“Nice Location, Nice Hotel”
Review of My Hotel

My Hotel
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Luzon, Philippines
“Nice Location, Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here from Sep21-23, 2013 with another 4 couples. The location of the hotel is right in the middle of the city. near everything, restaurants, market..convenience store. the room has basic amenities but spacious and clean. very much value for money!
Just dont like their Buffet Dinner at P127/person. most of the food are tasteless (sorry kitchen staff) you can try many buffet restaurants in Davao City ranging from P150-200/person with very nice food and many choices too! try Kuya Ed's Buffet.
But nevertheless, we had a very good stay in My Hotel Davao. i will stay here again, and i will keep on booking in My Hotel Davao (since I am a travel agent) -- thanks guys!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank glengcruz2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I just felt like updating my Tripadvisor account; so this is a very late review.
My family and friends stayed here in January 2012 for 3 days. The hotel facade was beautiful and there was an elevator. The rooms were small, which was fine for a budge hotel. However, our room was really hot because of the a/c that couldnt make the entire room cold. We asked a staff to check it but he just said that's it working fine.
My Hotel is near the beautiful plaza and market where you could buy cheap pomelos, durian and marang.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LaVitayBella
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very pleasant.I have stayed in a few hotels in Davao and this offers excellent value.Rooms are always clean,staff are nice and it is very safe.The location is excellent,you are right in the thick of things so can walk pretty much anywhere rather than getting a taxi.I visit Davao every year and I'll be returning here each time.
Slight annoyance,at some times during theday you don't always get hot water,still that's not such. Big deal.Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Alastair J
Myh0teldava0, In-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at MY HOTEL and we are glad that you enjoyed your every visit with us. We always try to make every guest's stay as comfortable as possible, like staying in your own home.
Indeed, MY HOTEL is centrally located which is very much accessible to most places.

Thank you again for your nice review and we look forward to you next visit!
Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is decent if you're looking for an on-a-budget place to sleep. The room that was given to me is clean and well-maintained and is already supplied with the necessary basics. In-room wifi, however, is very weak so if staying connected is impt. to you, better to just stick to your mobile data. Room is also not sound-proof. But for a budget hotel, it is not a big issue for me. Hotel location is in the heart of the town proper. Here you will find a lot of cheap stores and eateries and is a very convenient proximity to the town plaza where the annual city festival is being held to (my main reason why I chose this hotel in the first place).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ILuvTravel713
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose this hotel, and actually stayed here several times, because it was just a couple of blocks away from the City Hall, where I was doing business. It's right smack in the downtown area, near a lot of cheap stores and chicken houses. And of course, this place is cheap.

I asked to be given a room that has a window facing the outside. This is better that rooms that actually face the dark inner courtyard of the hotel, which can be depressing, and noisy. If there is a conference or function going on upstairs, you will hear the noise!

The rooms is very simple. There was one time that the bedsheets smelled funky. I had to ask housekeeping to change them. The bathroom arrangement is a bit weird. the sink is actually outside the bathroom! It's in the main bedroom, which can be annoying, because the floor can get wet. There are no places in the bathroom itself to out your toiletries, You have to close the toilet bowl and put your stuff on top. They have one small lift servicing the entire hotel. Check in staff are not too friendly, and the waiters at the dining area aren't any better. They take their time to approach you if you might ever need anything. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing the street to get sunlight.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here around 4/5 times now its central lots of taxi's around rooms are very good cleaning staff 9 out of 10 for the cleaning staff.The desk staff etc need a awake up call, they are either lazy or just do not care around the front desk.
But in saying all that its fine by me I live with the small problems after all this is the Philippines I mentioned and still enjoy staying there.
I will be back on the 28th and will enjoy my stay once again at this hotel,its becoming like a home to me hope its not raining.

Room Tip: I found all the rooms I have stopped in quite try for a room off the street, and remember the food...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a very late review because I was here March 2010. My meeting was just a few blocks away from the hotel so my colleagues suggested that I stay here. The room is clean and the place looks safe.

The restaurant at the lobby offers good food and will be good if you're here on a budget. But I suggest that you go out and get a taste of what the city could offer. I saw an eat-all-you-can buffet a few meters from the hotel (I forgot the name though).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rickyemerald
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Greetings from My Hotel!

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Hopefully, you can also share your good experience to your other friends or family so they can visit us as well when in Davao.

Also, we would like to inform you that we are now also offering Dinner Buffet on Mondays through Saturdays. For a very low cost, you can enjoy variety of our local dishes and desserts.

Again, Thank you for choosing MY HOTEL.