“Slow service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

Food was average but the service was extremely slow. Facilities good although golf course is not complete yet.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Taure77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

Stayed at in December 2009 and the first view of the sea was breathtaking! Rooms were very clean and the amenties, top quality. LCD TV, Ipod docks, speakers, and wired internet access. The restaurant was not so great. Since it was about the only thing that was there, you werent left much choice on your food. it would be great for kids, but only for staying a day or two since aside from the pool, there wasnt much to do. The beach is rocky and not so great.

I did not get to see the Casino and the golf course, but from what I hear its also good.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lmptorres
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

First thing that really jumps out on you is the hotel itself...It's REALLY gorgeous! They've got the Mediterranen vibe down pat. We were just waiting for Meryl Streep to come out and sing "Mama Mia". It seemed any where you stood, there was a breathtaking view in front of you, most especially from the multi level, garden-type, lounge area by the beach (which is about a 3 to 5 minute walk from the pool area). Sunsets are especially nice. Photographers wet dream. And to think I found it this nice, despite the fact that there were many dried up grassy areas (maybe coz they were saving on water or weather was just too hot?). Not sure if it was due to a promo, but we got a free 30 mins foot massage (which unfortunately only 20 mins) and a 2 x P300 gift certs for the casino (BUT you have to add a P300 bet together with the gift cert for it to count). The rooms are huge and the airconditioning strong. The bed is so nice, it makes you want to stay in and sleep the whole day. Pillows could've been nicer though. The service is quite good. All the staff were friendly and seemed concerned all the time. We got our room right away Food, apart from the pizza, was ok (3 stars). Pizza was yummy (stone baked). Pool was a bit dirty though and the beach was so-so (too rocky, sand was not fine, got deep right away). Because the beach was so-so, I would say a 3 day, 2 night stay would be enough. You can only spend so much time in the pool. Anything longer than this would be boring already.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Viciousmango
qc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

We've heard about Thunderbird Resorts from friends and how amazing it is. The pictures on the website were already pretty great, but nothing prepares you for the beauty of the place when you actually get there. It's inspired by Santorini of course, but combined with the natural beauty of the place, it is breathtaking

Another great point is that the staff were very friendly. Everywhere you go, you're greeted by the employees and some even ask if they can help you with anything

The food is also great (our favorite was the breakfast) although it was a bit expensive, so we couldn't sample everything

And of course, we couldn't stop taking pictures. It's the perfect place for photographers and photo addicts (like us!)

We're definitely going back again sometime this year!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank leojnavarro
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

nice hotel, but all staff need a good training, not at standard yet!

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank RobertC2
manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

On Dec 1, 2009, my wife and I went to this resort for our honeymoon. On our first morning, we went out for a swim. When we got back, we were surprised that our room was broken into and our things got stolen. My laptop, bag, and my wife's celphone were among the stolen items. I told the management about it and they did their "investigation". I asked to be moved to another room because we didnt feel safe in our room. That night, when we moved to our second room, the locks werent working and I was forced to push a table against the door to lock it. And get this, they even made me pay for my rooms. If thats not bad service, I do not know what is.

After a month of making me wait for the investigation, they told me that they did not find anything, and they are not willing to compensate me for my stolen items. They even blamed me for it. Saying it was my fault for not shoving my 15 inch laptop inside their tiny safe. They said they have enough security, but during my stay there, I did not see any roving guards or security cams. And the locks in their rooms are not working!

It was very fortunate that only material goods were stolen and my wife and I were not in any confrontation. Imagine if an intruder can come in and out of your room and do whatever they want? And what's worse, is you cannot expect any help from the resort.

Yes the resort is nice. Yes the resort is clean. Yes the rooms are nice. But what use is having the best amenities if you cannot even safe guard the security of your guests?

So would I recommend it? Not even to my worst enemy. For those who want more proof, I can show you our correspondences and affidavits. Please feel free to email me at yorkie2010@gmail.com.

There's nothing much I can do to retrieve my items and years of pictures and files, but if I can prevent someone from being a victim of this resort, then at least I can find comfort in that.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
20 Thank yorkie2010
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

I was excited to arrive at the resort being that I have heard good reviews about the place, and it is one-of-a-kind in the Philippines because of its world-class theme & amenities...this is why we have chosen to this resort as our top choice for our wedding.

We arrived at 2:30PM anticipating to get into the room to freshen up because it was very warm when we arrived, but we were told that we needed to wait 15 minutes more because the room was being prepared. So we strolled along the resort and ate up close to half hour, only to be told once more that the room was still not ready. I became quite upset because it was already 3:30PM and the room was still not ready. This, I pointed out to the lady who was coordinating with Maintenance, saying that if check-in time was supposed to be at 2PM then clients expect that they will have their room ready max half hour after check-in time.

I only received a blank stare...and ended up waiting for another 10 minutes more. But, I let that pass.

When we were having dinner that evening, I asked if the Manager I was supposed to meet was still in the resort, but I was told that she had her days off Saturday & Sunday. I didn't want to be imposing, so I asked where she lives and was informed that she only lives within the area. I then requested if somebody can give her a call & ask if she was available to meet me the next day before checking out to talk about our wedding details, but she wasn't picking up anymore. I figured maybe it was late, so I asked that she be contacted the next day. The purpose of our trip, after all, was for our wedding.

Disappointedly, I checked out the next day without being able to speak to anybody about my wedding.

LOVE: The excellent room amenities...very world class. Rooms are immaculate & well-appointed. Service by the staff (waiters, cleaning crew, etc) is excellent...they were all very efficient & respectful. You'll actually feel quite spoiled being served.

DISAPPOINTED WITH: The front desk service upon checking in. Also, the beach shore wasn't combed...I wasn't able to walk by the shore because it was very pebbly. Would be perfect if they comb the beach during the weekends at the least so guests can also enjoy it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort
Costa Villa Beach Resort
Costa Villa Beach Resort
#5 of 7 in San Juan

Been to Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point? Share your experiences!