“Hotel Gracelane”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in San Fernando
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Hotel Gracelane”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The room was small, shower not good, very noisy air conditioning, breakfast was not good. I had made a second booking but decided to cancel. The best part of this hotel is the garden areas. I would not return to this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Paul1304

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
England
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lovely hotel, very clean and well decorated, the staff are always very friendly.
The rooms are nice, free breakfast was always nice, the gardens in the hotel were pretty. Its piece of mind that the hotel is always security guarded.
Home away from home. would come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsClaveria
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

PROS:
- Accessible
- Very accommodating staff
- Very nice homey feel with garden landscape
- value for money: free water, breakfast, decent room, parking

CONS:
- Few sockets in the room
- Wifi didn't work during my overnight stay
- Low shower pressure

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kyrise
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting with family in Pampanga. The room was clean and the bathroom was one of the best we had on our trip. Also the TV worked, which happened rarely for us in other places! The courtyard area was nice and there was wifi. The restaurant was okay...not the best. Would stay here again though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Andrea F
London
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was there for 5 days for my brothers wedding. I stayed in a room with my girlfriend and my parents in another. We had a whole patio to ourselves, which was amazing at night to just sit and enjoy the cool breeze of January rather than humidity. Our view was of the garden, which was soothing and relaxing. The room was very clean and although not perfect, was good enough. We had our own fridge which we filled with fruits and water. The breakfast there was not that great unless you like cold eggs and i hated the food personally when I had dinner on one of the nights.

There is a shopping mall 5 minutes away and another one which is much better around 10 minutes by tricycle or cab. The hotel can sort that out for you for 200 pesos each way or cheaper by tricycle.

I suppose if you are fussy like some reviewers below that want 5 star service, you wont get it but my personal experience of the place and time there was special so it means more to me and I had a great and comfortable stay there.

There are no facilities to use but a cute garden on the ground floor. The hotel itself is set up like a villa with plenty of open space. The breakfast area is very nice as well to relax in. I would personally recommend it but then again my brothers family knew the owners and we got treated nicely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank norman_bates_82
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here off and on for 3 weeks, got a sampling of the different rooms. Do whatever you can to get the bigger rooms, the small ones are 1*. Staff is good, restaurant (free breakfast) is lousy, I'd go elsewhere to eat. Hotel looks nice, but it seems to be a much older structure with an overlay. Small rooms have no opening windows, much less with a view, linens and towels are time worn. In all fairness, as an American I hold everything to the varying levels of what I am used to there, and I fail to understand why owners put so much into the appearances but fall so short in taking that extra step in room comfort and what should be a natural, on-site dining. The Papanga region is known for excellent cuisine, I'd rather have eaten McDonalds, which I avoid like the plague. This place has potential to be a real gem.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank AmericanRoadShow

Travelers are raving about these San Fernando hotels

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Very poor service! I booked a reservation for a queen size bed and they gave me two single beds! The frontliners on duty were not able to handle it properly. My husband and I just left the hotel booked with a more accommodating hotel near by.

• Stayed May 2012
#2 of 70 in Angeles City
Marquis Hotel
Marquis Hotel
#35 of 70 in Angeles City

Been to Hotel Gracelane? Share your experiences!