“My favorite running place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sampaloc Lake

Sampaloc Lake
Manila
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“My favorite running place”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am a San bapleño and this is my favorite place of my hometown. Ideal for long runs and the place is just very relaxing. Street foods are also great here. The place needs some cleaning though. :)

Visited July 2013
2 Thank gkasuchiro

• Korean first
Manila, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“pandin lake...lovely and serene.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

me and my 2 small niece and nephew rode on a bus ( fare for adult is only P80. and P40./child) to san pablo city,laguna via the lucena,quezon route. we alighted in what they call there,"medical"(medical hospital of san pablo city). took a motorcycle(P30.) and asked the the driver to take us to the jeepney terminal bound for liliw/nagcarlan. we alighted in brgy. sto.angel, where the signage"pandin lake" on the left side of the road is seen.
the three of us walked on a long,winding and steep pass where they enjoyed much the presence of some horses grazing along tall grasses on both side of the pass. when we reached the high point ,we were in awe seeing the ovalish,teal-green color of the lake below and blue sky above. the lake is surrounded by hills of trees and few lovely bamboo houses. in the lake,we could see several bamboo rafts and they are for rent (P180/person).there are several stores where they sell refreshments.
the lake is clean and for swimming. we found a tree nearest to the lake and there we camped for a while. my nephew and niece had quite a blast,content themselves playing and bathing while some local women washing clothes nearby.
the place is so serene and not yet exploited. one may want to stay overnight only if they have tents and most likely the locals would gladly share their toilets since there is no resort established in there yet.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank marie grace d
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“It still looks beautiful and serene at dusk...but something has to be done about its cleanliness”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The shoreline near the City Hall was littered with plastic bottles and garbage. It still wasn't stinking bad, but authorities and the city's citizens shouldn't wait for that to happen.

Driving around the lake, it was also disappointing to see that the road away from the City Hall entrance wasn't clean either. I wanted to run and enjoy the scenery but there were too many stray dogs and uncollected garbage.

Areas like the shoreline of Sampaloc lake should be kept clean and orderly for people to enjoy.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank GranDia
Quezon City
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Lunch at Sampaloc Lake”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Having lunch at Cafe Lago where one could view the Sampaloc Lake was a nice treat. It was also lovely to see families having picnics and kids riding their bikes. My only complaint is that since it's election season, politicians' campaign materials are literally ALL OVER THE PLACE! It wasn't pleasant to the senses.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Sleepyhead29
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Scenic, Great for early morning walks”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Sampaloc Lake is one of the seven lakes of San Pablo. Each one is still a quandary for me. If you look at a satellite or aerial photo of each of the lakes, they look like craters with no inlet or outlet into the sea or to another lake. Sampaloc Lake is the nearest to the City of San Pablo and so it is the most accessible. I congratulate the City Administration for their efforts to preserve the lake and the surrounding areas. The lake provides livelihood for fisherfolks as well as a great destination for tourists and nature lovers. I just hope the community surrounding this lake as well as the six other lakes continue to protect and keep it thriving with an ecosystem that will be sustainable.

Visited February 2013