“Amazing treat! Love the Banana Pana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bigby's Cafe

Bigby's Cafe
Ranked #71 of 488 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amsterdam
“Amazing treat! Love the Banana Pana!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Was here in this restaurant at nearly 2 pm. yesterday. There were not much people around but that time was intended for our lunch.

I had my Sinuglaw and rice my husband had his Lumpia Hanoi and as usual .. beer.
Wow it looked like i had an ice cream! that was only a presentation but it was really sinugba and kinilaw mixed together with tasty sauce. We ended full and satisfied.

Before we started.. we were ask our names and was wondering why.. but i did not mind. Then before we asked our bill.....Djarhannnn.......a special treat came. A well presented Banana Pana with some writings "welcome home to Bigby's!" with our names written on that plate. That was free!!!!! Amazing!

We liked it very much... that was special. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

• Visited July 2013

Davao del Sur Province, Philippines
“Happy Tummy!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a very late review , but yet its not too late i guess.

I discovered bigbys when i was 16 , and now im 23 hahahah but never the less, i visited bigbys many times! so it deserves a very good review.

Its a culinary discovery experience in this cafe, its my first time to try quesadillas and its really amazing, and for me the best branch in davao region is in SM Ecoland. the ambiance is very nice and the staff are friendly.

You must try the party platter and which is pretty much a mix of everything, and its really a good starter, lots of choices!!!

My favorite is (im not sure if they still serve it now) the titanic boat, its a big bowl of ice creams!!! like 30 scoops of different flavours. and it is free if two persons can finish it within 15 minutes.! which is way imposible hahahahahaha!!!

cons? i could not think of one now, so im so excited to visit this restaurant again soon, when i come back to my country. :)

• Visited June 2012
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Not bad”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was debating whether to give this place 3 or 4 out of 5 but ultimately decided that is was above average when I considered everything.

I ordered their Nachos(Buenos Nachos I think they're called) and their Chicken Quesadilla to share. Food was served relatively quickly, despite the restaurant being more full than not(although I suppose nachos and quesadillas don't really take too long anyway). Even though I found their sauce to be too sweet to my liking(for both because they share the same sauce), the rest was well seasoned; not much to complain about. Tried some of the other dishes my table had. They were also okay. Chicken tenders were very slightly dry but still quite good(perhaps because it was chicken breast). Tried their mashed potato(someone else's side dish), the flavour of the starch of the potato was quite off-putting but at least it was not gummy.

I found their prices to be fair, not cheap nor expensive, for what they were serving, hence the average score.

The ambience of the restaurant was quite nice, and free Wi-Fi is certainly a plus.

All in all, I wouldn't mind giving this restaurant another go if I had the chance. Great place to chill with some buddies if they aren't too busy.

• Visited May 2013
Davao, Davao City, Philippines
“Over priced and way over-rated”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If this place is worth four stars, then truly good restaurants in Davao like Bon Appétit, Claude's Café de Ville and the White House should be receive eight or nine, since comparing the latter group with this place is roughly equivalent to equating McDonald's with fine dining. This is the local equivalent of "Tex-Mex," but done in a Filipino style, which means sugar is added to most standard dishes, with the inevitable result that the food is fairly tasteless aside from the cloying sugar experience which overwhelms about everything else. Adding sugar to the taco dough used to make quesadillas for example, puts a bit too much emphasis on local tastes.

The menu is standard and not very imaginative, though it's got the whole range of "typical" restaurants of this genre, comparable, in that respect to the menus of TGIF or Hard Rock Café, though the food isn't nearly as good. The ambience is more or less standard, and reasonably attractive and the service, though not at all discourteous, is also fairly standard.

There are lots of good places to eat in Davao, at prices to fit almost any pocketbook. This would not be on any list that I would prepare however.

• Visited September 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Not very good”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Bigbys for lunch. The place was packed, this is usually a good sign. I order spare ribs with french fries and my girlfriend ordered squids and sislig pork. First mistake, they started by serving only the french fried. It was suppose to be the side of my dish. I told them to take away the fries and to bring it back with my dish. Then they served all my girlfriend dishes and there was nothing to eat for me. A waitress even came to ask me what ribs exacly I ordered ! 10 minutes later my dish finally arrived and, surprise, my french fries was cold now. This is ridiculous. The service is plain bad. The chefs doesn't know how to coordinate to serve properly a table. As for the food, it was just average.

• Visited March 2013