“Paradise on Samal Island”
other travelers have booked this property
Exclusively yours~ Beachfront  ~by the Sea, sleeps 15
Exclusively yours~ Beachfront  ~by the Sea, sleeps 15
Peaceful,,escape from the city
A perfect family Holiday Home
Daybed Lounge with Ocean view
Boodle Food, Time to indulge!
samal3
Coffee break with a view
Aircon Masters Bedroom with King size Bed
Aircon bedrooms
Buffet Lunch in the cabana
Kids friendly beach
Leah on a bike tour around the island
Sea ornaments
Beachfront view from Dining Room
Pier area
Entrance to la Concha
White sand beach
Hagimit falls,just a few kilotmeters away
very private, beach front view
ocean view from the Dining table
Pier Deck, Beer corner
Motorcyle Ride to  the beach is fun!
Kiddies fun!
View fronting the house
Sea ornaments
Roasted pig upon request
fruit market in the island
Market place
Catch of the day!
Lovely Orchids
Fisherman's Catch of the day perfect for Grilling
Honeymooners
Homemade Lanterns & shellcrafts
beaufiful cattleya around the house
Exotic Orchids around the house
Banana Que, anyone? Guest foto
Coconut Delight, Guest foto
Cabana by the water
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
hktwinmom
hong kong
“Paradise on Samal Island”
Reviewed October 26, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Lorna's sister, Elsa, took great care of us during our stay. She organized a trip to the local falls where our eight year old twins jumped off the rocky falls into the pools below. Great fun! The food was wonderful. We just gave the cook money and some idea of what we liked to eat and she made it happen. The kinalaw was out of this world...as good as the best ceviche I've ever had in Mexico. On my birthday, Elsa organized a roast pig...wonderful! Though if you are squeeminsh, I recommend you asking that they do the slaughter before they bring the pig to the house! A man from the neighboring village roasted the pig for us for a small fee and a couple shots of the local fire water,.

The children 3, 5. and 8 & 8 had loads of fun looking at the local sea life...hermit crabs, crabs, starfish, sea urchins, fish, jellies, sea squirts, sea snails, etc. We took walks at low tide to explore the neighboring area's sea life. We brought along an inflatable boat and a kite--both which were well used. They do have one big innertube and two little ones for the guests to use. They also brought us out for a ride on the banca which was a hit with the kids. The kids enjoyed the spagetti, pancit canton, and fresh grilled fish. Of course we ate mangos, bananas and pineapples like there was no tomorrow! The friend bananas the cook made were entirely too delicious for me to stop eating!

We stopped at the supermarket on the way to the house to stock up on some provisions like beer, cereal, soft drinks, napkins, shampoo, and soap. Elsa brought us to the market on Samal Island one day where we bought chicken, fish and more fruit and veg and visited her favorite local bakery. Amazing chiffon cake and the peanut butter tastes like candy.

There are no international ATMs on Samal Island, so stock up on your pesos before getting to the Island.

Other than the excursion to the falls (near The Pearl Farm), we didn't go on any outings. The road is quite bumpy for 1/2 hour from the house to the main paved road, so it's not such a comfortable ride. If anyone is prone to car sickness, bring Dramamine.

There is no WiFi but my husband was able to use his Blackberry to get emails, I assume on 3G. There is a TV with DVD player, but we never watched. My kids were either playing in the water or on their multiple i-devices. The grown-ups did lots of reading. I brought my yoga mat and did yoga in the living room. My husband ran the distance of a marathon around the island buying water at the little shops as he went by.

There were plenty of bugs and mosquitoes as you would expect. That's what Deet's for.

I'd recommend this to anyone who isn't over 6ft tall. The beds might be a bit short for such a tall person.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How relaxing and beautiful it was
Liked least: Las cucarachas!
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
German living in China
Reviewed February 21, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Feb 21, 2011
Thank you and we greatly appreciate your review and the detailed description of the place plus the highlights of the little secret place. Hope to have you and your family again in your next visit to Davao!
Las Vegas

Check in / front desk Service
Your age range 35-44
Management Response
Sep 10, 2010
You are welcome and looking forward to serve you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing