“It is What it Is...cheap, clean, and cool (showers,customer service and AC)”
Review of My Hotel

My Hotel
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Oslo, Norway
“It is What it Is...cheap, clean, and cool (showers,customer service and AC)”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

MY HOTEL
This hotel is conveniently located downtown near the market, shops, smaller Gaisano mall and a short taxi ride away from the bigger malls. There are many inexpensive places to eat…P68 for soup BBQ chicken, pancit and unlimited rice to give you an example of how cheap it is to eat in that area. I like the area, but many may not like it for safety issues, but I felt safe there. There are people sleeping all over the street sidewalks at night just a few meters from the front of the hotel.

The hotel is what it is, a budget hotel, used primary by Filipino groups for meetings, conferences etc. I have never seen any hotel advertised as much as this hotel in Davao. You can not go anywhere without seeing one of their billboards or signs. The good and bad of this hotel are that the CR is very small, with shower almost over toilet. This means your CR is wet for all future use once you shower, including the C.R. It’s an inconvenience, for sure, but one you get used to. It’s not possible to open the bathroom door when you are sitting on the toilet. The shower has two temperatures, cold and cool. One morning I was up very early at before 6am and water was a bit warm, but that was just one time. The sink is in the room, not in the CR. There is no mirror over the sink for shaving, which irked my husband. The sink ran over onto the floor once. There is also no shelf near the sink for toiletries or tooth brush etc. There is no refrigerator in the room. The room is big enough, but barren, with no chairs to sit on or smaller softer lights, just a big overhead light.

The redeeming qualities are that the room is very clean, bedding changed daily, with a 21 inch TV, and good air conditioner. There is Wi-fi at the hotel, but I could not connect in my room even though there was a weak signal. It seemed to work better in the lobby area. Their resto closes at 830, even though states 9. The food is okay and they have budget meals. They have a security box use for free behind the reception desk. This worked out okay, but I am one who doesn’t trust that set up from past negative experience at another hotel.

I was a bit concerned in terms of security. IT appears that anyone can walk into the hotel and up to a room, security at front desk don’t stop or ask questions. This is a big concern and a predicate for a problem in the future. I had a visitor who had asked the guard what room I was in, who in turn asked the front desk and the individual, who was selling condos, came up announced to my room. What upset me is that there is a phone in the room that they could have called to check. Do not leave valuables in your room.

The hotel room we had was less that P1000 per night for a deluxe room. Overall, the staff was friendly and pleasant. As stated, this is a budget hotel and you pay for what you get. The fact that the room is cleaned so well, and sheets are changed daily with a good A.C. and TV makes it a good choice for the downtown area of Davao. We will gladly return with price as stated and cleaning etc as noted.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank leftovertoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Las Pinas
Reviewed August 26, 2010

The place is cheap and clean. If you are planning to just stay in the hotel, this place is not for you. But for us young-ins, we prefer this kinda place. After a long day of adventure/s, it is nice to go back to a clean room.
Service is kinda lame. Phone service DOES NOT WORK properly. It's kinda nice to have unlimited free calls to US/Canda (and SUN network) using the room phone, but if you try to reach the reception with it... good luck. Their reception is also kinda clueless with the tourist hotspots and is REALLY unfamiliar with Davao. I think even, none of them are.
They have free Wi-fi, but we had trouble connecting on the 5th floor.
There were 3 of us in the room, but they only give us 2 sets of towel and blanket. We must go down to reception to ask them EVERYDAY.
Their food is kinda expensive (compared to the food shops near the hotel). I'm a food tripper/junkie, therefore, I cannot give a good rating for the food and food service there.
By the way, some rooms have trouble with Hot and Cold Showers.
In general, place is nice and cheap. Great for a small group. But service is Bad... really BAD! But, since you are in Davao to experience Davao (and Durian) to it's fullest, I think My Hotel davao is a nice place to stay in. :D

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mauaka
Reviewed July 26, 2010

stayed there 3 times and i must say overall a great experience. staff, food and cleanliness was good. i will always stay at my hotel...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank james d
netherland
Reviewed May 13, 2010

The price is low 1000 peso, but the quality is also not good but sufficient. what is good:
the price is good, you have a clean bed, you have a clean shower and toilet, there is security.
they have aircon.

What is bad: the lightning is bad, there is only one light (yes one light). Is that bad? yes it is only light or dark in your room. No bedlightning.
In the morning around 10 hour the staff is calling loudly in the hall: Goodmorning make up room!!!!!!, everymorning. Sound no respect for the customer. They have never heard about labels on the door, do not disturb/pls make up room. Internet is not good an very slow.

in general: it is spartanic but sufficient. The most important is a clean room and the rooms are clean.

I only recommand this hotel if you are looking for a cheap hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexk0rphil

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

manila
Reviewed April 6, 2010

hi, im going to davao tomorrow and im looking for a nice hotel for my trip. Im just wondering why you are not putting your contact numbers? how can we make reservations? Someone recommended your hotel to me but i dont know how to contact you.I hope you can still put your contact details for any vacationist interested in your hotel. Thanks

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank engrmyks
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Hotel's location was great.

Room was very clean. Bring your own bath towels as the towels provided are rough on skin. Bring your toiletries also since only soaps and toilet paper are provided.

The staff were helpful with inquiries/requests.

We had to wait loooong for the food to be served in their cafe/restaurant/

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelholic17
Digos
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I was with my partner when we stayed at My Hotel. We are amazed of its design and color it really catches our attentions. The taxi driver dropped us at their entrance with their staff that fully accommodating. We stayed there for three days for we wanted to visit some places in Davao City. I was surfing at my laptop using their free Wi-Fi access in the room when my frind sent me a message if I can able to call him as soon as possible. I went to the front desk to asked if they have phone and I said to them that I will make a long distance call to US and they have free call to US using their landline. What a relief for my part and we closed a deal with my friend. It was so nice and amazing to be with My Hotel. We had a romantic night that night and we will never forget what I had experienced at My Hotel. The best Hotel ever I stayed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple