“great experience”

Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point
Makati, Philippines
“great experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This has been an awesome experience during our stay. We spent 2 nights and went with the family. the pool was great, the food was good and service was good. the wifi in the room was with great speed. The beach is extremely average the sea is rough but you can spend time in the pool. At night the casino is a place to spend time. the drive from manila is great with TPLEX now commissioned.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RKBose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I held my 50th Birthday in Thunderbird Poro Point, San Fernando City, La Union and the staff are so helpful and the food served are world class complemented by clean and well maintained facilities. On the Veranda where I held my event have the perfect view of the pool side and the sea complemented by the sunset.
We booked 4 rooms for the night and we all enjoyed the calmness of the surroundings. The price is so reasonable for a 5 star hotel.
I will definitely go back again....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Arnold A
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Being a golf nut it was not hard for me to enjoy Thunderbird. Played golf everyday and then relaxed with my girlfriend in the afternoon and evening, enjoying the quiet and nice food. Recommended especially if you play golf..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cameron B
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I both love golf so we really enjoyed our weekend at Thunderbird. But I think it may be a bit boring if you did not enjoy playing golf. Accommodation good and service OK. We'll go again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Papperg,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts!

Thank you for taking time writing your feedback here at TripAdvisor, and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your golfing weekend with us.

With our existing facilities that we do offer within the resort such as total relaxation at Zapphira Spa, unwind and swim at our infinity pool, try your luck at the Fiesta Casino, and we also provide bicycles for our guest who wish to stroll around the boardwalk, I am glad to inform you that our resort is coming up with several new recreational activities which will be happening anytime soon.

Please feel free to contact me thru my mobile phone (0908) 815-8892 or e-mail me at mlanuza@thunderbird-asia.com.

Caloocan, Caloocan, Philippines
Reviewed June 22, 2014

These hotel has some nice villas. We stay at a 3 bedrooms villa. We went around the resort but nothing to do. A casino and a golf course, that's it. They should put up some activity for come on. food in hotel not bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank PCT555
Dear PCT555,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in one of our villas. I am happy to inform you that we are currently building more villas and rooms within the property.

San Fernando La Union, Philippines
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went in this hotel to check the place so I can decide if i will stay but the security personnel didn't allow me to enter as I ask if I can enter and have a tour on the place. So disappointed as I watch the beauty of the hotel at the distance...I will never ever step on foot on this place..

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Tanatalus D
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Tantalus D,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your recent experience with regards to our new security entrance policy.

I do hope that you will still consider visiting our beautiful resort someday and I will be glad to personally show you around our property.

Travelers are raving about these San Fernando La Union hotels

Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel's Santorini-inspired architecture is beautiful. The rooms are clean and spacious (though showing a few signs of aging). The staff are courteous and helpful. The amenities are ok as I find the pool a little small. The sand on the beach is on the rocky side. We did enjoy their water gun activity and we were able to hit some balls in the driving range.

The breakfast buffet is good. Spread is just right and food is delicious. I enjoyed the view of the ocean while we were having breakfast.

The resort is just a short drive away from San Juan Surfing School.

Stayed June 2014
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Twisted_Travelholic,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I highly appreciated your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am happy to know that that we were able to meet your expectations.

I am glad that you enjoyed our WATERFUN gun game, one of the unique activities that Thunderbird Resorts offers. In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will be coming up with more recreational activities soon in our resort.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back on your next visit here in La Union.
Please do not hesitate to contact me thru my mobile phone (0908) 815-8892 or e-mail me at mlanuza@thunderbird-asia.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Fernando La Union
La Union Blue Marlin Resort
La Union Blue Marlin Resort
#1 of 9 in San Fernando La Union
Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort

Been to Thunderbird Resorts Poro Point? Share your experiences!