“***Drive in hotel***”

Hotel Sogo Tarlac
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tarlac
“***Drive in hotel***”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Where do I start? Lets start with Agoda didn't advise the hotel was a drive in hotel. We arrive and are provided a room with no locks. It felt very unsafe. It took an argument with management the next morning for 1 hour to be moved to a room that had a lock on the door. It was also a downgrade. The beds were dirty
under the sheets and the beds themselves are very uncomfortable. The sheet kept falling off the bed because the bed surface underneath was leather (covered in lighter burns and stains). Simple requests like a bucket of ice took sometimes 1 hour and one night, it didn't get delivered at all. The rooms are outdated and also a dirty appearance to match. The toilet was not cleaned properly and we bought antibacterial wipes to wipe down the bathroom and the surfaces. So unclean so crap and so not worth the effort or money.

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank KatIsMe

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We checked in late night and after traveling for 14hrs. You reserve room by hour slots rathern than nights (sketchy in itself). Rooms are small. Not clean as indicated on their marketing billboard. Ordered food and it took over an hour. When it finally arrived, the order was totally wrong. Food was not good. When I addressed this to the supervisor, JoJo, no action was taken. Do not waste your time or money!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank Maryanne A

Travelers are raving about these Tarlac hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

OMG what an awful hotel. I arrived at 6pm and the room was not ready they said it needed to be cleaned. I was taken to my prison cell to find a smelly dark room that can be described as HELL. The sheets and towels where grey and smelt so bad and there was more hair on the floor and sheets than on my head it was so bad that I have booked a different hotel for tonight as I can’t cope with this place another night. I was told on entry that I can borrow an iron after 5 hours of constant calling I was told that they didn’t have any irons so I had to ask the factory that I was visiting to iron my shirt for the meeting the following day. I never normally leave bad feedback but this time I feel it’s only fair to the next traveller to see what they are coming too. The people in Tarlac are the nicest kindest people that I have ever met but the standard set by the management at the hotel is so bad that even farm animals would complain. PS: There company logo is So Good So Clean!!!!

Room Tip: Just dont stay at this hotel thats the best tip I can give any future traveller
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nigel R
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2012

After a long, rainy drive from Pangasinan, I started looking for a place where I can get some rest and call it the night (it was about 11pm that evening and the rain is pouring real hard). While I was traversing the stretch of McArthur highway in Tarlac, I came upon a sign that says "Hotel Sogo, near SM City Tarlac...". That made up my mind; I will be stopping over for the night.

Hotel Sogo's can actually be found on almost any city or province(s), in this case, this one is located in Tarlac City and is about less than a hundred meters from SM City Tarlac. The hotel itself is along McArthur highway so there is no way that a traveler could miss it since this highway is a major route towards the North (and vice versa).

There is ample parking at the front of the hotel, but on that evening, I was lucky to get a spot since the area was packed with other vehicles -- I'm guessing these folks could be spending the night over just like me, plus the reality of rain pouring hard.

This Hotel is just new as I saw its construction not too far back, so you could expect a clean vicinity upon entering the premises. Concierge is actually fast and efficient, after a few paper works and payment I was shown to my room.

I chose a simple room -- and thankfully its clean and odor-free (I have been to other Sogo hotels from my travels in the past and I came one with a rather dirty room where the odor is noticeable even after they sprayed it with air freshner). This one is actually comfortable in my own terms.

The room has its own bathroom and this one's also clean with the usual compliments like soap, though I really dont need this since I was bringing my own.

The air conditioning is cool and silent which provided for a very comfortable sleep and rest. I think there is also a TV though I was too tired to watch anything so I really didn't notice.

The bed feels and smells clean, the pillows and blanket provided are also fresh and clean.

Personally, I think of this kind of hotel for people on the road that are looking for a place to spend the night over from business trips. True enough, most of the guests I came with that evening were from one company that held an important conference somewhere in the North and hence they chose Sogo as their first choice of accommodation.

Like I said, I have been to other Sogo hotels in the past and I couldn't say that all of them are without flaws. Some were noisy, while some were dirty and some with unpleasant smell. But since this one in Tarlac city is relatively new, none of those inconveniences were there (at least not yet). I sure hope that management could maintain that in the future.

As I packed my things the next day, I closed my car's trunk and gave the hotel a quick glance before leaving. I said to myself; the next time I travel up north and get caught by night, I will surely choose to stay on this hotel again. And I sure hope that I will be greeted by the same fast, friendly service that I was dealt with last night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank chris_t610
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarlac
L Square Hotel
#1 of 6 in Tarlac
Luisita Central Park Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cabanatuan
Casa Hermogina Mount Pinatubo Tours And Accommodation

Been to Hotel Sogo Tarlac? Share your experiences!