“"Could be better."”

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Philippines
“"Could be better."”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel room was big enough. The elevator was fast. However, the sink being inside the room was a little off for me. Based on advertisements, this hotel is supposedly in front of Gaisano Mall... definitely not true. Gaisano mall is a few blocks away. They charge extra for extra pillows and towels. We asked for a wake up call, but it never came.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Moneymagnet889

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
cdo
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Not recommending this hotel as they are invading their guest privacy by cleaning up the room without consent. Worst is they don't even apologized for their mistake. I will only consider returning to this hotel if I this is the only hotel available in Davao. Another thing is the interior design looks like a jail.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank chippytravel
Myh0teldava0, officer at My Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Good Day from My Hotel.

First of all we apologize for the inconvenience that the hotel have caused you. It is our Housekeeping staff's duties and responsibilities to make sure that the rooms are well cleaned daily. Rest assured that all staffs are honest and responsible enough to keep the safety of the guest's valuables inside the room. Again, we are very sorry if we have caused you inconvenience during your stay. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Puchong
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in a single deluxe room on the 6th floor. Room was quiet and air condition and hot water was working good. Bed and bathroom is clean. Hotel is walking distance to most attractions , shops and restaurants. TV has many channels to view. Restaurant has a dinner buffet for 100 pesos eat all you can. Taxi from airport to here is about 20 minutes and cost about 160 pesos. No problem with the jeepneys as San Pedro Street is one of the main roads which they pass.Would recomend this hotel who wants clean budget hotel right in downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank David_TanPuchong
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hi! Thank you for choosing MY HOTEL as your home away from home.

We are indeed located at the center of the city which is accessible to most places such as malls, restaurants, churches, parks and alot more.
We serve a variety of meals at our dinner buffet.For only 120 pesos, you can enjoy different dishes served at the restaurant.

Please feel free to come back anytime soon whenever you're in Davao City. Thank you!
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed for two nights in a Fan Room. I got the one with the TV so I paid Php 300. I should've gotten the one without TV for Php 250 because the TV just had 5 local channels (not even all the local channels are there). Location wise, this is near almost everything.

The single fan room is quite spacious. I think I got a room which smelled quite old - I can smell something every time I enter the room but it disappears as your nose gets used to it I guess. The room had a sink which proved to be useful if you want to just wash or hands or brush your teeth - no need to go to the common bathroom. There are three common bathrooms in the floor. Sometimes, they are all clean, sometimes, only one would be usable - because the other bathroom is quite dirty to use.

A basic choice for basic needs. Can still be a choice for budget travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank melodymedley
Baguio City, Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed September 14, 2012

we stayed at my hotel last July 2012... This hotel is very accessible, just walking distance from fast food chains..grocery stores, atm's and popular tourist destination...Their room are so wide..so much space wasted and there is only 1 light bulb in that wide room..so the room looks dark..you get what you pay for in a budget hotel anyway...but over all, my hotel is still a great place to just to sleep for the night and spend your day travelling around the city.... and reminder: there are no shampoo's provided..only soaps, so you should buy them on your own....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank doodlez
Makati
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed again in My Hotel about a month ago and took a double room.Its just as clean and comfortable when I stayed there the last time in 2009 with strong WI-FI connection provided in all rooms at no extra charge. The room rates have not changed. You get value for money and more. I don't think any hotel in the Philippines will provide free unlimited overseas call to Canada an the USA. Now, that's called value for money. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one without any second thought.

Room Tip: Crispy clean bedsheets which is changed every day. And this is a Budget hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MakatiTripper
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hi! Thank you for choosing My Hotel! We are glad that you did not have any second thoughts of staying once again with us. Next time, you could also bring your friends and enjoy a variety of dishes from our dinner buffet for only P120.

Free US and Canada calls are free of use. For local calls, we also have Suncellular to Suncellular calls.

Again, thank you for staying with us. Feel free to comeback anytime soon!
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I never been there but my sister and her family had been there, My hotel is located in the heart of Davao City which could save you a lot of penny. Definitely for sure, when I'll be in Davao, I have to make sure I'll meet the owner, because the owner if in case you don't know, he should be nominated as the ASIAN of the year 2012 Reader's Digest. Looking forward to interview you because we salute you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Azhi_Mastura
Myh0teldava0, in-charge at My Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hi! Thank you for your kind words. You should try visiting MY HOTEL to experience We are indeed located at the city center, accessible to all places.

Please feel free to contact us anytime if you'd like to book a room. Thank you.