Sea and Sky Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Fernando La Union
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
The Little Surfmaid Resort(La Union Province)
View Hotel
Hotel Elegant(San Fernando La Union)
Awesome Hotel(San Juan)
View Hotel
Aureo La Union(San Fernando La Union)
View Hotel
Sunset Bay Beach Resort(La Union Province)
View Hotel
Oasis Country Resort(San Fernando La Union)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Thursday March 22 2012
We got a room with a sea view which enabled us to watch the sunset such as it was. We decided to take a dinner in the restaurant overlooking the swimming pool. There was no light available to read the menu and the service was terrible with long waits for everything. The waiter brought a napkin holder containing small square paper tissues but our food before he even laid the category on the table with the result that I had to send my dinner back to the restaurant as it was cold by the time I had found a girl to bring us some cutlery. Fortunately Roro had ordered salad so his food did not get cold while he waited for mine to be returned from the restaurant. Naturally this kind of irresponsible service ruined the ambience of our meal and we were both feeling pissed off about it. Nevertheless I did my best to keep our spirits up and in the end we enjoyed the food.

On finishing we sat around for a long time waiting for a waiter to come and offer us further service but nothing happened so we left the restaurant. We were both in bed when the telephone rang and I said to Roro just ignore it. They were persistent and rang several times but we did not bother to answer. I was awakened again at 2345 so this time I went to answer the telephone. The woman on the other end of the line said something about the restaurant but we got cut off. A few minutes later there was someone at the door of the room. They knocked and they called and I got up and went to the door. I asked what they wanted. I didn't understand what they said but I guessed it was about our dinner bill so I told them that whatever the problem was to go away and come back in the morning to sort it out.

Friday 23 March.
We went to the reception before breakfasting to find out what the hullabaloo was aboutt the previous evening. The woman told us that the restaurant was a separate entity and that she didn't know what had happened. I explained to her the conflict situation. She asked me if I would be kind enough to write down my complaint and she would address it to the restaurant manager when he came on duty. Although I was reluctant to do this I nevertheless took the piece of paper and then she gave me a pen which I declined as I had my own. Roro and me went to sit in the restaurant. I wrote my complaint during the long wait for our breakfast to arrive. Roro said he did not feel like eating very much because he had been drinking the margarita cocktail last night and he was not used to alcohol.

After breakfast I handed in my essay and discussed my complaint with the woman. She sympathised with my plight indicating that she understood and she profusely apologised but by then the damage had been done. We paid our bills for the room and the restaurant and left at 0910.

Room Tip: Find an alternative hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank much_too_difficult
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We travelled from Laoag International Airport to San Fernando La Union from 9 PM to 1 AM and we were tired from the long day. We were expecting to just fall asleep straight away due to exhaustion. But it wasn't that easy.

Sea and sky hotel is conveniently located along the National Highway and from the numerous vehicles parked outside, it seemed like a popular place for travelers. As they say, never judge anything by its external appearance.

The hotel was poorly lighted. The room looked really old. The airconditioner was too noisy so I just turned it off as I thought that I'd rather sleep and wont mind room temperature.

Dawn had a better story for me. The room has a porch that overlooks into the sea. But it was shortlived. We had to leave early for our next destination.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business