“Incredible art gallery”

Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Vienna, Austria
“Incredible art gallery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed there three times since 2007 and love that place for it unique style. Dont expect too much from the rooms but be impressed by the rest. Some hundreds of Kublais paintings and other pieces of art decorate the whole place, not to forget the amazing roof terrace. A very friendly service provides the rest. At least stay there once when you visit Davao. Walking distance to Davao's newest mall Abreeza.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mayo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We came to this hotel for 3 nights. Unfortunately I had a slight mishap at the beach and injured my knee which I needed crutches.
The hotel was fantastic and really gave me the royal treatment. We were offered a ground floor room close to the pool facing the river.I was also offered a wheelchair to make it easier to get to breakfast and the street. Took the stress of us emmediately.
The hotel is simply beautiful and the grounds are lovely.
The service is definitely 5 star. Staff greet you all the time and love a chat to ask where you are from.
I would highly recommend you stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jean H
Mandaluyong, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've chosen this hotel because of commendations from both Lonely Planet and Rough Guide books. The hotel management is very accomodating during booking, they have allowed me to be moved to a room with a strong wifi. I had to cancel my first reservation due to a family emergency. When I rebooked, they still granted my request a second time.

PROS:
- Excellent artwork from Kublai Millan, Mindanao's famous resident artist
- Walking distance from Victoria Plaza, Chowking, McDonald's, and Laurel street
- In-house restaurant
- Strong wifi in the lobby and nearby suites
- Helpful staff

CONS:
- The hotel has been around and some rooms look dated
- No public transport in front of the hotel (though 24/7 reception will be helpful to call a taxi for guests)

I recommend visitors to Davao to stay here at least once. My Davao trip got quite busy and I never had the chance to roam around the building but I know there's a lot to discover. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When booking, you can ask for a room with a strong wifi connection, usually those ones closest to th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Lovely location! Near Crocodile Park, Zoofari,and Abreeza. For tourists who wants super affordable bed and breakfast, this is a good choice. For as low as Php399 per person, you get a room with airconditioning unit, tv with cable, wifi, and art:-) The art breathes life and passion. Gargantuan sculptures of Kublai surrounds it. Floor to wall art. Goosebumps!
I was so disappointed with the rooms. It badly needs renovation. It's like a college boarding house, or dormitory.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank RonGaby V
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed 4 nights during Kadayawan weekend 15-19 Aug 2012. Despite the peak season they still gave me the advertised discount. I extended a few hours to await my night flight and was charged just for the few extra hours, no hassles. It gave me that quaint little homey place feeling which was like going home at night. The staff were warm, courteous, and accommodating. Artworks on the walls makes you feel like you are staying in an art gallery rather than an inn. Walking distance from a new and big mall. Good value for money at this price range.

Room Tip: Don't forget to request fresh towels everyday.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank alephxyz
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I arrived at Ponce Suites in April and stayed into May. I would rate it as an outstanding value. The staff was courteous, friendly, and accommodating. Art work abounds all around you, I'd call it total immersion. The owner is a super nice lady, whose son is the artist(national pride hero). The location is good for walks, close to the mall, and McDonalds coffee. On a one to 10 scale for enjoying my stay, it is definitely a 10. It's not plush by any stretch, but I didn't go looking for plush.
It is a great place to stay for anyone on a budget, another 10.

Room Tip: One of the best values in Davao. Friendly staff, super nice owner, good location, unique experience.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

My mom and I stayed at Ponce Suites on April 17-20, 2012. This hotel was listed with Expedia and since I did not want to pay the reservation in full a month prior to the trip I emailed the hotel directly. Min, the Owner/General manager replied right away. She was accommodating and booked our reservations with no hassles at all. She also ensured that our room was on the ground floor so it will not be hard for my 80 year mom. Her staff were friendly and made us feel very welcome. We ate most of our meals at the hotel. Food was great! Min and George brought us to Chema's by the sea at Samal island. The pool was under a big tree and the beach was well maintained. The Samal day trip was culminated with a full body massage at Bajada and Durian. Min also treated us with a special dessert on our last breakfast. You will be amazed by Kublai's artwork. If you are in Davao and wanted a 10 hour day tour our airport taxi driver Arnold M. Orquiza was affordable, $3,000/day.Contact Smart 0918 945 6090, Globe 0916 430 2361. Tour includes: Eden, Phil Eagle, Japanese tunnel, crocodile farm, city tour, museum, etc. Min, thank you so much for making our Davao experience memorable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family