“Good Experience”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in San Fernando
Manila, Philippines
“Good Experience”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We often visit Clark Pampanga and i just found out that Clearwater Resort is not just for members, they entertain Walk in Guest but of course is quite expensive if your not a member. I love the view and the man made beach but the jacuzzi pool?? I just hope they will repair the boardwalk its kinda dangerous to the Guests. On my whole stay I felt I was not in the Phils. I love the preserved trees and the view oh my it was Awesome!

I enjoyed jogging in the morning and the view with fogs plus the cold weather in Clark it was great!

I was disappointed because food inside the Resort is not allowed so we tried Yats Restaurant its a fine dining restaurant inside Mimosa compound,we tried the 4 course meal and the food is great.. Yes it is so expensive but it is also an experience.

Worth the money you’ll pay for. Housekeeping is fast. Room service was also great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cherry C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Manila
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It's our first time in this Resort. We stayed in the Lakeside Lodge Room for one night only. The room is nice and clean, but I think the hotel needs some improvements and repairs with their facilities especially around the pool. Breakfast is not so good because its plated and they do not have a wide variety of cuisines available.

The amenities of the resort are OK. I had a great time fishing but I'm not satisfied because i didn't catch the Lake Bass. I also enjoyed the shooting range but they only have 4 guns available.

Check-in was fairly fast, and their staff were friendly and courteous, plus attentive to our requests and needs. We requested for a later time for check-out, and they allowed us to stay up until 2pm (standard check-out 12nn) without extra charge, which is good.

The Multicab service they have for check in and check out of the guest is kinda dirty and not presentable, good thing you have a golfcart where my kids enjoyed their ride and took a picture of it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John P
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was my first time in this Resort. We stayed on the Outback Tent for a change, since we always stay on a typical hotel room, the food is average, the staffs are very nice and helpful, the ambiance is so relaxing If you love nature tripping I recommend this place. Me and my family had a great time jogging in the morning. My kids enjoyed the fishing and the kayaking. My wife got tired on walking in the area, next time we will bring our bikes because Clearwater is more on walking. I was kinda confused which is which the staff because others don't wear their uniforms. I suggest to wear i.d's also so the guest will recognize the staffs.

Overall it was OK. Next Time we will try the Lakeside Lodges rooms.

Room Tip: It was more enjoyable if the Outback Tents Room has Television and the Wifi on that area is weak...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Randell C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The only saving grace is the staff. The only thing that is kept is the lawn. And thank God they offer wi-fi, The lagoon/pond is in extreme need of cleaning. The pools are mediocre. The lodging is horrible---the walls are dirty, the beds are lumpy, the washroom has a gut-wrenching stench. If ever you're stuck with neighbors who are still yelling & has their radio on full blast till after midnight, then good luck because the rooms do not have any phone or intercom to the front desk so you can't call to complain. Sorry, but I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TazSeyer

Travelers are raving about these San Fernando hotels

Malolos City
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband's company chose Clearwater Resort and Country Club to spend their summer excursion. The company is owned by Japanese and we did not hear any bad comments from the bosses. It was August 2012 and there was on and off shower. Our kids loved the kayak games, swimming pool (white sand on the side), small fish tilapia on the lake (small kids went fishing). The adults just loved to stroll under the trees, green grass and lots of santol fruits for free. The staff were not as smart as those in other resorts. They were just like friendly neighbors. They were the ones who picked the santol from the tall trees. It was not that class but you will feel the sweetness of the staff. Wind was so calming. Although the resort's frontage was not that attractive. Coffee shop was dark but they offered the best tasting dishes. They were good in their vegetable dishes, fish. Evrything was delicious including the snacks. It was just that the hotel was far from the gate and the service was old golf carts. I just hope they will repair the necessary amenities. The rooms are big but the wood parquet flooring needs polishing. There could be rooms for improvement. The place is beautiful but needs to be improved. My family and I are going back there but I hope everythingm from the gate, up to the smallest detail, would be improved.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank cecilia d
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Another long weekend and a time for another family bonding. We decided to try Clearwater Country Club because we saw the different activities we could possibly do there. I decided to get the Outback Tent so that my kids could experience that camping feel, hehe... We'll it's not what i thought a tent would have -- air-conditioning, with 2 queen beds and a hot and cold shower complete with rolls of tissue paper, shampoo, soap and toothpaste... but still, our tent was under big trees, beside a pond and you could hear nature's music --- the birds, the animals, the wind and rain -- still one with nature ;)
We never got to try the other amenities because it was raining on our first day, so we just used the pool and beach like "pool" for 2 days. My kids always enjoyed any vacation as long as there's a pool :) The country club has a volleyball area, badminton area, basketball court, bike trail and a man made lake for fishing, boating and for kayak. There's also a airgun site, obstacle course, amphitheater, and 2 swings attached to 2 large trees. Though I didn't see any other eating places other than the small cafe in the reception office, the food they served is quite ok :)
Reservation staff was friendly as I had booked a tent a week before our stay. As we got there, the staff are very accommodating from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. There's a golf cart to shuttle you from one place to another but we didn'tt mind walking to and from the ofc/reservation area to our tent... we were there to breathe some fresh air and enjoy the scenery :)
And as we were about to leave, the Gen. Mgr. or Owner (I think?) gave my little kid a birthday souvenir... a bucket hat from Clearwater! Now, I think we might come back again there soon :)

Room Tip: If you want to have tv and refrigerator in your room, avail of their lodges and inns.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pass_d_duchy
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Every place has it's pros and cons. But Clearwater is a different kind story for me. During my stay, I've noticed many inconvenient things. Like when I first arrived, I noticed the parking lot was far from the cottages/tents, you have to take a golf car to get there. Well, imagine many clients, 1 golf car? 1 client at a time, you have to wait for certain minutes to get your turn. Second, the tent. Oh men! Very inconvenient as I said. No TV, no ref and lots of visitors. Yes, mosquitoes. Because the tents were near from the dirty lake or fish pond they called. Third, there's no single rag outside the CR. How can you clean the floor without a rag? Tissue? Wet wipes? Not really. The pool's fine. Although the price was reasonable, but don't expect anything more from this place. What you see is what you get. I hope the management will develop this place more.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Central Park Tower Resort
Central Park Tower Resort
#7 of 70 in Angeles City
Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark
Quest Hotel and Conference Cente...
#3 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone
Xenia Hotel
Xenia Hotel
#5 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone
Park Inn by Radisson Clark
Park Inn by Radisson Clark
#1 of 10 in Clark Freeport Zone

Been to Clearwater Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!