“come at your own risk”

Kultura Splash Wave Mountain Resort
Reviewed October 20, 2012

the park promises to be an exciting destination as the colors and design looks quite inviting. there are four pools: one is a wave pool that's only turned for 10 min and about 3x a day. there is an ample space to go around to "enjoy."

BUT

first thing that everyone in my group (about 80 of us) noticed was that the pools have very strong acid to it. u can't swim with your eyes open and there is a strong acid smell to it. i tried to go under one fountain in the middle of the pool, and when the water hit my eyes, it was quite painful. so most of us did not actually swim in that pool. there was the other pool on the side that was about 4 feet deep and that one has a good water.

secondly, the concrete floor was quite slippery in a lot of places. i was very careful in taking steps. be very very careful in the wave pool. i feel sorry for several people who fell on the concrete floor because it was quite slippery. one of our american girls got disoriented after falling and hitting her head on the concrete. there were signs but they were placed on the sides and then, why make it slippery on the first place?

then there was the "bawal" here and "bawal" there. the staff have their whistles ready to call out anything that they see. i understand that they were trying to get the people to be careful, but some of the calls were no longer necessary. can't sit on some areas, can't stand on some areas, can't jump here, can't run there, etc...

fourth, the food at the restaurant was just no good. we had a buffet but they were serving us small portions and no seconds (cept rice). the line was so long since they had only one line.

then there also was an incident of a girl who went down the slide and she hit her head on the wall of the pool where she landed, there was a crack on that wall and it seriously cut her skin so that she has to be stitched up in the hospital. i heard that the management gave them a hard time when they tried to make the management own up responsibility.

the promise is still a promise. i would want to go back since the place is really quite inviting, but if there are no changes to secure the welfare of their clients, i might only be harming myself.

24  Thank Herman D

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I went there today with my family. It was such a beautiful place but I was so disappointed with the services. Wave pool was activated only 3 times for 10 mins for the entire day, the covered spiral slide was closed due to mechanical damage, catering gave us the wrong food and they didn't return my change.
Worst is my son cut his foot on a sharp part of the wave pool, it was an open wound. Some of the skin on his sole came off and it was bleeding profusely. That was around noon. I went to the management to ask if there would be a refund but he said " ma'm, hindi na po namin covered yan kasi sa inyo lang nangyari to." I was speechless.

15  Thank Helen A
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We visited this place summer of last year and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Quite far if you are coming from San Fernando and from up north. Come early as parking inside is limited and place can be very crowded. Rentable huts/tables available inside. We chose the hut at the 2nd level, which can be very hot in the midday but with nice panoramic views of the resort.Their slide was awesome as well as the wave pool. Kids and adults alike will truly enjoy. Food is quite expensive and queue is long and chaotic during lunchtime, but we love their barbecue. Bring lots of sunblock because at high altitude, you can burn easily.

1  Thank Macben_1969