“Fine Davao Dining”

Claude's Le Cafe de Ville
Ranked #9 of 525 Restaurants in Davao City
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterranean Cuisine. Claude’s serves the best steaks in town. Their steaks are perfectly cooked to the diner’s specifications with a choice of pepper or mushroom sauce. It can also be served with either mashed potatoes, or the more popular choice, rice. Other crowd-drawers are their appetizers, salads and soups. Some appetizers which deserve to be mentioned are their salmon pate and shrimp cocktail. The pate is served with lightly toasted sliced French bread while the cocktail is full of fresh shrimp smothered with light dressing and a helping of tomatoes and avocados. Their ceasar’s salad is also easily one of the best I’ve tasted in the city.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The place is owned by a French chef who decided to live in Davao city. It is in the heart of downtown Davao with ample parking space. The food is well prepared and personally supervised by Claude himself. My personal favorite is their pepper steak. I would suggest you try it too.

4  Thank Raul T

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Set in a charming colonial house that has been artfully restored to set you back during the start of the 20th Century, Claude's is one of the must-visit places when you go to Davao. Claude and his friendly staff will be there to greet you personally as well. Of course there is great, authentic French food, classy presentation, good live music to serenade you in the evenings, and well-balanced Filipiniana décor to complement the setting.
I've ordered the Pasta del Moro, Cream of Veloute de Tomate, and their Fresh Citrus & Oregano Infusion Tea, and everything is fantastic. Next visit I would want to try their Escargot Mediterranean & desserts. This is definitely something to look forward to!

1  Thank Siopaoist
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place was part of the top 3 in Trip Advisor when my family and I were looking for some place to eat in Davao City. The restaurant was quite confusing to find as there were two restaurants in the same building. But the good people there pointed us to the right direction, and we were greeted by the beautiful, homey interiors of Claude's.

I had their steak as it was highly recommended by other reviewers here in Trip Advisor and I have to say that it was a good choice. For dessert, we had their durian crepe with durian ice cream. It was heavenly. It satisfied our durian craving.

1  Thank MissKellyG
Reviewed June 8, 2013

What I love about this place is that I feel valued because I chose to dine here. Chef Claude personally greets his customers and whenever our company chooses to dine here, they offer nothing but the best food, service and stories. The staff are well-trained and I have nothing to complain about the food, except that it is really mouthwatering and memorable. Also the owners themselves make it a point to thank their guests. Wonderful gastronomic experience.

3  Thank Ferina S
Reviewed June 3, 2013

One of the best fine dining places in Davao. The steaks are relatively good, and I love their pastas. The ambiance was even better after they moved to their new location.

For intimate dinners or special occasion, I would recommend Claude's.