“Stay here if you're into cheap, no-frills accommodation”
Review of My Hotel

My Hotel
Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Makati, Philippines
“Stay here if you're into cheap, no-frills accommodation”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I chose this hotel, and actually stayed here several times, because it was just a couple of blocks away from the City Hall, where I was doing business. It's right smack in the downtown area, near a lot of cheap stores and chicken houses. And of course, this place is cheap.

I asked to be given a room that has a window facing the outside. This is better that rooms that actually face the dark inner courtyard of the hotel, which can be depressing, and noisy. If there is a conference or function going on upstairs, you will hear the noise!

The rooms is very simple. There was one time that the bedsheets smelled funky. I had to ask housekeeping to change them. The bathroom arrangement is a bit weird. the sink is actually outside the bathroom! It's in the main bedroom, which can be annoying, because the floor can get wet. There are no places in the bathroom itself to out your toiletries, You have to close the toilet bowl and put your stuff on top. They have one small lift servicing the entire hotel. Check in staff are not too friendly, and the waiters at the dining area aren't any better. They take their time to approach you if you might ever need anything. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing the street to get sunlight.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here around 4/5 times now its central lots of taxi's around rooms are very good cleaning staff 9 out of 10 for the cleaning staff.The desk staff etc need a awake up call, they are either lazy or just do not care around the front desk.
But in saying all that its fine by me I live with the small problems after all this is the Philippines I mentioned and still enjoy staying there.
I will be back on the 28th and will enjoy my stay once again at this hotel,its becoming like a home to me hope its not raining.

Room Tip: I found all the rooms I have stopped in quite try for a room off the street, and remember the food...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a very late review because I was here March 2010. My meeting was just a few blocks away from the hotel so my colleagues suggested that I stay here. The room is clean and the place looks safe.

The restaurant at the lobby offers good food and will be good if you're here on a budget. But I suggest that you go out and get a taste of what the city could offer. I saw an eat-all-you-can buffet a few meters from the hotel (I forgot the name though).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rickyemerald
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Greetings from My Hotel!

Thank you for your time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Hopefully, you can also share your good experience to your other friends or family so they can visit us as well when in Davao.

Also, we would like to inform you that we are now also offering Dinner Buffet on Mondays through Saturdays. For a very low cost, you can enjoy variety of our local dishes and desserts.

Again, Thank you for choosing MY HOTEL.
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice it is strategically located in San Pedro St. from there most of the places are walking distance. The receptionist are professional. They use key cards for the room security. Wifi is ready available and they accomodate special request e.g. rooms that far from the street and wooden frame bed and early check ins if the room is available. They are also very prompt in replying to your emails and changes with your requests. They have clean towels, soap and hot and cold shower. Elevator is also available. They have parking lot at the back and you can smoke there. Downside the lightning is not even for every rooms, there are bed frames and other things on the way to the fire exit. The rates are good although you may get a hotel with the same price but they have breakfast with it.

• Stayed November 2012
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Good Day Ms. Yuna,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. It was a pleasure giving you and all other guests the best we can with our service. We are glad you had a wonderful experience while staying with us.

We are indeed located at the city center, accessible to places such as shopping centers, parks, malls, restaurants and other most visited places here in Davao City.

Regarding the room lighting, we'd like to tend to our guest's different wants and needs. Some of our guests prefer darker or dimmer light as they can rest better, while some prefer a brightly lit room. Also, regarding the bed frames, those were just temporarily placed there rather at the hallways at that time since it will be used as extra beds in other rooms. We apologize for that matter.

We are hoping to see you again soon at MY HOTEL. Thank you.
Vanderhoof, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2013

this a late review since I was here last Nov 2010 but still want to share my experience. I stayed here with my friend. the room is clean and so the bathroom but I find the bed and the pillows hard. Aircon is ok but WiFi is not. breakfast is ok but simple. My hotel is walking distance from the church, fast food, market and ATM. They also offered the tour.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

if you like rude staff, no internet in your room, black and white TV this isn't the place for you.

ok... the rooms are clean i will give them that but thats all i can give them.

the staff would much prefer it if you would stop bothering them with things like checking in, ordering food, or even saying hi.

i'm a value guy and this place is not a value... meaning that although its cheap, it still isn't worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Mark B

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in a double room for 3 nights in this basically new hotel. The good points of this hotel: It's clean; it's strategically located in the middle of the city, making it a good point if you are travelling in different city spots, and not just in downtown area. It was quiet during our stay in spite ongoing renovations in the building. Bad Points: the bathroom was too small; absence of a lift. Aside from that, I commend the cleanliness and service.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms in the first few floors as they do not have a lift.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple