathrooms are top notch including a rain shower with marble walls. All in all I would have to say the rooms at the Ritz to my surprise were nicer than the Marco Polo. The lobby area was designed very well with ample seating area and a strong Wi-Fi signal. They have a large pool and a good breakfast buffet. The thing I was most impressed with was the management and staff of the hotel. The front desk manager Abby and her staff were top notch and the Resident Manger Marilou De Ramos runs an exceptional hotel. All staff I interacted with were friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The grounds of the hotel were well kept. The value for this hotel more than met my expectations. For any future travel to Davao without question the Ritz will be my choice of hotels. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Davao.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael O
almere
Reviewed July 8, 2012

excellent hotel
in the middle of the city , but your are not noticing anything of the surrouding area rounds the hotel, a lot of green and in the middle a small swimmingpool.
only bad thing is that when you are outside of the hotel/resort there is nothing of shops, dining places, so you have always to take a taxi to one of the big malls ( three of them are only. 10 min away)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lenie
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Me and my family decided to try check in at this hotel. It used to be just "Garden Oases" which is known for conventions, weddings, swimming, and basketball of course. But when they transformed this to a hotel, we got curious. When I came back from Davao, I decided to bring my family here and give it a try. Yes it's the same old Garden Oases we used to know when we were young, but it gave us a different taste. The staff were accommodating. Lobby was exquisite and the rooms are spacious, clean, and breakfast was sumptuous! They improved their pool but they have to maintain the shower areas near it. I think this hotel has so much to offer in the future, an expansion maybe?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Franz M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

So modern and one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. I even had a view of the beautiful garden from my bedroom. We had a wonderfully relaxing stay at this hotel and room was very clean, worth every penny.

Room Tip: garden view, so relaxing