“Excellent budget hotel.”
Review of My Hotel

My Hotel
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very pleasant.I have stayed in a few hotels in Davao and this offers excellent value.Rooms are always clean,staff are nice and it is very safe.The location is excellent,you are right in the thick of things so can walk pretty much anywhere rather than getting a taxi.I visit Davao every year and I'll be returning here each time.
Slight annoyance,at some times during theday you don't always get hot water,still that's not such. Big deal.Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Alastair J
Myh0teldava0, In-charge at My Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for staying at MY HOTEL and we are glad that you enjoyed your every visit with us. We always try to make every guest's stay as comfortable as possible, like staying in your own home.
Indeed, MY HOTEL is centrally located which is very much accessible to most places.

Thank you again for your nice review and we look forward to you next visit!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is decent if you're looking for an on-a-budget place to sleep. The room that was given to me is clean and well-maintained and is already supplied with the necessary basics. In-room wifi, however, is very weak so if staying connected is impt. to you, better to just stick to your mobile data. Room is also not sound-proof. But for a budget hotel, it is not a big issue for me. Hotel location is in the heart of the town proper. Here you will find a lot of cheap stores and eateries and is a very convenient proximity to the town plaza where the annual city festival is being held to (my main reason why I chose this hotel in the first place).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ILuvTravel713
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose this hotel, and actually stayed here several times, because it was just a couple of blocks away from the City Hall, where I was doing business. It's right smack in the downtown area, near a lot of cheap stores and chicken houses. And of course, this place is cheap.

I asked to be given a room that has a window facing the outside. This is better that rooms that actually face the dark inner courtyard of the hotel, which can be depressing, and noisy. If there is a conference or function going on upstairs, you will hear the noise!

The rooms is very simple. There was one time that the bedsheets smelled funky. I had to ask housekeeping to change them. The bathroom arrangement is a bit weird. the sink is actually outside the bathroom! It's in the main bedroom, which can be annoying, because the floor can get wet. There are no places in the bathroom itself to out your toiletries, You have to close the toilet bowl and put your stuff on top. They have one small lift servicing the entire hotel. Check in staff are not too friendly, and the waiters at the dining area aren't any better. They take their time to approach you if you might ever need anything. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing the street to get sunlight.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here around 4/5 times now its central lots of taxi's around rooms are very good cleaning staff 9 out of 10 for the cleaning staff.The desk staff etc need a awake up call, they are either lazy or just do not care around the front desk.
But in saying all that its fine by me I live with the small problems after all this is the Philippines I mentioned and still enjoy staying there.
I will be back on the 28th and will enjoy my stay once again at this hotel,its becoming like a home to me hope its not raining.

Room Tip: I found all the rooms I have stopped in quite try for a room off the street, and remember the food...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a very late review because I was here March 2010. My meeting was just a few blocks away from the hotel so my colleagues suggested that I stay here. The room is clean and the place looks safe.

The restaurant at the lobby offers good food and will be good if you're here on a budget. But I suggest that you go out and get a taste of what the city could offer. I saw an eat-all-you-can buffet a few meters from the hotel (I forgot the name though).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rickyemerald
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Greetings from My Hotel!

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Hopefully, you can also share your good experience to your other friends or family so they can visit us as well when in Davao.

Also, we would like to inform you that we are now also offering Dinner Buffet on Mondays through Saturdays. For a very low cost, you can enjoy variety of our local dishes and desserts.

Again, Thank you for choosing MY HOTEL.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice it is strategically located in San Pedro St. from there most of the places are walking distance. The receptionist are professional. They use key cards for the room security. Wifi is ready available and they accomodate special request e.g. rooms that far from the street and wooden frame bed and early check ins if the room is available. They are also very prompt in replying to your emails and changes with your requests. They have clean towels, soap and hot and cold shower. Elevator is also available. They have parking lot at the back and you can smoke there. Downside the lightning is not even for every rooms, there are bed frames and other things on the way to the fire exit. The rates are good although you may get a hotel with the same price but they have breakfast with it.

• Stayed: November 2012

Good Day Ms. Yuna,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. It was a pleasure giving you and all other guests the best we can with our service. We are glad you had a wonderful experience while staying with us.

We are indeed located at the city center, accessible to places such as shopping centers, parks, malls, restaurants and other most visited places here in Davao City.

Regarding the room lighting, we'd like to tend to our guest's different wants and needs. Some of our guests prefer darker or dimmer light as they can rest better, while some prefer a brightly lit room. Also, regarding the bed frames, those were just temporarily placed there rather at the hallways at that time since it will be used as extra beds in other rooms. We apologize for that matter.

We are hoping to see you again soon at MY HOTEL. Thank you.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

this a late review since I was here last Nov 2010 but still want to share my experience. I stayed here with my friend. the room is clean and so the bathroom but I find the bed and the pillows hard. Aircon is ok but WiFi is not. breakfast is ok but simple. My hotel is walking distance from the church, fast food, market and ATM. They also offered the tour.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends