“Home away from home.”

Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Makati, Philippines
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've been visiting Davao for work since 2005, and have stayed in most of the City's posh (not to mention expensive) hotels. On a recent trip, colleagues encouraged me to give Hotel Tropika a try and was not disappointed.

This pocket-friendly hotel is your "home away from home." The rooms are very spacious, the staff are very accommodating and would always go the extra mile. They even accommodate early check-ins at no additional fee! Woot, woot! :) The hotel is also only about a 5min cab ride to Abreeza Mall, and only a few steps away from two (2) spas.

Many thanks Hotel Tropika for taking such good care of me on all of my visits! Till my next :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank gamurallon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boracay, Philippines
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I think the last review was very harsh (ThomasS389 - 10/07/12). Yes, there is a problem with the Internet router, but there is a computer with Internet access in the lobby. Personally i review how the staff have been, cleanliness of the room, the food, staff going that extra mile. And in my humble opinion the staff have done that.

I lost my mobile phone in a taxi I caught at the hotel. It was expensive and I never thought I would see it again. The staff made numerous calls to track down my phone, and they got it back for me. Amazing! Now I call that going the extra mile. I was very grateful. I have no complaints against the staff.

I Have only seen the odd ant across the place (it is a hot country after all), and I have seen the odd ant in 5 star hotels as well. As for the bees I have seen them but only late at night. I have never seen bees in my hotel room. Not sure what the staff can do about them, as they could from the grounds. However, to say it is like a beehive is grossly misleading. I have walked past them and they have left me alone. They seem to be 'dozing'.

Personally, (because my fiance is from Davao), I will be coming to this hotel again in the future. I booked the hotel because of the reviews from trip Advisor and I have not been disappointed. Hotel Tropia staff thank you. Will see you when I visit Dvao again.

Cheers!

Leroy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LJJ1969
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Leroy,

Thank you for your kind review and for highlighting staff efforts towards rendering good service to all our guests. We did have an internet router problem for a few days, but this has since been resolved and wifi service at that particular area of the hotel is now back to normal.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Davao City.
Davao, Philippines
Reviewed July 11, 2012

with HOTEL TROPIKA, grandiose does not mean spending so much!

We have received a service more than what we have expected, thanks to MARGA and her TEAM! SALUTE from us! YOU made our night so SPLENDID. everyone loves the arrangement you have done for us.

To HOTEL TROPIKA, you should have more MARGA's, BOBONG's, DREW's for your team. they are so fantanstic with their duties.

from the bottom of our hearts, all praises to you guys!!!

for the restaurant team, may you have the same spirit with the TROPIKA TEAM. Please improve your service, great thing you have excellent food.

Room Tip: you ask for Ms. Marga, if you want ease with your needs!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Edxel
Dear Edxel,

Thank you for trusting us to handle a most important function, and for commending our staff for their efforts. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with the arrangements, found good value for money and enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We apologize for the glitch in restaurant service and have relayed your comments to the management of Cafe Aseya.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Tropika.
Quezon City
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have booked room accommodation in this hotel last June 14-16 for our auditors and I am so happy with the services of their front desk especially to Jane & Lara. I highly commend them, they are so patient with my instructions even @ 3am, thumbs to you girls!!!

I haven't tried to stay in this hotel, but definitely, I will stay here with my kids for a leisure.

Room Tip: Avail the free one way airport transfer....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Liabella
Dear Liabella,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and commending Jane & Lara of front office. We always aim to ensure a comfortable and restful stay for our guests, as well as a pleasant experience for everyone who comes or calls at Hotel Tropika.

We hope that one day we will have a chance to serve you personally when you visit Davao City.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed July 2, 2012

One would be hard-pressed to find a hotel with the welcoming vibe of a home, a huge garden with an installation of ceramic jars that doubles as a fountain and the amenities of a well-managed hotel. And to have this hotel tucked away neatly amidst tall trees away from the noise, smog and busy-ness of the city is a real treat. And then when you are ready to go back to busy streets and everything that constitutes a city vibrant with life, the hotel is just a a hop and a skip away from JP Laurel Avenue. The staff are welcoming and so accommodating. Eating at the restaurant is a gastronomical delight. I intentionally made sure that all my meals were taken at the restaurant so I could try each and every dish. Every dish I tasted, I was absolutely pleased with. This hotel is a must-see, must-go, must-experience. Reserve ahead of time, you must. The hotel is always fully booked because word has gone around. But go and experience, you must!

Room Tip: Reserve early so you can choose rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Raye B
Dear Raye B,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Tropika and thank you for your kind recommendation to other readers. We will also relay your compliments to Chef Justin of Cafe Aseya, who will surely be delighted to hear that you took pleasure in his food creations.

We look forward to welcoming your again on your next trip to Davao City.
Calamba, Philippines
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed at Tropika for 4 days. Had a great time there. Enjoyed the peace & quiet that the hotel afforded being a few meters away from the main road which most hotels in Davao does not enjoy. Rooms are spacious, sound proofed & cleaned daily.Front desk staff are courteous, helpful & friendly, same could be said for other hotel employees. Breakfast is included in all room rates.Great WiFi connection. Amenities like a gym or a pool could make it even better. Surely i'll be stay there again whenever im in Davao & will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dexter_jardeleza
, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear dexter_jardeleza,

We're glad that you enjoyed the quiet surroundings of the hotel, as well as the comfort and amenities of your room. We opted out of a swimming pool because of the hotel's proximity to Davao's beautiful beaches. We instead offer guests free shuttle service to selected Samal Island resort jetties.

Thank you for appreciating the efforts of our staff. They are there to ensure your pleasant stay. Thank you too for recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to serving you again at Hotel Tropika.
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

This has definitely been the best hotel I have stayed at in Davao, maybe even in Mindanao! The service was excellent, they were really patient with my numerous specifications with food as I was on the Cohen diet. On top of it all I loved the King sized bed! I slept great at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank manilagirl83
, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear manilagirl83,

We are delighted by your kind remarks about Hotel Tropika, and will relay your compliments to the chef and staff of Cafe Aseya. Looking forward to serving you again on your next visit to Davao City.