“Warm, Friendly and Smiling People! Great Front Desk Team!”

Hotel Tropika Davao
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Iloilo City, Philippines 5000
“Warm, Friendly and Smiling People! Great Front Desk Team!”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Nice, cool & quite place to stay for business and vacation. Impressive room! Congrats Hotel Tropika! - Henry T. Go, Iloilo City

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, December 23, 2011
Dear Henry G.,

Thank you for your review and compliments. We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Tropika.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Perfect place to stay to do business. Food are very good which is very surprising.

1 Thank rpacute
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Dear rpacute,

Thank you for your positive remarks about our hotel and the food that we serve.

We will continue to work at improving our service and facilities so that you will find a better Hotel Tropika upon your return.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 21, 2011

If you are looking for a cool place to stay when you get to Davao, I would definitely recommend Tropika Hotel.

My job requires me to go to Davao every now and then and Tropika has ever since become my choice of hotel. It provides excellent service in all aspects. The rooms are very spacious along with the bathrooms. Cleanliness is always maintained. Food is beyond awesome. The location is accessible to key places in the City. Best of all, the staff members are very friendly and courteous. These are the reasons that make me stay in Tropika over and over again.

Overall, when you get to Davao, you should stay at Tropika. For me, it's more than a hotel. It is my true home ni Davao.

2 Thank MachuSales
Dear MachuS.,

Thank you for your kind recommendation, and for returning to Hotel Tropika over and over again :-)

If there is anything else we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable do let us know.

We look forward to serving you again in your next visit to Davao.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 20, 2011

To start of me and my buddy are quite skeptical booking in the hotel. But we were surprise on how well worth every penny we paid for Tropika Hotel. Let's be realistic it's not that cheap but I can say that it is not that pricey compared to known hotels in Davao. The staff are really pleasant and easy to approach, I can definitely say that they treat every guest equally. From the bellboy, front desk, guards, and even the restaurant employees are very polite and attentive to the needs of all guest whether you are local or foreigner. Let me start by commending the overall appearance and ambiance of the room we had. Its was spacious and really beautiful. The interiors are well thought off and the effort of the hotel in reducing their waste by reusing and recycling. I could say that the room interior can boast of its design and can definitely topple other high class hotels here in Manila. Kudos to the designer. About the employees, as I have previously stated. They are very polite and always attentive and has a pleasing aura (unlike other staff that as if they were only painted smiles on their faces but you can tell that its fake). The minute I arrived and was picked up by the hotel (free airport pickup) I can definitely attest that I am in good hands and that I am going to a place where I will have the relaxation I needed. Let me just stress out that the hotel staff as well where kind enough to provide us information that will help us enjoy our stay in Davao. To sum up my review, the FOOD. Food is Good! Their hotel's specialty (Hamonized Crispy Pata) was awesome. I wouldn't recommend it to people with high blood though (hehe) we were stuffed!!!. Breakfast was ok as it comes with the room package and I should say that it tasted good as well... Price is not cheap nor pricey but if you are looking for a place that will be worth every penny then I would definitely recommend this hotel! Will I stay again in this hotel or recommend this to my friends??? HELL YEAH!

Eugene G.

Room Tip: Even if I haven't seen all the rooms, I bet they are all good!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Eugene101
Dear Eugene G.,

Thank you so much for your encouraging remarks about our hotel and for recommending us to your friends. We look forward to serving up a better Hotel Tropika upon your return.

Cheers!
Manila
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is the second time I stayed in Hotel Tropika for work and each time I stay, I regret that I ever used other hotels in Davao in the past. It's a simple hotel, but the rooms where I stayed in are very clean and comfortable. Also, big, clean bathrooms. Internet service was also very good, which made working from the hotel very convenient. Crisp towels and fine linen could make one forget that it's not a 5-star hotel. Very courteous and attentive reception staff, especially Mr. John. All the security personnel were also very polite and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to colleagues and business associates.

Room Tip: Since there are no elevators, the second floor rooms are probably the best option.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear Lluch330,

Mr. John and the rest of us are very happy and grateful for your review and recommendation. We will continue to work at improving our service and facilities to ensure a relaxing and enjoyable stay for our guests. We hope to serve you again soon at Hotel Tropika.
London
Reviewed November 7, 2011

just got back from davao, decided to try Tropika. The name is unusual for the type of hotel BUT, I can say I really enjoyed staying there. In My job, rest is very important and I usually try to stay away from the large hotels. im glad that I tried this one out.

I found the staff to be most welcoming, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The food was not as good as the other hotel I stayed at in Davao, but the service made up for it.

it is well located, although its on a main road, its set back, so you really dont hear any noise. its truly a quiet place, exactly what I needed. THANK YOU ALL!!!!,, especially to the staff who took time to enjoy genuine conversation.

I didnt do any touristy things this time, I did that last month when I Was in Davao.

i can say, if the ritz davao is full,, where I stayed last month, this would be your next best choice. its a new hotel, maybe thats why everything seemed to clean and comfortable.

See you all on my next visit to davao.

Capt. J.

Room Tip: my usual advice, is ask to see a couple of rooms, thats what I did, they are very accommodating.
Dear Capt. J,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to serving you again at Hotel Tropika.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Spent 4 days on solo vacation at the hotel and found it to be quiet and good for de-stressing. Hotel rates very reasonable. I availed of the airport transfer. The staff (Front Office, Housekeeping and F&B) were very accommodating and warm. They helped me plan my sightseeing trips and made sure the cab I took was safe. King room was very comfortable and I had a good sleep each night. Hotel's location very accessible to the shopping areas Hotel is aiming to be eco-friendly by providing amenities packed in paper wrappers (except the soap), shampoo is in a refillable bottle, room provided with water pitcher (water dispenser available at the hallway). Free wifi in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank B_112
Dear B_112,

We are happy to hear of your pleasant experience at our hotel, and gratified by your appreciation of our environmental initiatives. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Tropika.