“Average Hotel”

Ranked #45 of 124 Davao City B&B and Inns
Manila, Philippines
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We checked-in in this hotel for 3 nights. Their deluxe room is small. On our first night, I asked the front desk staff to change my room because our window lock is broken. I was informed that there were no rooms available but I DEMAND to have our room changed for security purposes. Besides, I went to Davao for a vacation, a WORRY-FREE vacation. I called the front desk maybe 5-7 times to follow up since it's already 11 in the evening. After a while, we were transferred to a higher floor. The room given to us is a bit bigger BUT upon entering the room, there was a cockroach! Thank God we were able to kill it! The second night, there 2 FLYING cockroaches! We asked the housekeeping to ahve it killed but they cannot find it so they just used an insect repellent spray.

As for the location, this hotel has an excellent location. Public transportation as well as taxis can be easily found around the area. If you want to go to malls, it's just a ride away.

TAPSIBOY, the mini-carinderia beside the hotel is very cheap and the food are very delicious.

Breakfast in this hotel is not that good. Servings were too small.

Overall, it was an average experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manila, Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked via there website. They respond promptly. I was in their hotel at around 12:30nn and they told me that the standard check in time is at 2pm ok no prob with me so i stayed in their lobby which is condusive and well mantained even i am so sleepy. come exactly 2pm i am still waiting for them to call me. 2:10pm they gave me a welcome drink and 2:15pm i approached the front desk if my room is ready and they said that they are still preparing it. I understand that your check in time is at 2pm but isnt it disrespectful for me that you have a lot of time to prepare the room and yet they delivered their service late. 2:20 i am in my room atlast. Oh Ms. Cherilyn gave us briefing about our stay and as i observed her she loves intimidating the customers. like yeah i am the officer here. We are 2 guests checking in and in front of us the customers, she announced "Mam lapit na kayo para isang briefing na lang at hindi sayang pagod ko" well i took it as a joke but still this is a no no! I askd her until what time is the serving of breakfast and i am not deaf because she said there is no deadline and the other guest asked her if she can take it out because they are living early and she said no it is not allowed alright everything is noted for. 2:20 im in my room. In all fairness to the hotel, room and cr is clean, bed is comfortable, wifi and cable is good they are a green hotel and they have an atrium where in you can smoke. I feel secured with my things. Then come in the morning i went down at 9:45pm and they said in my shock that breakfast is up until 9:30am only and they cant make any considerations because the kitchen is closed even if there are lots of customers in their resto? really? and their are lots of guests who requested their food to be wrapped (oh i thought you said Ms. Cherilyn that taking out of food is not allowed) hey she didnt bother as well to apologize for the inconvinience it caused us. A simple 15 mins of being late for breakfast they didnt even bother to try to make a way to deliver a good customer service. Sayang kasi i would love to reccomend this hotel to you people but because of their poor customer service NO I WON'T. For the management i will suggest to send Ms. Cherilyn to a seminar regarding Handling Excellent Quality Service and did i say that she tries to intimidate guests like me? but oh she cant power tripper

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Yuna Y

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

West Haven, CT, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Pros:
1. Location - easy accessibility to places in downtown.
2. Prices affordable
3. Free breakfast

Cons:
1. Ended going into three rooms for 1st room with faulty bathroom ceiling, 2nd room with pubic hair on bed sheets, 3rd room was with wet marks in the middle of the bed (use your imagination folks-yikes!). Was toooooo tired to transfer anywhere else so just had the staff replace linens...bad decision on my part especially in the morning when I realized that there were used condoms on the head part of the bed.
2. Staff did not even try to correct or amend the situation!!!

Final evaluation: enter at your own risk!!!

Room Tip: I stayed for a whole week at various hotels in Davao. I found Bagobo house and My Hotel as good choi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Mike G
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

It was out first stay at this place and it was not bad. We got a spacious room for 5 Pax. Big enough T&B.. Beds and pillows gave us a seemingly comfortable night except the noise from the jeepneys and trucks from the main round just right outside our room windows.
Location was great since its near the church and close to my favorite place in Davao the Glamour Crabs Buffet.
It's also easy to get taxi and jeepneys around this area. Great location and will love to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Billeah10
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my friends stayed here last March 9th. I called them up and got a discounted rate for a deluxe room for three people. The rate is supposed to be P2100 and it was given to us for only P1575. Good deal.

The deluxe room has three single beds. The room has basic toilettries such as soap and tissues although I noticed there is no shampoo. It would be better if they can also provide complimentary shampoo.

The room looks cozy and has good ventilation. The beds and sheets are spotlessly clean. There is hot and cold shower in their spacious cr. There is also a phone inside the room. However, it would have been better if they also have a small refrigerator inside the room.

The bonus part is they have WIFI inside the room and it's fast! Really fast.

They also serve complimentary breakfast which is good. If you're used to having heavy breakfast though, you might find the serving to be small. The serving was enough for us somehow so we don't mind.

The hotel's location is very convenient. Downstairs, there is a 24 hrs convenience store as well as a 24 hour eatery. It is also very near the cathedral and walking distance to Aldevinco where you can buy souvenirs.

What's great about this hotel is that the staff are friendly and nice and has good customer service orientation. Even when we went out to look for a taxi, the guard attended to us and he amde sure that the driver understands where we're going. It was very well appreciated.

Upon checking out, I received a txt msg from the hotel the following day stating their appreciation for staying in their place hoping that we enjoyed our stay not only in their place but in Davao City as well. Small gestures but it means a lot.

Overall, we had a satisfying experience staying in this hotel. It was superb. I will recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joy Lynn B
Paranaque, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very affordable and clean rooms with own flat TV, telephone, air conditioned room and own comfort room which is very clean. Very near in restaurants and public transportation and to some other tourists spots like MUSEO DABAWENYO, FRUIT MARKET, DAVAO PARK and CATHEDRAL.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robelle d
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Before booking this hotel for our reunion with my friends, we had a kind and helpful reservation officer to help us with the booking and provide us with options. The front dest officer was even helpful in providing us with the best way to maximize our Davao itineraries on which way was best to go. The waiters in their restaurant was even cheerful when we crack jokes to them. The room we had was a triple room which was enough for us. We can't complain much on our room which was clean and well arranged. The hotel was situated in downtown Davao, near City hall, San Pedro Cathedral, walking distance from Aldevinco which you can have your one stop shop for pasalubongs. The hotel also has a convenient store and a tapsilogan beside it, so if you need any toiletries or instant food, your have it in a jiffy. Overall we ca't complain anything during our stay they even let our bags be stored with no additional cost while we are in Samal Island.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the small garden in the so you won't hear any bird chirping.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends