Davao Royal Suites and Residences
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Imperial Hotel(Davao City)
View Hotel
FM & A Suites(Davao City)
My Hotel(Davao City)
Alu Hotel(Davao City)
View Hotel
Bagobo House Hotel(Davao City)
View Hotel
Apo View Hotel(Davao City)
View Hotel
All reviewscity hallwalking distancehotel location ispublic transportationnight marketother hotelssmall roomcable tvdowntown areabankschurchcrhindulangkeyspesorates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013

stayed in this hotel for a little vacation. then i realized that what you get is equivalent to what you paid for. the cost of staying for 1 night is just Php 1,200.00. the location is easy to find but the parking is another story. its good to know that a store and a tapsihan is just beside the hotel lobby, which is also operated by the hotel. the staff at the reception are not friendly, not friendly at all! a waitress offer us a welcome drinks which is good, but my hubby noticed the poor condition of the glass, its as if it was not well rinsed.

we have few things with us when we arrived, so i was thinking some hotel staff will help us bring those stuff to our room but we ended bringing our stuff personally. our room was located at the 3rd floor. the room itself is very small. (we reserved through their website online.) im claustrophobic so its not good for me, thus we immediately demanded transfer to other more spacious room, thank god they transfer us to a corner room, which is bigger. had a good night sleep considering that our room location is at the corner. the housekeeping staff on duty that day are quite friendly and accommodating.

breakfast next day is quite a tapsihan food which was ordered at their tapsihan beside the hotel. if you are travelling on a budget you can consider this hotel however if you have more extra money to spend there are other hotels in davao to choose for.

Room Tip: choose to book a bigger room, since most if not all their room is very small; dont book rooms near their garden, the birds are quite noisy;
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2013

There are better hotels in Davao that costs the same as this one. I was able to check in but decided to move to another one in just an hour. Poor quality hotel. I was told this is a very old hotel that went through some make-over but you will feel that the make-over wasn't really done well. No elevators so if you get booked in the 4th floor, it can be annoying. Consider other hotels in Davao.

One good thing about this hotel is central location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We checked-in in this hotel for 3 nights. Their deluxe room is small. On our first night, I asked the front desk staff to change my room because our window lock is broken. I was informed that there were no rooms available but I DEMAND to have our room changed for security purposes. Besides, I went to Davao for a vacation, a WORRY-FREE vacation. I called the front desk maybe 5-7 times to follow up since it's already 11 in the evening. After a while, we were transferred to a higher floor. The room given to us is a bit bigger BUT upon entering the room, there was a cockroach! Thank God we were able to kill it! The second night, there 2 FLYING cockroaches! We asked the housekeeping to ahve it killed but they cannot find it so they just used an insect repellent spray.

As for the location, this hotel has an excellent location. Public transportation as well as taxis can be easily found around the area. If you want to go to malls, it's just a ride away.

TAPSIBOY, the mini-carinderia beside the hotel is very cheap and the food are very delicious.

Breakfast in this hotel is not that good. Servings were too small.

Overall, it was an average experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked via there website. They respond promptly. I was in their hotel at around 12:30nn and they told me that the standard check in time is at 2pm ok no prob with me so i stayed in their lobby which is condusive and well mantained even i am so sleepy. come exactly 2pm i am still waiting for them to call me. 2:10pm they gave me a welcome drink and 2:15pm i approached the front desk if my room is ready and they said that they are still preparing it. I understand that your check in time is at 2pm but isnt it disrespectful for me that you have a lot of time to prepare the room and yet they delivered their service late. 2:20 i am in my room atlast. Oh Ms. Cherilyn gave us briefing about our stay and as i observed her she loves intimidating the customers. like yeah i am the officer here. We are 2 guests checking in and in front of us the customers, she announced "Mam lapit na kayo para isang briefing na lang at hindi sayang pagod ko" well i took it as a joke but still this is a no no! I askd her until what time is the serving of breakfast and i am not deaf because she said there is no deadline and the other guest asked her if she can take it out because they are living early and she said no it is not allowed alright everything is noted for. 2:20 im in my room. In all fairness to the hotel, room and cr is clean, bed is comfortable, wifi and cable is good they are a green hotel and they have an atrium where in you can smoke. I feel secured with my things. Then come in the morning i went down at 9:45pm and they said in my shock that breakfast is up until 9:30am only and they cant make any considerations because the kitchen is closed even if there are lots of customers in their resto? really? and their are lots of guests who requested their food to be wrapped (oh i thought you said Ms. Cherilyn that taking out of food is not allowed) hey she didnt bother as well to apologize for the inconvinience it caused us. A simple 15 mins of being late for breakfast they didnt even bother to try to make a way to deliver a good customer service. Sayang kasi i would love to reccomend this hotel to you people but because of their poor customer service NO I WON'T. For the management i will suggest to send Ms. Cherilyn to a seminar regarding Handling Excellent Quality Service and did i say that she tries to intimidate guests like me? but oh she cant power tripper

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Yuna Y
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Pros:
1. Location - easy accessibility to places in downtown.
2. Prices affordable
3. Free breakfast

Cons:
1. Ended going into three rooms for 1st room with faulty bathroom ceiling, 2nd room with pubic hair on bed sheets, 3rd room was with wet marks in the middle of the bed (use your imagination folks-yikes!). Was toooooo tired to transfer anywhere else so just had the staff replace linens...bad decision on my part especially in the morning when I realized that there were used condoms on the head part of the bed.
2. Staff did not even try to correct or amend the situation!!!

Final evaluation: enter at your own risk!!!

Room Tip: I stayed for a whole week at various hotels in Davao. I found Bagobo house and My Hotel as good choices for value conscious travelers. Disclosure: I have no affiliations with any of the above named businesses.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mike G