“Ideal place to stay in Davao :)”
Review of Bagobo House Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bagobo House Hotel
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Ideal place to stay in Davao :)”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for a 3-day vacation. Considered a few other hotels, but decided to stay here because of The consistent good reviews. Reservation was a breeze and the price was right in the budget.

Family room was not available so we opted to have the twin standard room s instead with free breakfast (1.4k/room). Rooms were clean and spacious enough to move around. Each room has a cabinet, table with mirror and bathroom with two towels, soap and shampoo.

Staff are very polite and accommodating. Kuya guard even helped us get a cab for our day trip. The place itself is accessible to everything you'll need; resto, fastfood, drug store, malls. Its near San Pedro Cathedral (walking distance), few minutes from the parks, davao museum and magsaysay Market.

We missed visiting Eden Park and Pearl Farm during our stay but we're planning to come back next year. We'll definitely be staying here again. :)

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank iamcheerio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bangladesh
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Bagobo House Hotel half a dozen times. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean. The breakfast is very good and includes a fair selection of "western" breakfast items. I managed to get a "deal" on an upgraded room because they didn't have other rooms with big single beds.

There is wifi in the lobby which is very fast (for the Philippines). I was working and the lobby/eating area is comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SpottyTourist
General Santos, Philippines
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Whenever i visit Davao City me,my family and friends stayed at Bagobo hotel. I really love this hotel because the staff are very friendly,professional, welcoming and ready to assist.The rooms are very clean. I also love there food and i enjoyed staying at the"Agong Cafe" (hotel coffee shop) because it has a free wifi.This hotel is beautiful and the service is top notch. I can't wait to visit again. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ladylhon M
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

For business or pleasure trips, you really want to stay in Davao's downtown area. It's closer to offices, stores, and hospitals. We were able to visit the Eden Nature Park or go to Paradise Island without having to go across town.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tbone200
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Every time we are in Davao city, we stay at Bagobo house.

There was a time that during our trip, the hotel was fully-booked and we could only be accommodated on the second day of our trip. What we did was to stay for one night in a nearby hotel and despite the inconvenience of transferring to another place, we really took the extra effort to transfer to Bagobo house.

Service: The staff are all friendly. They would help you with your luggage without asking them to and without asking for tip. When you order for food, the service is prompt. The free breakfast can be delivered to your room. You have to pay extra, however, if you want a heavy breakfast. Restaurant items are a little expensive. But meals within your budget are never a problem as there are so many dining places outside. The hotel is near the banks, church, spa salons, and at certain nights, the "ukay-ukay" (second hand items) in nearby streets..

What i love most in this place is the room. The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable. The working table with light is perfect for travelers on official business. Nice hot and cold shower. All bathroom fixtures are functional and all supplies are replenished. I like how the housekeeping staff are doing their job. They would greet you on the hallway and would attend to your needs. The only downside is that the wifi signal is poor inside the rooms and thus, you have to go the ground floor if you want to be online.

Most of all, the accommodation rates here are very reasonable.

These are the reasons why my colleagues and I keep coming back to Bagobo House.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are nicer than those in the third floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dulcineak
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Advantages:

- walking distance to a mall, restaurants and establishments
- clean room
- quiet atmosphere
- accommodating staff
- has a tie up with affordable rent-a-car for city tour, would cost around P1,800 or more depends on the places that you'll visit

Disadvantages:

- no arrangement for airport-hotel-airport pick up
- quite far from the airport, if you'll take a cab, it would cost you around P160-180
- No elevator so ask for a room located at lower floors

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chapopos
Quezon City
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is my 4th stay at Bagobo House Hotel and wouldn’t be my last.

This is a “simple” hotel yet it provides customers the basic necessities in a hotel such as individually controlled air-condition, hot and cold shower, cable tv, closet w/ working table and a refrigerator. I know that there are newly opened hotels in Davao City with better interiors but Bagobo House Hotel has its “unique” advantages namely:

Comfortable Mattress – as attested by my superior who said that the bed is neither hard nor soft which is to his and my liking.

Location – in my honest opinion, nothing beats the location of BHH as it is a stone’s throw away from Gaisano Supermarket, a number of Fastfood chains, People’s Park (which is in front of APO View Hotel), Davao Doctors Hospital and Toryano’s Chicken House (Native Chicken at its best).

Staff – accommodating and helpful which is very important to me. I was supposed to travel by land to CDO fr. Davao during my first stay but they advised me to abandon the idea as travel time is approximately 6 hrs. so I called up ofc. & requested them to book me a flight instead.

Flexibility - one of the factors that always sway me to stay in BHH is their openness to allow me to check-in earlier and at the same time check-out beyond than the official time. Likewise, appreciate the honesty of all staff member in keeping my luggage safe & intact as I had to attend mtg. though I had already billed-out.

The following however are room for improvement that Mgmt. should look into:

Beddings – one of my beef with BHH are the “old” blankets and pillow cases that they use, which to me exudes uncleanliness.

Pillows – I maybe vain but how I wish they could provide their customers with bigger and sturdier pillows to make the sleep quality even better.

Foot Towel – I noticed that this particular “extra” was absent during my previous & last stay. Again, am kinda OC with water seeping out of the shower area and I appreciated the fact that they initially provided foot towels in my room.

Having enumerated both the pos. & neg. factors of BHH, you would be surprised that the tariff for each room is within reach of an ordinary traveler. A deluxe room only costs P1400.00, which is far more affordable than its competitors within the same area. I would definitely be back as I had already booked my overnight stay with BHH for May 08 to 09. Likewise, each room comes with free breakfast which for me is satisfactory given the price range but I would prefer that the menu be expanded.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Rooms directly in front of Duterte St. if you prefer a better sleep quality
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business