“New Restaurant... So-so, but promising”
Review of L Square Hotel

and 1 more site!
L Square Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Tarlac
Reviewed March 8, 2013

L Square opened it's new restaurant and, being our favorite hotel in the city, my family and i tried it... The place is clean, music is good. Menu price and variety was good. Male staff were stiff and were not smiling, female staff was friendly and accommodating. We tried their fetuccini carbonara and clubhouse sandwich. The pasta turned out to be good for 3 persons at only P220. Great! But we would have appreciated being told about the serving size. And the pasta they used was spaghetti, not fetuccini. And they seemed unaware of the difference. I think they need a bit more of training. They served my husband's coffee warm, not hot. But overall, it was good, although can improve a lot more. But we are still excited about the opening of their coffee shop!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I usually cannot be bothered to fill one of these reviews, but for this hotel, I definitely have to comment on the excellent service and hospitality of the staff. I searched online for hotels to stay overnight on my way to Baguio and found this. I always sort the hotel list for customer review and this was ranked pretty high so i stopped by. It's close but not too close to the noisy Town Proper. For the extra money I was willing to pay for an extra person in the Superior room, they offered to upgrade me to a more comfortable Deluxe room for the same price. They brought a pitcher of cold water to welcome us, which was a sweet gesture knowing we just had a long drive up. We had room service and the food was excellent. Try the house fried chicken and the corn crab soup! Excellent wifi signal in our room. Absolutely quiet during our stay; we slept like babies.
My 13 year old has been to 16 countries and she has stayed in a fair number of hotels. She is quite vocal about her likes/dislikes of hotels we stay in. She commented on how comfortable the bed and how soft the linens were. This hotel is defintely one of the best hotels we have stayed in and the star rating is just technicality. It should be a 5star hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the stairs for better wifi signal.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jen L
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Like a hole in a wall, Ive discovered this amazing boutique hotel! I was thrilled when i saw the hotel because rarely do you see modern and hip hotels in the provinces... As soon as I entered, all i saw were welcoming smiles which made me feel very special. The bell service was courteous and well knowledged about the hotel as well as the front desk staff. The bed was so comfortable, i seriously slspt in comfort. Lsquare has been one of my greatest experience in tarlac.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Ferdinand M
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Me and my friends love to travel. Last December, we went to Tarlac to try its famous Isdaan then headed to Kart City. On our way to KCT, I saw a hotel at the right side of the which is really captivating because of its fantastic architectural design. So I said to myself that I should try that one.

That night, I together with my friends checked in at that hotel. The place is really good and spotlessly clean. Concierge was very welcoming and well informed. When I entered the room, I was really happy because I realized that you do not have to spend a lot to have a 5-star hotel experience. L-square will hand it to you.

Hospitable staff, good food, luxurious rooms. You really could not ask for more. If ever I'll visit Tarlac soon, L-square will be my primary choice AGAIN. :D

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Em C
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel which is spotlessly clean. The staff were immaculate without exception, very welcoming and eager to please. All the rooms appear to be on the front of the hotel, facing the road (except two on each corner of each floor that may have faced the side of the hotel). The road is quite noisy, so earplugs were essential.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank tonyj_uk
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I only stayed there one night. However the staff were very friendly, the room was a reasonable size and clean. The breakfast was pretty good also. The only downside was that the wifi wasn't working the night I stayed there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JacksonCooper
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Was staying here more or less by accident since I was on the way to Baguio and the weather turned really bad. Was very happy to find a nice looking hotel in this not quite so looking nice city. Although the room I took was very small, I was very surprised how nice and clean everything was. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast was good too. And all this for 999peso! Great, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gest26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarlac
La Maja Rica Hotel
Hotel Sogo Tarlac
#6 of 6 in Tarlac
Luisita Central Park Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cabanatuan

Been to L Square Hotel? Share your experiences!