Drifters Apartel and British Bar
Marco Polo Davao(Davao City)
$107
$94
  • Pool
$61
$47
$84
$79
Agoda.com
Seda Abreeza Davao(Davao City)
$92
$75
Agoda.com
Red Knight Gardens(Davao City)
$41
$34
Trip.com
Red Planet Davao(Davao City)(Great Value!)
$27
TripAdvisor
$51
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Nice hotel but if you are English-speaking, it is best to deal with the manager directly and exclusively. The hired help does not seem to understand English very well, and they project a general sense of apathy.

The other problem with this place is the location. It is inside a gated sub-division and it's a veritable maze getting there.

Lastly, I ordered the banana pancakes off the menu on my first morning, but was told that they don't have any fruit and generally don't stock fruit. I skipped breakfast and went hungry. BUT, I did request that they have bananas for breakfast the next morning. When I went to the cafe to order, they told me that they didn't have any pancakes. When I asked the manager about this, she said that she did not know about my request, but would send someone out to buy bananas. I then had to wait over an hour for my breakfast to be prepared.

I suppose it is my own fault for expecting to be able to order fruit in the Philippines.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank VeganEphipany
Drifters Davao D, Owner at Drifters Apartel and British Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

This is Bert, Im the owner of Drifters Davao.
I heard about your breakfast problems and Ive just read your reveiw.
Regards the breakfast I totaly agree with you, It should never had happend.
Its too late for you, but ive now taken serious steps to make sure this never happens again, and the staff have certainly understood my english.
Regards Drifters location if you ask the taxi driver for Drifters, Pili St, Nova Terra subdivison he will bring you directly to the gate.
Should you require a taxi to go out just ask the girls to get you a taxi 15 to 20 min berfore you wish to go out.
Im sorry that you feel our staff show a feeling of apathy towards you, but our girls do try to do their best and they do try to understand and speak english.
Down stairs in our Bar there is a famouse sign that was started by a now past away freind of mine which relates to anyone visiting the Philippines.
The sign says, R.W.Y.A. Translated its, Rember where you are.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have just stayed at Drifters and could not have been more happy with the service from the staff, the location and the overall stay at this property. The owners are very friendly and more than approachable, making sure you have everything you need to make your stay great. All staff will go out of their way to help you. I will be definitely recommending this to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Amelia4567
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed there for a 8 days and we can't complain the staff are good and the owner is friendly,as we said to her whenever we get back to Davao we will be staying in their place,and oh we prefer their place because it's near the ferry terminal for Samal island,and they also have bikes for rent which are very affordable thank you and now they are near the newly opened SM mall

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs but we got no complaints
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mariafujairah1963
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Very nice staff here, with excellent service. If you are new to Davao, other expats you meet here will have plenty of useful information.

Never a problem with the room. They have a standby generator.

Fairly close to the new shopping mall North of town. Its also possible to walk to the waterfront.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JamboME
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was in Iloilo flew to Davoa just to spend a few days in Drifters before our return to England. So what more can I say. I stayed here three years ago and still its like home from home, every one is friendly, the place just has a relaxed atmosphere, the staff cannot do enough for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple