“excellent”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Makati, Philippines
“excellent”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed for only 2 nights. Its best hotel for business trips and having quiete nights in a garden. Good food and enjoyed our durian at the garden. Very accessible and friendly staff. Very clean.. We highly recommend and definitely will stay at Hotel Tropika again!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JAYDEE2106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The hotel's good points : First, it is very clean. Second, the staff are nice. Areas that need improvement : food quality in their coffee shop and a very limited menu. Choose a room far from the storage, I was sleeping in the middle of the night and I hear doors closing and opening, stuff being moved around. I was right beside the storage room! I was sleepless the whole night and very tired the following day. I also dislike the hallway leading to the room, feels creepy at night. Didn't look inviting at all. No pool, no fitness center....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bossrose
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed in Tropica for 10 days . We enjoyed our stay . Th staff were very helpful and organized. The food is excellent . Tropica is very clean and we received excellent service throughout the time we are staying in Tropica I highly recommend this hotel to others.

Excellent job!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dennis F
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've been visiting Davao for work since 2005, and have stayed in most of the City's posh (not to mention expensive) hotels. On a recent trip, colleagues encouraged me to give Hotel Tropika a try and was not disappointed.

This pocket-friendly hotel is your "home away from home." The rooms are very spacious, the staff are very accommodating and would always go the extra mile. They even accommodate early check-ins at no additional fee! Woot, woot! :) The hotel is also only about a 5min cab ride to Abreeza Mall, and only a few steps away from two (2) spas.

Many thanks Hotel Tropika for taking such good care of me on all of my visits! Till my next :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank gamurallon
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I think the last review was very harsh (ThomasS389 - 10/07/12). Yes, there is a problem with the Internet router, but there is a computer with Internet access in the lobby. Personally i review how the staff have been, cleanliness of the room, the food, staff going that extra mile. And in my humble opinion the staff have done that.

I lost my mobile phone in a taxi I caught at the hotel. It was expensive and I never thought I would see it again. The staff made numerous calls to track down my phone, and they got it back for me. Amazing! Now I call that going the extra mile. I was very grateful. I have no complaints against the staff.

I Have only seen the odd ant across the place (it is a hot country after all), and I have seen the odd ant in 5 star hotels as well. As for the bees I have seen them but only late at night. I have never seen bees in my hotel room. Not sure what the staff can do about them, as they could from the grounds. However, to say it is like a beehive is grossly misleading. I have walked past them and they have left me alone. They seem to be 'dozing'.

Personally, (because my fiance is from Davao), I will be coming to this hotel again in the future. I booked the hotel because of the reviews from trip Advisor and I have not been disappointed. Hotel Tropia staff thank you. Will see you when I visit Dvao again.

Cheers!

Leroy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LJJ1969
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Leroy,

Thank you for your kind review and for highlighting staff efforts towards rendering good service to all our guests. We did have an internet router problem for a few days, but this has since been resolved and wifi service at that particular area of the hotel is now back to normal.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Davao City.
Davao, Philippines
Reviewed July 11, 2012

with HOTEL TROPIKA, grandiose does not mean spending so much!

We have received a service more than what we have expected, thanks to MARGA and her TEAM! SALUTE from us! YOU made our night so SPLENDID. everyone loves the arrangement you have done for us.

To HOTEL TROPIKA, you should have more MARGA's, BOBONG's, DREW's for your team. they are so fantanstic with their duties.

from the bottom of our hearts, all praises to you guys!!!

for the restaurant team, may you have the same spirit with the TROPIKA TEAM. Please improve your service, great thing you have excellent food.

Room Tip: you ask for Ms. Marga, if you want ease with your needs!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Edxel
Dear Edxel,

Thank you for trusting us to handle a most important function, and for commending our staff for their efforts. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the arrangements, found good value for money and enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We apologize for the glitch in restaurant service and have relayed your comments to the management of Cafe Aseya.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Tropika.
Quezon City
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have booked room accommodation in this hotel last June 14-16 for our auditors and I am so happy with the services of their front desk especially to Jane & Lara. I highly commend them, they are so patient with my instructions even @ 3am, thumbs to you girls!!!

I haven't tried to stay in this hotel, but definitely, I will stay here with my kids for a leisure.

Room Tip: Avail the free one way airport transfer....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Liabella
Dear Liabella,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and commending Jane & Lara of front office. We always aim to ensure a comfortable and restful stay for our guests, as well as a pleasant experience for everyone who comes or calls at Hotel Tropika.

We hope that one day we will have a chance to serve you personally when you visit Davao City.