“needs improvement”
Review of Red Knight Gardens

Red Knight Gardens
Ranked #36 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I lived for five years in the same village where Red Knight is located. The hotel is situated inside a residential village. The subdivision is a quite place so visitors could have counted it favorable for them.

I had the chance to see the hotel when a dear friend from UK came over for a vacation. For the duration of my friend’s stay, I was a constant visitor. I noticed an empty lobby with no one in the reception counter. Getting inside the room was not a pleasant assessment. The room my friend got, although for two(2) was small. Toilet & bath and the kitchen sink was the first thing visible upon entering the room. Facilities are not satisfactory. Even the garden and the restaurant near the pool were not kept well. I think the place and its facilities needs to be checked and improved.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 6,452

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Getting a hot shower was always a problem and was never lucky on our entire stay. There's a waiting period before that machine gives you hot water but it didn't work on me, I waited for more than 10 minutes to have the water turn to warm-never worked.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frugie
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked for 3 days but could only stay 2 on arrival we had to go through security at the village gate taxi dropped us at the entrance and we walked into an empty lobby .no staff no phone no security ??? think the guard was at dinner .found our way past the poo l to the bar and restaurant where we were .promptly made welcome ,checked in and shown to our room ..It was obviouse there was ongoing maintenance taking place as there was some fresh paint and some old in the room but it was clean and comfortable . TV didn't work and no towels but a call to the desk saw the problem fixed in minutes . My partner found she has left her toothpaste and brush behind .none available at the resort but a boy was dispatched and within 15 min returned with the required items ..
The meals and drinks at the poolside restaurant were tasty and reasonably priced served in a timely manner by the courteous staff .as we had to leave very early in the morning a taxi was ordered for 4 am and at 3.30 precisely as requested the security guard knocked on the door to wake us, then again when the cab was at the door .
All in all a pleasant stay I would have no hesitation in staying there again .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gregorian43
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We intended to stay here for 3 weeks but decided to shorten our stay due to unsatisfactory facilities and service..
On arrival we were on the ground floor and we had problem with mosquitoes., TV didn't work, tea pot was leaking and hot shower was unreliable. Bldg. requires maintenance -rust obvious around windows, etc.
After several complaints , we were transferred to one of the single room apartment upstairs . We encountered another problem with the shower-hot water didn't work, leaky/blocked toilet, bathroom basins weren't washed properly and clean towels were not provided nor replaced unless requested.
Desk and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful but room service (one cleaner) was poor. Food was good and the location was perfect for our needs . Taxis were easy to get with the assistance of the front desk.
We were disappointed given that other members of our family has recommended this accommodation with glowing reports . They haven't encountered same problem as we did a year before our stay... Hope it will improve because we love to stay here again in our next holiday . With the price you pay you can't expect luxury , some of the above comments may take time such as bldg. maintenance issues but cleanliness and reliable bathroom facilities are the main priority for guests comfort...Hope it helps and wish you all the best ahead!

Room Tip: We were told that rooms and facilities across the main building is better (???)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Weng N
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This lovely hotel is situated in a secluded ,safe, shady and quiet village not far from the airport and away from the busy city. Taxies are easy to get, just inform the staff. I stayed in a studio room on the second floor overlooking the beautiful gardens and pool area. There is a bar/dinning area adjacent to the pool that serves great westen and philipino food with a distinct UK, USA, and Aussie flavour. It is like staying in a private home with helpful staff that make you feel quite special. The room was spacious with good air condition, very comfortable queen bed, flat screen televisilon, spotless bathroom and small cooking area more than adequate to get that early morning cup of tea or coffee,and handy size refrigerator. I was very impressed and it carries my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Christo1937
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Even quite far out of town, which doesn't mean a lot in Davao, I would always stay there. The question is, should I promote my favourite place and make it overrun, more expensive ...or should I just try to keep it a well known secret. Great sleep, small pool, good food and friendly staff as well as nice customers. More like a family place.Perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sleep00walker
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days with family. Very quiet neighborhood inside a subd. which is ok, but if you're looking for action and people watching this is not the place for you. No prob in getting taxi coz front desk will call them for you anytime.

If you're going to Pearl Farm, the location of this apartelle is good coz it's only about 10mins away.

This is not a hotel, but an apartelle. When we came back from our swimming trip I was surprised to see that the room was not cleaned at all, towels not replaced. Called front desk to asked why the room was not cleaned they said that we should inform them if we want the room cleaned ??? Which for me sounds ridiculous, but anyways there you go. If anyone of you decide to give this place a go, pls remember to tell them if you want your room cleaned !!!!

Also asked front desk to arrange to hire a van for us for daytrip tour and wasn't done. Good thing another girl helped us.

Another thing, I've never seen a heater like this ever anywhere else !!!!

This place is good for barkadas/family who do not want to spend so much for accommodation. Safe and very quiet neighborhood. But for those who are looking for luxury and comfort, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family