“Good location”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Tarlac
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good location”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I can start this review by saying that I enjoyed my stay at La Maja Rica. Any negative comments certainly did not have an effect that would prevent me from not staying here again.

I stayed in a Deluxe room for an extended stay. The room was large and roomy. Furnishings were of economy quality. The bed mattress was firm. There was a large flat-screen TV with cable access. There was a mini-refrigerator in the room. There was a large window looking out to the inner courtyard and bringing in adequate sunlight during the day. The bathroom had running hot water both in the shower and the sink. The hot water was hot, which I like for shaving, and I believe they may use a solar heating system. One downside was that there was no safe-box in the room. They did offer to keep valuables in their office lock-box. Another problem was that there were small ants running around both in the bathroom and room. I had a box of chocolates that I left out on the table and upon returning it had ants on it trying to get into it.

There was free Wi-Fi in the room but they advertise on their website that there is a Wi-Fi zone, so it could be that my room was above that zone. For most of my stay the speed was adequate but there were times that I had to call the front desk to have them reset the router. I think that the problem was with the internet service provider and not the hotel’s fault.

Breakfast was included in the price but only for one person. There were several options for the breakfast set both local and western dishes. The setting for the restaurant was open aire right off the pool area. I did not like the fact that smoking was allowed. I had lunch there several times. They have an economical executive meal that included bird-nest soup and a desert along with 4-5 different main courses you can select from. All dishes I tried were tasty as was the pizza I ordered from room service.

The nice thing about staying at La Maja Rica is that there is a small grocery store (EZ Supermarket) just across the street north of the hotel. There is also a Chic Boy restaurant in the same strip mall as the grocery store. A short walk or 20 peso trike ride further north brings you to a McDonald's and Chow King. Across the street from those is Metro Mall with a JolliBee fast food restaurant. Immediately south of the hotel is a little place called Suzies that has lasagna and other pasta offerings. A 3 minute trike ride further south brings you to the SM mall with many restaurants for your choosing and a full size supermarket.

Probably my biggest grievance was that on most nights there was loud music playing until 10 pm or a little bit longer. I think that it was live music for the conventioneers that were attending functions at the hotel.

Again, I would not let the downsides prevent me from staying at this hotel in the future and I have no problem recommending it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank GliderMax

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days and i was very happy with their service. I booked the presidential suite and was amazed at how big it is! Most rooms are on the 2nd floor, no elevator but the stairs are very easy to climb. The room itself was impressive, new furnishings, comfortable bed, nice lighting, very strong aircon (2 split type aircon units in the presidential suite), good water pressure and occasional hot water. The bathroom is big, and there is a bathtub in one of the bathrooms in the suite. My only problem was that I could hear the people walking around the corridors at night and, if there is a party in the pool area (there usually is), you can hear the videoke singing. The parties usually end at 11pm but the people running,laughing and talking in the corridors sometimes last until 2am. Bring earplugs.

The free breakfast was yummy! i especially liked the longganisa. the restaurant in the hotel also served very good food at reasonable prices. The waitresses were also very attentive. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, too.

There is a pool but i wasn't able to use it because it didn't stop raining during my entire stay (thanks to Typhoon Maring and the Habagat).

It's in a great location, 1 tricycle ride to bus stations, SM tarlac and other places. Warning though - tricycles in Tarlac are expensive.

I will definitely stay in the same hotel when I go back to Tarlac.

Advice to all future guests: ask the staff how to work the shower. I thought mine was not working (i read about that in other reviews here in TA) but i just didn't know how to use it:) they taught me and i enjoyed the rest of my showers:D

Room Tip: try the presidential suite :D
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank nanitumlos
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I like this hotel because they have spacious room, they have the best location near the bus station if you guys needs to commute going to manila or North bound, also near the mall. They have a friendly and approachable staff specially those at the front desk. The complimentary breakfast is good also. The place is nice but the sound outside can be heard inside the room which i think needs to be improved also their wifi is so slow at our room that we need to go near the door to have the connection. :(
But anyway this is a good hotel and will definitely go back here again. :)

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Shehazadi133
Torquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

CONGRATULATIONS to the staff of La Maja Rica Hotel. We stayed in the hotel for two weeks and had the use of their dining room for my grandson's graduation and for my 60th birthday. There are some concerns and issues that I noticed. During our stay, my grandchildren were in the pool and sad to say a very drunk man joined in with his group of children. My grandchildren got so scared that they came out of the pool and reported to me that the drunk man touched the head of my grandson twice. I approached the man to have a quiet word with him, when suddenly out of nowhere another drunk man and a woman (I presumed his partner) confronted me in an unacceptable manner. I went to the front desk to raise the matter. I appreciate that the staff did their best at that time to resolve the matter. What I am trying to drive at is why allow a drunken person to swim with children? I hope the Management of the hotel can have some policies on this. The notice board near the pool area is hardly noticeable and the print is so faded. Another, issue is the noise gone midnight. Some guests have been continually noisy. 11:00 p.m. is probably an ample time to retire. Some hotels put up notices/reminders for all guests to comply with.
Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay at La Maja Rica Hotel and hopefully to stay there next year.
More power to the staff of the hotel and the patio Bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Irene C
Saudi Arabia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We just have a 2-day stay in La Maja Rica Hotel last Jan 4 & 5. the hotel location is very convenient in commuting back to Manila being close to the bus station and also a walking distance to shopping malls and restaurants. Though not too fancy, the rooms are spacious and clean and the price is very much affordable. With the hustles of the cities, this is a decent place to stay and I may say that you will feel very comfortable with their staff. .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rcanizares
NYC
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a clean hotel. The rooms are air conditioned. They are not fancy. The towels are very worn. There is a closet to hang your clothes. The bathroom is minimal and has no hook to hang your clothes. It's a decent place to stay if you have to stay in the City of Tarlac.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, tell them you need a ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DrKatieRN
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I used to dine in the restaurant inside this number 1 hotel in Tarlac City. With the rooms of the hotels, they were really huge but interiors really don't attract clients 'coz it's old fashioned type and with the technology right now, the hotel should learn to adapt changes for improvements. With the restaurant, I love the quality of the foods and the service. As a matter of fact, my attention one time was focused on the Operations Manager of the restaurant, she really attended the needs of the customers and though I have seen how demanding the customers were, she still gave her best to please them and I was amazed how thankful they were to her. She is a good role model Manager who is always ready in accommodating our concerns. While the hotel manager is the opposite side of her because she is immediately reacting to hotel clients rather than listening first to their concerns and needs. This were minimal for improvements.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank ellivra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarlac
L Square Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cabanatuan
Harvest Hotel
Harvest Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cabanatuan City

Been to La Maja Rica Hotel? Share your experiences!