“Nice Place, Great Food”

Sulyap Gallery Cafe
Cuisines: Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The owners of this restaurant bought century-old houses from different places and rebuilt it inside a compund which they made into a restaurant and a bed and breakfast. The cuisine is a mix of Western and Traditional Filipino.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is my first time to enjoy San Pablo. I would normally pass through this busy town on the way to the Bicol Region and our travels around this area would be characterized by heavy and slow moving traffic due to the volume of vehicles and the busy streets of this urbanizing city.

We would normally look at San Pablo with disdain as it is such a pain to be stuck in slow moving traffic and so I was pleasantly surprised to have had this chance to experience a lovely place with great Filipino food.

The first time we ate was a dinner with colleagues and the experience was so enjoyable that we just had to go back the following day for lunch.

Within the compound of the restaurant is an art gallery. We were not able to look around the place as it was closed during our visit.

1  Thank TheBaldTraveller
There are newer reviews for Sulyap Gallery Cafe

Reviewed February 17, 2013

After our lunch and swim in Lake Pandin, we went to this place which is not too far from the lake to take merienda.
The place is very calming to the soul, as if being taken to the good old provincial days of the Philippines.
The tulingan and red sauce pastas were great and so were the burgers and the other sandwiches.

2  Thank JrlnLP
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Lovely restaurant in San Pablo Laguna. I had a delicious squid dish with coconut sauce. We were the only patrons so the service staff was very attentive to us! It's a pretty compound and the house in which we ate was very interesting and pretty and well-decorated.

Great dinner option in San Pablo Laguna!

2  Thank alexfi24
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I visited the Sulyap Cafe and what a great revelation it is! The Ensaladang Pako ( Young Fern with salted egg, green mango) is really great ! Twice I visited this place and I always order this food.

2  Thank ArielPablo
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Food is really good.
They make the simple Tortang Talong (Eggplant Omelette) into something so much more.
The Beef dish which is their specialty is good also.

2  Thank BenzRana