“Tranquil ambiance in the hustle and bustle of the metro”

Hotel Tropika Davao
Ranked #4 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed November 20, 2011

To start of me and my buddy are quite skeptical booking in the hotel. But we were surprise on how well worth every penny we paid for Tropika Hotel. Let's be realistic it's not that cheap but I can say that it is not that pricey compared to known hotels in Davao. The staff are really pleasant and easy to approach, I can definitely say that they treat every guest equally. From the bellboy, front desk, guards, and even the restaurant employees are very polite and attentive to the needs of all guest whether you are local or foreigner. Let me start by commending the overall appearance and ambiance of the room we had. Its was spacious and really beautiful. The interiors are well thought off and the effort of the hotel in reducing their waste by reusing and recycling. I could say that the room interior can boast of its design and can definitely topple other high class hotels here in Manila. Kudos to the designer. About the employees, as I have previously stated. They are very polite and always attentive and has a pleasing aura (unlike other staff that as if they were only painted smiles on their faces but you can tell that its fake). The minute I arrived and was picked up by the hotel (free airport pickup) I can definitely attest that I am in good hands and that I am going to a place where I will have the relaxation I needed. Let me just stress out that the hotel staff as well where kind enough to provide us information that will help us enjoy our stay in Davao. To sum up my review, the FOOD. Food is Good! Their hotel's specialty (Hamonized Crispy Pata) was awesome. I wouldn't recommend it to people with high blood though (hehe) we were stuffed!!!. Breakfast was ok as it comes with the room package and I should say that it tasted good as well... Price is not cheap nor pricey but if you are looking for a place that will be worth every penny then I would definitely recommend this hotel! Will I stay again in this hotel or recommend this to my friends??? HELL YEAH!

Eugene G.

Room Tip: Even if I haven't seen all the rooms, I bet they are all good!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Eugene101
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

Dear Eugene G.,

Thank you so much for your encouraging remarks about our hotel and for recommending us to your friends. We look forward to serving up a better Hotel Tropika upon your return.

Cheers!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is the second time I stayed in Hotel Tropika for work and each time I stay, I regret that I ever used other hotels in Davao in the past. It's a simple hotel, but the rooms where I stayed in are very clean and comfortable. Also, big, clean bathrooms. Internet service was also very good, which made working from the hotel very convenient. Crisp towels and fine linen could make one forget that it's not a 5-star hotel. Very courteous and attentive reception staff, especially Mr. John. All the security personnel were also very polite and helpful. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to colleagues and business associates.

Room Tip: Since there are no elevators, the second floor rooms are probably the best option.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Dear Lluch330,

Mr. John and the rest of us are very happy and grateful for your review and recommendation. We will continue to work at improving our service and facilities to ensure a relaxing and enjoyable stay for our guests. We hope to serve you again soon at Hotel Tropika.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

just got back from davao, decided to try Tropika. The name is unusual for the type of hotel BUT, I can say I really enjoyed staying there. In My job, rest is very important and I usually try to stay away from the large hotels. im glad that I tried this one out.

I found the staff to be most welcoming, nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The food was not as good as the other hotel I stayed at in Davao, but the service made up for it.

it is well located, although its on a main road, its set back, so you really dont hear any noise. its truly a quiet place, exactly what I needed. THANK YOU ALL!!!!,, especially to the staff who took time to enjoy genuine conversation.

I didnt do any touristy things this time, I did that last month when I Was in Davao.

i can say, if the ritz davao is full,, where I stayed last month, this would be your next best choice. its a new hotel, maybe thats why everything seemed to clean and comfortable.

See you all on my next visit to davao.

Capt. J.

Room Tip: my usual advice, is ask to see a couple of rooms, thats what I did, they are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Capt. J,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. We look forward to serving you again at Hotel Tropika.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Spent 4 days on solo vacation at the hotel and found it to be quiet and good for de-stressing. Hotel rates very reasonable. I availed of the airport transfer. The staff (Front Office, Housekeeping and F&B) were very accommodating and warm. They helped me plan my sightseeing trips and made sure the cab I took was safe. King room was very comfortable and I had a good sleep each night. Hotel's location very accessible to the shopping areas Hotel is aiming to be eco-friendly by providing amenities packed in paper wrappers (except the soap), shampoo is in a refillable bottle, room provided with water pitcher (water dispenser available at the hallway). Free wifi in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank B_112

Dear B_112,

We are happy to hear of your pleasant experience at our hotel, and gratified by your appreciation of our environmental initiatives. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Tropika.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Hotel Tropika is clean,with its white bedroom. It evokes a positive aura,the ambience is very serene.

Room Tip: The hotel breakfast is limited but the fruits are not,so indulge in pomelo..its so yummy!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Cris P

Dear Cris P,

We appreciate your kind remarks as well as the Room Tip you offered. Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel Tropika and we look forward to serving you again in future.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Room is big, quiet, staff are nice. Except for the breakfast food they serve, they tend to repeat it. Hotel is recommended for those who want a nice place to stay yet not too pricey. Hotel is still new, and staff are willing to help with utmost care. Overall, I had a nice experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ann001_11

Dear Ann001_11,

Thank you taking the time to review Hotel Tropika. We appreciate your comments and will strive to improve our service offering, breakfast food included. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed for 8 days for a business trip and found Tropika to be a relaxing retreat in Davao City. Rooms are well-thought of, the bed is huge and very comfortable. I really appreciated the extra pillows. Housekeeping was very thorough. They provided free airport transfers and shuttles to the jetties of several Samal resorts. They have great outdoor areas as well for al fresco dining, parties and a courtyard out back where some members of my group did their morning yoga.

The in-house restaurant, Aseya had a great selection of Asian cuisine and was very considerate with the special requests of my group that included a couple of vegetarians. They even changed the format of their breakfast to accommodate our needs. I would highly recommend the shrimp tom yum soup!

Room Tip: Choose second and third floor rooms for more privacy. I could open my curtains as I was on a ground...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ChefWaya
Max1223, President at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Dear ChefWaya,

The staff and I are grateful for your encouraging remarks. We are always happy to go the extra mile to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.