“mixed feelings”

Clearwater Resort and Country Club
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in San Fernando
Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you are in search for a place in San Fernando, Pamapanga to have a thrill seeking adventure, or perhaps an active night life activity, then this is definitely not the place for you.

This lovely place, designed by nature is where one goes to just unwind from the hustle and bustle of city living. Located in a serene area, it has two small pools....actually three but I have never seen the large one with water in my three years of visiting this resort.

They have other activities like lawn tennis, horse shoe throwing, a couple of swings, leisure jogging, boating, kayaking, fishing, and just plain relaxing.

One thing i dislike is that the rooms are a bit not maintained. The bathtub in our bathroom was already broken to the point where it may cause serious injury to the foot if one is not careful. We also needed to wrestle with our key just to lock the door. The air-conditioning at the lodge cabin was working just fine. The food being served is also nothing spectacular. As for the rooms, I just wish they have a king size bed for big persons like me.

Why, then, do we come back each year at this place despite its shortcomings?

Well for one, it has less guest so it is never overcrowded. Second, the resort is just filled with trees and being a lover of nature, it is something we really appreciate so much. And finally, the staff has always been very helpful, kind, generous, accommodating, and so charming.

Will we come back again the next year? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Get the lodge cabin because the air-conditioning at the lake house isn't functioning well.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jojowtan

Reviewed December 4, 2013

when we stayed there, their rooms are nice and clean, although we hope for more improvements in their facilities especially in their pools. more improvements also in their restaurant, especially their breakfast.. but the staff are very nice and helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Angelica M
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We often visit Clark Pampanga and i just found out that Clearwater Resort is not just for members, they entertain Walk in Guest but of course is quite expensive if your not a member. I love the view and the man made beach but the jacuzzi pool?? I just hope they will repair the boardwalk its kinda dangerous to the Guests. On my whole stay I felt I was not in the Phils. I love the preserved trees and the view oh my it was Awesome!

I enjoyed jogging in the morning and the view with fogs plus the cold weather in Clark it was great!

I was disappointed because food inside the Resort is not allowed so we tried Yats Restaurant its a fine dining restaurant inside Mimosa compound,we tried the 4 course meal and the food is great.. Yes it is so expensive but it is also an experience.

Worth the money you’ll pay for. Housekeeping is fast. Room service was also great!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cherry C
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's our first time in this Resort. We stayed in the Lakeside Lodge Room for one night only. The room is nice and clean, but I think the hotel needs some improvements and repairs with their facilities especially around the pool. Breakfast is not so good because its plated and they do not have a wide variety of cuisines available.

The amenities of the resort are OK. I had a great time fishing but I'm not satisfied because i didn't catch the Lake Bass. I also enjoyed the shooting range but they only have 4 guns available.

Check-in was fairly fast, and their staff were friendly and courteous, plus attentive to our requests and needs. We requested for a later time for check-out, and they allowed us to stay up until 2pm (standard check-out 12nn) without extra charge, which is good.

The Multicab service they have for check in and check out of the guest is kinda dirty and not presentable, good thing you have a golfcart where my kids enjoyed their ride and took a picture of it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John P
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my first time in this Resort. We stayed on the Outback Tent for a change, since we always stay on a typical hotel room, the food is average, the staffs are very nice and helpful, the ambiance is so relaxing If you love nature tripping I recommend this place. Me and my family had a great time jogging in the morning. My kids enjoyed the fishing and the kayaking. My wife got tired on walking in the area, next time we will bring our bikes because Clearwater is more on walking. I was kinda confused which is which the staff because others don't wear their uniforms. I suggest to wear i.d's also so the guest will recognize the staffs.

Overall it was OK. Next Time we will try the Lakeside Lodges rooms.

Room Tip: It was more enjoyable if the Outback Tents Room has Television and the Wifi on that area is weak...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Randell C
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The only saving grace is the staff. The only thing that is kept is the lawn. And thank God they offer wi-fi, The lagoon/pond is in extreme need of cleaning. The pools are mediocre. The lodging is horrible---the walls are dirty, the beds are lumpy, the washroom has a gut-wrenching stench. If ever you're stuck with neighbors who are still yelling & has their radio on full blast till after midnight, then good luck because the rooms do not have any phone or intercom to the front desk so you can't call to complain. Sorry, but I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank TazSeyer
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband's company chose Clearwater Resort and Country Club to spend their summer excursion. The company is owned by Japanese and we did not hear any bad comments from the bosses. It was August 2012 and there was on and off shower. Our kids loved the kayak games, swimming pool (white sand on the side), small fish tilapia on the lake (small kids went fishing). The adults just loved to stroll under the trees, green grass and lots of santol fruits for free. The staff were not as smart as those in other resorts. They were just like friendly neighbors. They were the ones who picked the santol from the tall trees. It was not that class but you will feel the sweetness of the staff. Wind was so calming. Although the resort's frontage was not that attractive. Coffee shop was dark but they offered the best tasting dishes. They were good in their vegetable dishes, fish. Evrything was delicious including the snacks. It was just that the hotel was far from the gate and the service was old golf carts. I just hope they will repair the necessary amenities. The rooms are big but the wood parquet flooring needs polishing. There could be rooms for improvement. The place is beautiful but needs to be improved. My family and I are going back there but I hope everythingm from the gate, up to the smallest detail, would be improved.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Best Western Bendix Hotel
Best Western Bendix Hotel
#3 of 6 in San Fernando
Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark
Quest Hotel and Conference Cente...
#3 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone
Penthouse Hotel
Penthouse Hotel
#25 of 71 in Angeles City

Been to Clearwater Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!