“Clean, Good Location”

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Philippines
“Clean, Good Location”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed in a double room for 3 nights in this basically new hotel. The good points of this hotel: It's clean; it's strategically located in the middle of the city, making it a good point if you are travelling in different city spots, and not just in downtown area. It was quiet during our stay in spite ongoing renovations in the building. Bad Points: the bathroom was too small; absence of a lift. Aside from that, I commend the cleanliness and service.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms in the first few floors as they do not have a lift.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
cebu
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A few of the front desk staff are very good, some are quite lazy and don't like to be interrupted when they are all talking behind the mirror. The manager is a very nice guy, he's trying to improve the place but his staff are dragging it down. Its like they are drinking and partying instead of working sometimes. Sat in the restaurant for 30 minutes, no one would take my order, too busy talking. Manager needs to fire some of those restaurant employees. One girl was really good.
Rooms are clean, they need a mirror above the sink so a guy can shave. Tv ok I guess, no internet in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My family and I were a group of 8 and we booked 3 rooms. One room for my partner and I, one room for my parents, and one room for my sister, her husband and 2 children. We checked in late at night, and one good thing was that the reception was open. Unfortunately, there was a disturbance at around 3 am in the morning. A "lady of the night" (or in other words, a prostitute), knocked persistently on the door of my parent's room. When my father opened the door, she noticed my mother, so she quickly feigned that she had the wrong room. This same "lady" also knocked on the door to my sister's room, and upon seeing my niece she again pretended to have the wrong room. What was strange was that I was in the room next door to my sister's, yet this "lady" did not come a knockin'. This was very odd, and the only thing different was that the rooms that she DID knock on happened to be signed for by MALE occupants, whilst mine was signed for by a female (me). Perhaps that was a coincidence.
The rooms and bathrooms are sufficient, as well as the breakfast at the restaurant. However, the receptionists were quite rude and unhelpful at times, often ignoring people waiting at the counter. Instead they were having a nice chat behind the one-way mirrored glass. Also, the key card to my room wasn't working consistently. One of the times the cleaning staff nearby could see that I was struggling to open the door to my room, yet they did nothing to help. I'm not entirely sure how hotel cleaning operates, but I don't think it's not very professional for cleaners to shout MAKE UP ROOM at about 9 am in the morning to check if you want your room to be cleaned. I also noticed that they didn't actually know which rooms were currently booked and occupied by guests.
All in all, this is alright for cheap accommodation, however, I wouldn't recommend staying here with your family, especially if "working girls" are allowed to enter and knock on doors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tanyita18

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Philippines
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 days and it was worth it.

Location: It's near the city, lots of taxis around. Penong's (Davao's top chicken restaurant) is just a walking distance away.. Also other parks. Jeeps also pass by in front of the hotel making it easier to get around in case you want to commute.

Room: We took a room with a double bed with a view of the front street; there's not much to see in the window though; just old smaller buildings. The wifi is ok, sometimes slow but bearable. Airconditioning is fine and the beddings as well. It's just weird that the faucet is outside the toilet. Room is also spacious and has a cabinet. They don't have flat TVs yet; but there's cable.

Food: Our room did not include breakfast but I checked the room menu and the food is affordable.

Overall, the MyHotel is good, I would recommend it to someone looking for a clean budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FootDot
Lake Louise, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I liked the hotel it has a very good price for a single room with fan. All the staff are friendly not just the front desk. The location is great and the room and beds are cleaned to a high standard. things I didn't like was the bathroom was small and shower was no good. The free calls to north America is a great perk.

Room Tip: Can't book the single room by phone have to show up.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed for almost 4 months. The room is always clean when you arrived. Food in the resto is affordable. Accessible as the hotel is located at the heart of Davao City. Hotel crew are friendly and ready to help you if you are in need.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rafael D
Caloocan, Philippines
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights at the hotel with my whole family just this December. I've been to different hotels and inns in and out of the country, and this one has the most terrible service. From the day we arrive to the crew from the restaurant until we left.

First day, we wanted to rest as we arrived, but when we entered the room which was stated in our reservation as triple sharing, we only have 2 beds. I still have to confirm with the front desk why is that? And she said sorry as they were just about to install the other bed. We had a broken light at the CR, a broken remote for our television. We always have to ask them to do something for us before they fix everything.

Wouldn't recommend this hotel to my friends. Hopefully the hotel management should do something about it.

But when it comes to price, pretty reasonable for a poor service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family