“Over priced and way over-rated”
Review of Bigby's Cafe

Bigby's Cafe
Ranked #70 of 532 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bigby’s Café Concept was first introduced in the city of Cagayan de Oro on December 8, 1998. Its creators came up with an idea of creating an atmosphere fit for an adventure into the different cuisines of the world. The menu, the interior design and service style were created to position the concept midway between fine dining and fast-casual dining. This format has developed into the Bigby’s Café and Restaurant System. It has become an institution as a destination for good food and excellent service.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If this place is worth four stars, then truly good restaurants in Davao like Bon Appétit, Claude's Café de Ville and the White House should be receive eight or nine, since comparing the latter group with this place is roughly equivalent to equating McDonald's with fine dining. This is the local equivalent of "Tex-Mex," but done in a Filipino style, which means sugar is added to most standard dishes, with the inevitable result that the food is fairly tasteless aside from the cloying sugar experience which overwhelms about everything else. Adding sugar to the taco dough used to make quesadillas for example, puts a bit too much emphasis on local tastes.

The menu is standard and not very imaginative, though it's got the whole range of "typical" restaurants of this genre, comparable, in that respect to the menus of TGIF or Hard Rock Café, though the food isn't nearly as good. The ambience is more or less standard, and reasonably attractive and the service, though not at all discourteous, is also fairly standard.

There are lots of good places to eat in Davao, at prices to fit almost any pocketbook. This would not be on any list that I would prepare however.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Bigbys for lunch. The place was packed, this is usually a good sign. I order spare ribs with french fries and my girlfriend ordered squids and sislig pork. First mistake, they started by serving only the french fried. It was suppose to be the side of my dish. I told them to take away the fries and to bring it back with my dish. Then they served all my girlfriend dishes and there was nothing to eat for me. A waitress even came to ask me what ribs exacly I ordered ! 10 minutes later my dish finally arrived and, surprise, my french fries was cold now. This is ridiculous. The service is plain bad. The chefs doesn't know how to coordinate to serve properly a table. As for the food, it was just average.

4  Thank jasperzzz
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This Bigby's at the ground floor of SM City is a branch of the Bigby's described in the review of Maiya which is located at the Terraces, Ayala Center Mall. This is smaller in size but the quality of food is still evident. The Emperor's Caesar Salad was more than enough for me, the romaine lettuce was fresh and the additional salad dressing / parmesan cheese I requested was given, free-of-charge. We also ordered spring rolls and it didn't disappoint. Needless to say, the baby back ribs was a hit! It left us really satisfied and though priced a little bit higher, this is expected when one looks for quality food. Highly recommended!

1  Thank cebuana51347
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I like most of their menus that are big in servings..yummy! my friends and I love to hangout here. and there are many variety of dishes to choose on.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Twas our first time to dine here with my wife Kristine and twas Feb 14 and a lot of people were there. Fortunately there was a vacant table for two. Nothing special with the food however I was impressed with the service. We ordered pork belly and pork chop something and sinuglaw and got impressed with the sinuglaw's presentation. And of course the prices; mid range- $10-$12