“Sulit!”
Review of Blue Carabao Diner - CLOSED

Blue Carabao Diner
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We wish to inform all that the Blue Carabao Diner will cease operating as of December 22/2014. We are so grateful to all who took the time to write a review of their experience while at the Blue Carabao Diner. We thank all of our great customers for help to make the Blue Carabao Diner the top Filipino Style food restaurant in Davao for many years in a row. Attention !!This business is now for sale as of June 15/14. Sold complete with all equipment,recipes,highly trained staff willing to work with new owners.Included is a four bedroom upstairs apartment with air conditioning.Price P3million FIRM,price includes business name. Reason for sale is new business venture opportunity. Hello,when you visit Davao City,do yourself a favor and visit the "Blue Carabao Diner" and treat yourself to some of the best tasting,affordable Filipino styled food in Davao City. We are an open air styled establishment that lays out our meal items banquet style or what they call "toro toro"style,meaning point at the meal item you want and a server will give you a serving of that meal. We invite you to check out our kitchen anytime before you eat in our establishment so that you can have confidence in the food we offer.Not many restaurants will make that offer,but we at the Blue Carabao Diner are proud of our kitchen and it's staff and look forward to your personal inspection. My name is Sherry Scott and i am the business owner and head cook so you are important to me and the growth of my business.If for some reason,you are unhappy with a meal,i will either replace the meal,return your money for that meal item or give you a voucher for a free meal upon your next visit to the Blue Carabao.Try finding a restaurant in Davao City that stands behind the quality of it's food like we do at the Blue Carabao Diner. Our servers wear special hairnets and serving gloves and most can speak English,but if you find it hard to communicate with a server,please request for management to answer your questions or explain meal ingredients for you.If you are a first time visitor we will be more than happy to give you a small sample of a meal before you purchase it.Or if you just have questions about Davao City or need directions to a certain location,we will be happy to look after you. My staff and i look forward to your visit and will do what we can to make your visit to the "Blue Carabao Diner" one of the highlights of your trip to Davao City.Sherry & Francis Scott 09/05/13 Please check out the Fall issue of Sizzle digital magazine pages 44 to 46 as we have been given a mention by Chef David Wasson from Seattle, Washington,USA. 05/14/13 We received our ServSafe certification for excellence in sanitation and food safety.10/2010 We where featured in the following newsletter. PCC vol 9 No 4 Newsletter cover is a picture of our 'carabao pochero'.Check out pages 3,4,5,and 19. It was a wonderful humbling and elevating experience to receive and read that magazine.All credit goes to my hard working wife and Chef extraordinaire, Sherry and our dedicated staff. I take my hat of and bow to you all.
Manila, Philippines
“Sulit!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Good and affordable food. No wonder a lot of people are eating here. Clean area. I can eat here everyday.

1 Thank hobo_me

ithaca, ny
“If you just came from Island hopping and you're hungry...”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Blue Carabao moved in 2011 from Bajada to down on Monteverde St. down near Magsaysay Park and the Santa Ana Wharf. The food is decidedly local and good. It's a place that the locals go when they want good food at reasonable prices without a lot of fluff. It's a great place to eat and if you want to dabble in local cuisine, you can't beat the Blue Carabao.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank kdsmithjr
Samal Island, Philippines
“Awesome”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We go to Davao once a month and if I am in that area I will eat there. being a foreigner I am picky on where I eat in fear of getting sick. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 20.. Very inexpensive to eat there and the food is excellent. Made fresh DAILY. They don't cut corners on the taste, same great taste every time. Every time I visit they have the same people working which tells me he takes care of them and I can expect the same great service.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank sarge1985-93
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Davao Carinderia”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

If you are looking for a unique Davao carinderia experience without the fear of getting Hepatitis. This is the place. Its signature dish, the Carabao Bulalo (Carabao Soup) is a must try. They also serve other pinoy favorites at an affordable cost (P40-80) per order. They used to have 2 outlets one near in Sta Ana Pier and one in Obrero. But today, only the one in Sta Ana Pier remains.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Sheldon S
bluecarabaoeatery, General Manager at Blue Carabao Diner, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanx for your kind words,they are deeply appreciated. We take food safety very seriously at the Blue Carabao and as such,we had our restaurant inspected and received an Excellent Sanitation and Food Safety certificate from USA based ServSafe which we are extremely proud of.
We as owners know all to well the disappointment of going to a restaurant in Davao and being charged a high price for food that is unfit for human consumption. Sure they have nice pictures on the wall and fancy table settings,but that is where it end. We spend all our resources on our kitchen so that we can produce the best food possible. Comments like yours prove that our investment paid off. We look forward to your next visit.
Davao City
“mealtime”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

delicious food and the prices are just right. this place is best for those who are hungry and loves eating.