“If nature's your trip!”

Villa Escudero Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in San Pablo City
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tons of trees, the river is a bit scary for me although I didn't sleep on the veranda, mosquitos not so hard to find so I suggest a repellant all throughout your stay. The Cultural Show is worth watching. Food is great as well, I love their dried fish so much it's always the first one to run out. ;)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Maria Victoria L

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Villa Escudero is a well kept secret. The day visit is an experience but to stay in one of the riverside villas is the ultimate experience. The day trippers leave & you then experience true Filipino hospitality. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they always give 100%. I wear my Villa Escudero T-shirt with pride. The tour of the museum is an exoerience never to be forgotten! Excellent place to visit

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank TonyKav
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We are 20 in the group. Welcome drinks takes too long so we decided to leave it. Carabao ride was good but after that no one assisted us. We dont know where to go and where to leave our things for our room will only be available by 11am.
POOLS - Big but really need some serious cleaning, especially the tiles.
ROOMS - there is no day rate, we have to pay for overnight though we will only used it until 4pm. The view is great but the balcony needs some cleaning.
KAYAKING - Great, nice life jackets and clean water.
FALLS - Great for photo ops
LUNCH - uhmm sorry but it all taste the same, salty & hard to eat. No fresh fruits :(
MUSEUM - this is what I love, Amazing collection & a must see.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Jelyn09
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I heard of Villa Escudero wayback 1990's and just this year, we finally went here for a day trip. It is an almost three-our drive from Taguig and when we arrived, they gave some welcome drinks. The staff are not so courteous but not really annoying. We went inside their museum and it is really informative. Some displays are suprisingly amazing, from the religious artifacts to some clothes worn by past political personalites. There are war artifacts, archeoligical discoveries and an almost complete display of the peso evolution in different denomination. Downside is you cannot take pictures inside the museum but I guess that's understandable. We rode the carabao cart, tried the bamboo kayak and relaxed a little bit at their function area overlooking the lake. My father in law tried their swimming pool while hubby tried their halo-halo. The food in the restaurant is quite expensive. The highlight of the trip is the buffet lunch by the falls. Not so much variety of food and the drinks are not covered by the free lunch. Over-all it is an interesting trip because as far as I know, this is the only resort in the Philippines that is offering this kind of buffet experience. After the buffet, there is a cultural show around 3pm but we decided to go home. This is one great experience for foreigners visiting the country if they want to get a first hand experience of Filipino culture at its best. Unfortunately, during our visit, most of the guests are locals and one can count through his fingers the foreign visitors around the area. The overnight room accommodation is very expensive and I'd rather choose the day trip only for this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank julietteBacolod
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Me and my friends went to Villa Escudero. We availed day tour promo vouchers from Ensogo.It was my first time to go there so I was excited about it. The villa is located right after the road arch saying " Welcome to Quezon Province". They have welcome drinks for their visitors and some staff will orient you on how you can enjoy the activities in villa. First, we went to the museum then we took the carabao ride that lead us to the picnic area. At that time there were really really alot of people around (i guess they also availed vouchers since it was the first Sunday of the promo period) so we couldn't find tables for our lunch. We have to wait for the other guests to finish their food. I think they should control the number of their guest for this matter.

Also, weather on that time seems to be not so kind. So while we are having our lunch.. rain suddenly pours down. Well, it was an open picnic area so we got wet with our foods. We have to find some sheltered spots to continue our lunch. Someone approached and told us that we can continue our lunch on their dining area located uptairs. But we chose to finish it even if we are standing and wet. Food is good but I have already lose my appetite.

Since we are all wet, my other buddies decided to enjoy their man-made falls. So we changed our clothes. Their bathrooms are clean and the staffs are really helpful. We hurriedly go to the falls to take some pictures but something unexpected happened, one of my friend got his head hit on the floor. It was really a hard hit because I heard it so loud. The area on that falls is slippery. Though there were signs that they scrub it everyday and they can't control the growing algae because of running water, they should have atleast put some precautionary measures like prohibiting visitors on that area or put some matting on the floor to avoid such incidents.

Because of this we have to pack up right away and bring our friend (thank God he is concious, no fever, and not vomiting that time) in the hospital. Luckily his CT scan result shows no anomalies, but still under observation. I told my cousin what happened and she says that she have the same story with one of her colleagues when they visited the villa some years ago. They also bring him to the hospital and he was lucky that no injury was found inside his head.

But luck don't usually work for everyone. I wish management should do something about it.A supposed to be relaxing trip turned to be stressful.

I would still recommend the place even though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank aishi f
Reviewed May 2, 2013

What an amazing experience! We went for a day trip to celebrate my dad's birthday and had a good time! It's relaxing and unique!

Upon entering, we took the caribou ride (comes with a driver, singer, and guitar player for your entertainment along the way!) and had the all you can eat buffet by the waterfall! It's incredible to eat and have the runs of the cool water go through your feet! I recommend bringing your water shoes like I did- it's easier to walk around. If you don't have any or forget, they have a shoe rack to store your shoes. However, anybody could take your shoes since there is no system of proper retrieval.

After lunch, we did went on bamboo like canoes along the peaceful and watched the cultural show. There's also a nice pool if you want to go swimming. We also toured around the pink church that is actually a two story museum full of things ranging from artifacts of religion to animals, old pots and vases, dolls of the world, fashion (dresses from different centuries)...We had a very nice and knowledgeable guide.

Overall, great place to visit! (:

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank beatricenadinne
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Me and my GF celebrated our 1st year anniversary and decided to visit this place. The location is about 2 to 3 hours from Manila we only took the bus. When we arrive we were greeted with complementary drinks. We only took the day took package. it includes food which is eat all you and it was very good, tour of the chapel and other museum inside the property. Also we we try the bamboo rafting which is very tiring. The man made waterfalls is the true attraction of this place for my opinion it was very good you will feel the cold breeze. Hope to come back again but hopefully next time we can stay overnight.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
The Farm at San Benito
The Farm at San Benito
#1 of 7 in Lipa City
Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel

Been to Villa Escudero Resort? Share your experiences!