“My home away from home”

Hotel Tropika Davao
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I can't resist but to appreciate more and more Hotel Tropika in Davao City. Its the third time that we stayed there and it becomes a home away from home. Another thing that I liked is that it has a strong wi-fi which for my work is very important which I could be virtually at the office in Manila and at the same time send all my communications in a synch. I love their rooms, it's really relaxing and comfy after a long day of fieldwork. Their food at the resto is a must try for those who seeks great food at an affordable price.

I come in feeling secured and I come out feeling great. I will always go back to Hotel Tropika!

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy and comfy.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank lightsaber888

Reviewed June 16, 2011

It was my first time in Davao and I only spent 1 night here for a business trip. We arrived and the service was so quick and relaxed. After a long hauled flight and long transit transfers in Singapore, all I wanted to do was to get to my Hotel Room and crash. I had no major expectations of my hotel in Davao. Didnt think itd be as pleasant as my 5 Star hotel in Singapore, so basically just wanted a roof over my head and nice bed to get some rest.

To my shock - I opened my hotel room and was surprised at how spacious & modernised my room was. Massive bed, massive room - I didnt feel so clustered at all and instantly, I didnt feel tired haha. But I loved it, when I saw the staff, they were so friendly by greeting me and making me feel so at home. I loved it. Room was bigger and better than my 5star hotel.

One of the best things was the service. I finished work and came back to the hotel feeling so tired and worn down, it was 10.30pm and I couldnt get to sleep with the pain in my body, so I asked about a massage & they said not a problem, if Im too tired to go to the front shop, then they can have them come to my room. Low and behold the girl was there and my massage was meant to be 1hr but it went for 1hr 20mins - it was mint. I went to sleep like a baby & woke up feeling refreshed.

The breakfast was yummy and I really wished i was able to stay longer - did I meantion you have FREE WI-FI???? What a bonus!!

Anyways, Im that pleased with the place that Im booked to come stay there again in 2 weeks time, this time around ... I'll be staying there for 2 WEEKS :) Im really looking forward to going back :)

thanks and keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Travelling_Samoan
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Finally - a hotel in Davao which is reasonably priced with good amenities, great service and spacious new rooms. Reception was warm, friendly and very professional. Free wi-fi and car parking are a bonus. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kiwitraveller06_2011
Max1223, President at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear Kiwitraveller,
Thank you for your kind recommendation and encouraging remarks about our hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I love the asian zen resort ambience of Hotel Tropika ; the large wooden windows allow good ventilation and lighting; the vibrant paintings which bring interest to the local coconut further pique the tropical feel . Room accomodation and overall service are excellent. The restaurant has good menu selection and delicious food. With my very satisfactory experience, I highly recommend this hotel to business as well as leisure travellers.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank MarmaraManila

Dear Marmara,
Thank you for your kind appreciation of our hotel and for recommending us to other travelers. We look forward to welcoming you again in future.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I stayed here twice already. Both for business. It really has the resort feel (fresh). Although it's far from the center, I would always choose to stay here. The rooms are clean and cozy. The staff is friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank AbbyOchoa

Dear Abby,
Thank you for your kind words on Hotel Tropika. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

We stayed in the Hotel for 3 nights! The bed is big and comfortable. Our 7 month old baby was provided with a baby crib. The staff were all very polite and friendly.

However, their internet connection cannot be accessed in our room. We had to go the lobby to get one.

Also, the towels were not as soft as I want them to be and kind of old already. Housekeeping is also not so thorough in cleaning. The used glasses were not cleaned and the floor mat was not replenished automatically and I still had to request for it . Housekeeping definitely needs improvement.

Overall, the experience was good.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rollercat

Dear Rollercat,
Thank you very much for your review, which alerted us to housekeeping issues. These have since been addressed, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in future.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

A frequent Davao traveler suggested we stay in this hotel. The hotel can pick you up at the airport but to bring you back there will cost you. It is a three story (no elevator) building a hundred meters from the road. which makes it quiet and peaceful. It is a new hotel and I noticed that the garden is not yet completed and there are constructions going on. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The rooms are not spectacular but tasteful, spacious and very clean with a small flat screen TV and 5 star super comfy beds. They have a strict no smoking rule in Davao so the rooms really smell good. There is a fridge but not stocked. there is a store across the street where you can buy drinks and snacks. There is room food service from only one restaurant which serves many kinds of food and drinks and the prices are good.. Breakfast is free and there are many good choices (there is no buffet). The restaurant has a small air con space and also an open air area where they have live music at night. Food has good choices and cheap are Asian and many are spicy so be careful. The restaurant staff is young, friendly and energetic. very good hotel and will come back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank artturo
Max1223, President at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Thank you for your kind review and for recommending us to your friends. We appreciate your observations and will continue to strive for better facilities and service to our guests. Looking forward to serving you again at Hotel Tropika.