All reviewsolives restaurantinfinity poolporo pointpizzala unionbeach areabeach clubdeluxe roombuffet breakfast isbasketball courtrain showerthe south china seaworth the priceoverlooking the seacomplimentary bottled watercompany outingsan fernando
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I went on a trip to Thunderbird with my boyfriend's family and after the 6 hour road trip to La Union, the beauty of the place makes you forget about the tiring trip. The architecture is beautiful and there aren't that many rooms so at least the resort isn't totally crowded. It's not really a resort for a beach trip because the beaches in La Union don't really compare to other places like let's say, Bohol or Boracay or Palawan. Thunderbird is a nice quiet retreat with breathtaking views. The pool area is great for hanging out in and good for the kids.. But I think this place is more suitable for couples who just want to get away from everything else. True, there aren't that many activities either aside from biking, swimming, golf and getting a massage.. The restaurant is pretty average although the Caesar Salad and the 4 Cheese Pizza were a real hit with the family. Service is a bit slow, but the staff is friendly. The rooms are really nice and huge, though! The beds are sooo amazing. Makes you feel like you just melt into it. And it's also very quiet at night.. Perfect for sleeping. And their wifi is really fast too! All in all, it's not as amazing as they are advertised to be. I mean, it's great and I'm happy I got to try it.. But I doubt I'd drive 6 hours all the way again for it. Maybe if someone offered me a free stay, I'd go for it.. For those who are curious, I'd recommend it but don't expect that much.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank darthkulot
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We like staying in this hotel as it is definitely the best in the area. After the 6 Hour drive from Manila, you can reallyool forward to a good night rest in their ultra comfy bed. This time they upgraded us to rooms with jacuzzi. The one in our room didn't work though. And the jacuzzi my son used in their room had him quite terrified when he saw tiny pink worms in the grout surrounding the jacuzzi. Overall, at least you can be sure of a good rest at a place that looks like Greece.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank butterscotchQC
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Oh this hotel is such a waste of money and time. I though this was luxirious hotel but it was not. Poor service and rude staff when i conplain that my door is not properly lock they do not do anything as if they only hacve deluxe rooms but it is really sucks. I regret that i choose this hotel for relaxation.by the way the golf corse is only 9 holes thats a joke. Place is good and when you look at it on the outside you will feel your in good hands but it is not as you stay there oh theres a lot of badthings I expirience in this so called 5 star hotel resort. I will not go back to this hotel and recomend this to all of you read my review. Burn your hotel!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank epok08
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Indeed it was a real breathtaking experience to be in this paradise! It is one resort which will be at par with international getaways. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating although I had hoped to have cheaper and wider variety of food available.The room was spacious and had the usual amenities plus an added treat of free wi-fi accessThe breakfast buffet was average. . However, I wish they would try to improve the hairdryer and the chairs should be reupholstered with leather to avoid getting wet or dirty. Perhaps it would also be great to offer lower rates during lean seasons. At first I had some hesitation about the place having read some unfavorable reviews regarding security. I really dont know how the room can be broken into. It is equipped with cctv cameras and one just has to be sure to lock the sliding doors going to the veranda when leaving the room. I commend management for maintaining the surroundings clean all the time. We will definitely be back !!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank angiepalManila_Phils
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This resort advertises itself as having world class service. Don't believe it for one minute. The staff are totally brain dead and it is very evident that there is no staff training program whatsoever. You ask the staff a question and you get an open mouthed thousand yard stare. Domestic livestock mode. The food is way overpriced and absolutely awful, which immediately tells you they do not have an executive chef. I have eaten better meals in backstreet cafes. Don't bother with the food in the casino, its even worse than the hotel restaurant. There is nothing to do here and boredom sets in very quickly. The golf course is only 9 holes and it gets so windy that its impossible to play. This place is not worth the money they charge for the rooms. I would not stay here again unless there was a complete change of management.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo